Sleeping and death.

3k1yp2

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 11:26 am
@richrf,
richrf;89507 wrote:
Could very well be. The thing about sleep is that it happens spontaneously - POOF! And then there is no-time and no-space. Nothing like the awake state. And you are in there for as long as you are there - there is no time - and then POOF! you are awake. Kind of amazing that the same mind can bring itself in and out of two completely different states. How does it do it? Why?

Rich

ummm...i disagree that sleep is an all of a sudden type thing. Maybe its because im in school and i stay up till around 2am virtually every school-night, but i can tell when i am on the brink of falling out. Especially if im listening to music. i nearly strangled myself by falling asleep with headphones once (i was having a bad dream) and now when im about to fall asleep, (truly about to fall asleep in like one second) i take my headphones off and thow them to the side.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 07:23 am
@Aedes,
Aedes;90061 wrote:
There are people who have done scientific research on near death experiences if you're interested.

I have had a profound near death experience which was not sleep but an event of much learning and at times feelings of great joy, love and peace.It had nothing to do with oxygen starvation of the brain or the release of endorphins by the brain, the realm I saw was more vivid and real that this, by comparison bleak world

For someone to tell me I was hallucinating was like telling Neil Armstrong he never put his feet on the surface of the moon
0 Replies

ratking

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 04:13 pm
@William,
The way I look at death is that it's like how it was before you were born. And I suppose it is like falling asleep where you don't remember falling asleep. Once you die you don't remember and there really is no longer a "you".
me2lord

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 09:33 pm
@ratking,
ratking;128227 wrote:
The way I look at death is that it's like how it was before you were born. And I suppose it is like falling asleep where you don't remember falling asleep. Once you die you don't remember and there really is no longer a "you".

There is saying it plain. No more flesh, just a body that turns to dust...until a resurrection takes place for facing the Creator.
0 Replies

Deckard

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 10:33 pm
@Belial phil,
Hypos and Thanatos were brothers. Unfortunately, they fought for Cobra. No wait that was Xamot and Tomax. (Little joke there.)

Hey is a coma an unconscious state that is neither sleep nor death? People wake up from comas sometimes but I think it may be qualitatively different from sleep and since they wake up it can't be death.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 10:43 pm
@me2lord,
me2lord;117769 wrote:
Hello Hi, viewing death with our eyes, we see them in the coffin, not smelling tasting or conscience of anything any longer...a deep sleep that stays until the breath is placed back into the body of the dead, and they face their Creator God.

So if you are just a broken skeleton, you'll magically get a magical body back?
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 02:00 am
@Krumple,
[CENTER]The big sleep death [/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER] [/CENTER]
[CENTER] [/CENTER][/CENTER]
As I approach the infinite long dark night
I resist it with all my might
I try and try to comprehend this end
To which all men must descend

Is it a sleep that all must take?
Or is it an eternal end that all must make?
I like to dream of awakening in light not dark
In a beautiful place to which all righteous men depart

Do we sleep the sleep of forever?
Or do we awake some other place together?
Does the answer to this ultimate question
Remain forever a process of eternal redemption?

On one glorious day from timeless sleep I awoke
And heard a beautiful and kind voice that sweetly spoke
My faithful son at last you have became to understand
Exactly your place in this troubled land

You my beloved have truly never ceased to seek
The infinite destiny that in eternity for you I keep
So for you and your family no eternal death awaits
Because of your zeal to know your fate

Soon I will bring you all to this most Holy Place
And there I will you never forsake
Very soon, you shall hear a sweet call in the dark of night
Come, come into the Holy Glory of the Father Spirit of Mighty Might

I walk in the cool of evening along sweet meadows I have never seen
I smell the beauty of grasses that have never been
Strange golden streams of crystal water flows
As blue glory of mighty skies above glows

I search the long forgotten memories in the attic of my mind
Along the twisted channels the very depth soul that I could not find
I see before me things so wonderful I knew from long long ago
I puzzle over the enigma of knowing what I do not know

Out there far beyond the knowledge of any man is revealed
Something of such great mystery to it my heart had appealed
Why have I on this one thing so many years stalled?
Is this infinite knowledge from many man would be appalled?

Walking on through the shade of great trees that give eternal life
I hear the sweet forgotten voice that comes to free all from everlasting strife
High green new grasses in this new do land grow
As transparent waters chuckle dance, sparkle, and flow

ALAN (COMPOSED 16/2/2007)
0 Replies

me2lord

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 09:00 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;128343 wrote:
So if you are just a broken skeleton, you'll magically get a magical body back?

According to the Creator's words, he raises the dead at His coming. Puts flesh back on us all and Judges all people for their deeds, according to what he calls good deeds and bad deeds.

I have read this in the book of John and Ezekiel: Here I'll post it.

John 5:28-29 Do no marvel at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out. Those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.

Ezekiel 37:12-13 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the Land of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.

The flesh comes back on according to what these verses and these who believed in Him, get to go into the land and live forever here on earth over in Jerusalem. Where death is no more and they live forever upon the earth.

This is the reward for doing good deeds to others. And not doing evil deeds.

God also gave as a witness to his being able to do this a sign when he came and was crucified, in this verse. These had their flesh come back on.

Matthew 27:52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. The came out of the tombs and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

In answering your question about the skeletons shaking and rattling coming back on with flesh from the dead, the answer according to God is yes.

---------- Post added 02-15-2010 at 11:11 AM ----------

Deckard;128342 wrote:
Hypos and Thanatos were brothers. Unfortunately, they fought for Cobra. No wait that was Xamot and Tomax. (Little joke there.)

Hey is a coma an unconscious state that is neither sleep nor death? People wake up from comas sometimes but I think it may be qualitatively different from sleep and since they wake up it can't be death.

Hello, I was unconscious once for 4 days, and to be honest with you, I think it is a state of death, in my opinion. I was told they did not expect me to come out of it, the doctors called all the family to come as I was not suppose to come out of it.

I woke up from the most wonderful state of sleep I have ever experienced in my life. It felt so good I wanted to go back. I still remember it 40 yrs later.
0 Replies