vanilla sky

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:32 pm
I just watched vanilla sky, and i can` t help but find alot of philosophical interesting insight. I wonder what other people think of the movie. One question which intrigues me is the question:

1. How does one know what is real given that one can`t distinquish between what is a dream, and what is reality.

First impression of 1 is to doubt that we can ` t distinquish what is real from what is fake. No matter how "real-like" is our dream, we feel that our impression of conscious waking experience is more vivid, and clear than our best dream. But once we start to doubt our sense experience, and to grand the possibility that our best dream can "feel" as real as conscious waking experience, 1 does post a problem.

I guess people can also watch it on youtube.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 990 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:40 pm
@vectorcube,
I am moving the thread to the more appropriate forum. I personally loved the movie. I know it was panned by many, but I don't think it was understood, and I think Tom Cruise was poorly cast in the movie. Someone like Kevin Spacey, Christian Bale, or even Johnny Depp would have been more appropriate and better in the role. But besides that, I think that it is an excellent movie that touches on issues of identity.
0 Replies