Thought Experiment

xris

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:37 am
@gone,
gone;71665 wrote:
That's a smart reply

But what the OP described isn't really canniblaism...
Yes i know but then we have not discovered aliens, yet let alone flesh eating nasties.He should have found a desert island for his cannibals.
It does make the point if you think about it,what would we consider worth eating?We seem to eat anything that is eating vegetation, generally speaking.So if we found aliens eating the undergrowth would we eat them.
gone

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 09:41 am
@xris,
xris;71679 wrote:
if we found aliens eating the undergrowth would we eat them.

I know I would :cool:
xris

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 12:09 pm
@gone,
gone;71758 wrote:
I know I would :cool:
I know some ravishing vegetarians you could consider.An edible vegetarian Venusian alien that looks good and by golly taste good.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:03 pm
@William,
William;71152 wrote:
Cannibalism, IMO, no matter how you effort to rationalize it is the devouring of your fellow man. It is just easier to devour the naviete of the young and the feebleness of the old and the ignorance of the rest leaving only the predators who have the sharpest teeth.

William

This is true William, a dig somewhere in Europe found the bones of adolescences and child bones blackened and mixed up with animals bones.

It was obvious that children were considered a delicacy in those ancient times and cannibalism really took place
0 Replies