Go the Wallabies.

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 06:41 am
The Australian rugby team has just qualified for the Rugby World Cup final to be played next Saturday night at Telstra Stadium (the Olympic Stadium). They beat the New Zealand All Blacks in a masterful display of defence and running rugby despite going into the game as rank outsiders. One of the most enjoyable rugby games I've seen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,624 • Replies: 17
No top replies

margo

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 01:10 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tonight's second semi-final - England versus France. We beat the Frogs in the last World Cup final. England have been the favourites right through this tournament.

Bring 'em on!

( I knew Wilso was excited - I got an SMS from him just after the game ended! Cool )
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 08:13 pm
Watched the game with some friends. That helped raise the excitement level some. I'm cooking dinner for them tonight and we'll watch this game here. Go the Frogs.

Also watched the Aust v GB rugby league test this morning. The game never really rose to any great heights and it's probably the first time I"ve ever enjoyed a rugby game more than a league game.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 01:07 am
The frogs got stomped. First time I've ever been sorry about that. Tomorrow will be one hell of a match. All we need to do is keep that bloody Wilkinson out of our half!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 01:40 am
I'm going to a wedding and am gonna miss the whole thing. waaaaaah.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:07 am
The bride and the groom missing the rugby world cup final to get married ? Shocked Shocked

U giving up the rugby world cup final to go to a wedding ? Shocked
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 05:25 am
Invitations and acceptances were done before the World Cup was on.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 02:49 pm
Sheeeesh, Wilso - that's bad planning
G'day- Adrian!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 07:06 pm
Adrian wrote:
The frogs got stomped. First time I've ever been sorry about that. Tomorrow will be one hell of a match. All we need to do is keep that bloody Wilkinson out of our half!!

So true. It's not like the poms can score tries. Four to one against in their last two matches.
0 Replies

Johnny Wilkinson

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 12:29 pm
David Campese
Dame Edna,
Kylie,
Mel Gibson,
INXS,
Norman Gunston,
Crocodile Dundee,
Don Bradman,
Angus Young,
Rolf Harris,
Jason Donovan,
Chad Mansley,
You boys took one hell of a beating! Laughing

CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 12:38 pm
Bah bloody humbug!

Great match though! Johnny - can't even spell your name properly I see - pity your only skill is to kick goals! Twisted Evil
The Poms even brought their own weather with them. Here we are, with summer to start next week, and it's cold and wet and windy! Sheeeeesh!!!!!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:45 am
Actually, it was abt time that the aussies lost at something...

It was just a pity that the poms got to do it Sad Well, the only good part of this was that we will get to see more of that hunk Johnny on TV/Press than the whiny Beckham
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:16 am
I'm not gay, and even I'll agree with that. Beckham is an idiot and gives me the shits.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:18 pm
Thanks to Margo for sending me here. Good to see we're not wimps.
I'm mostly an Aussie Rules fan but I do enjoy watching a good game of rugby. I was beside myself during that final. I do think England was the better team and deserved the win but the Wallabies held on magnificently.
The English keep saying how fabulous their team is, and I agree, one kick better than the Wallabies is fabulous.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:13 pm
Did you know that during practice for the English side a white powder was discovered on the field? The team evacuated the ground and called in the police who later identified it as the try line.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 07:46 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Did you know that during practice for the English side a white powder was discovered on the field? The team evacuated the ground and called in the police who later identified it as the try line.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:42 am
And that concludes my interest in rugby for the next four years. Anyone know where the next world cup is?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 12:57 pm
FRANCE

Jeez, Wilso - you could at least watch the Bledisloe Cup matches. The Kiwis beat us twice this year, only not when it REALLY mattered!
0 Replies