If you were a bookie... Polls and bets on the 2004 elections

timberlandko

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
Oh, the GOP has phalanxes of lawyers lined up too, "Just in case". The thrust seems to me that the Rebublicans will bring them to play if and as necessary should it come to that, whereas the Democrats appear to have come to consider legal challenge to be a normal and expected, even mission-critical, part of The Electoral Process.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 05:46 pm
Bush is out...Kerry will be our next president. And you can go to the bank with that.

All the rest of this stuff is bullshyt.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 06:55 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bush is out...Kerry will be our next president. And you can go to the bank with that.

Hey Frank; did you get any of that action when B.O.S. had a Kerry victory paying over 2 to 1 a couple weeks ago?

He's still +120 as opposed to Bush's -160 putting his odds at 7 to 5.

Btw, I know you know as well as I know how well these guys know what they know, ya know? Idea
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:01 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Care to put some money where your mouth is?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:07 pm
I was going to offer a wager, as well.
Mama's got her eye on some funky shoes.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 10:56 pm
This one shoulda gone here:

Who won the debate?

OK I'm gonna be lazy & pick these numbers from the comments page on Daly's blog, instead of looking up all the respective websites to find the numbers first-hand. Hope they dont include any mistakes:

ABC News - on a sample that included 38% Republicans and only 30% Democrats / 28% Independents:
Kerry 42%
Bush 41%

CBS News Poll
Kerry 39%
Bush 25%

Gallup/CNN - on a sample that included - EDITED to correct numbers - 36% Democrats, 36% Republicans and 28% Independents
Kerry 52%
Bush 39%

CNN Focus Group, 17 on the panel
Kerry 10
Bush 7
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:48 am
this is funny to me...

3 debates. in which, i've observed;

one kerry personality.

three bush personalities.

guess i'm voting for the guy that is never, ever gonna drink a beer with me.

at least i know what to expect.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 12:57 am
Here's the detail on the ABC poll. The internals are interesting.

0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 01:55 am
timberlandko wrote:
Here's the detail on the ABC poll. The internals are interesting.

guess we're gettin' down to the nitty gritty pretty soon here, eh timber?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 05:40 am
timberlandko wrote:
Oh, the GOP has phalanxes of lawyers lined up too, "Just in case". The thrust seems to me that the Rebublicans will bring them to play if and as necessary should it come to that, whereas the Democrats appear to have come to consider legal challenge to be a normal and expected, even mission-critical, part of The Electoral Process.

Four years ago, when James Baker initially referred to the legal challenges that the Democrats were using to stop or change or slow the election finalization, there actually had been no legal challenges initiated by Democrats at all. But the Republicans themselves had already brought challenges before the courts.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:18 am
blatham wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

Four years ago, when James Baker initially referred to the legal challenges that the Democrats were using to stop or change or slow the election finalization, there actually had been no legal challenges initiated by Democrats at all. But the Republicans themselves had already brought challenges before the courts.

That's true, but usually some don't let a little thing facts stop them.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:19 am
I believe the Democrats had demanded recounts in three heavily-Democrat Florida counties before the Republicans brought any challenges.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:20 am
trawwhl iawyurrsss....
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:21 am
I think Bush is going to win with a wider margin that predicted. We have some weeks to go and the debates are over and everything else is in bush's advantage. From having the bully pulpit to having a friendly media that argues for him.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:27 am
A media that argues for Bush. If only that were true. ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN are all certified pro-Kerry. Bush has Fox who are willing to give him a fair shake.

I think it's going to come down to the wire again.

Here is pretty good chronology of the Flordia recount fiasco just so we know what we might be in for:

http://covenantnews.com/election.htm
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:48 am
Rueters-Zogby Oct 14: Bush 46, Kerry 45 Bush up 1, Kerry flat, 3-Day Tracking, Bulk of sample Pre-Debate.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:49 am
revel wrote:
I think Bush is going to win with a wider margin that predicted.

nope...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 06:54 am
I have been tracking this site for awhile. The predictions are based on polls in each state. When a new poll comes out, the numbers are adjusted:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:11 am
Rasmussen may not have the best track record, but I still find it the most fun to watch as it summarizes so may different factors.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2004 07:18 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I believe the Democrats had demanded recounts in three heavily-Democrat Florida counties before the Republicans brought any challenges.

recounts is not the same as hiring lawyers and filing suits.
0 Replies