Mind is more than the brain?

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 02:00 am
@odenskrigare,

I really dont think that idea applies to the human brain or mind. It seems more like switching off a mechanical device like a computer and rebooting it to correct the error

The human brain is almost unimaginably complex the most complex thing in the observable universe.

I do , however, believe the mind or soul if you like continually downloads and controls the physical brain
odenskrigare

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 02:07 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;77874 wrote:
I really dont think that idea applies to the human brain or mind.

It does. The brain exhibits graceful degradation.
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 05:43 am
@richrf,
I have closed down this thread due to all the insults flying back and forth. Remember, insulting and belittling other members is not tolerated on the forum. Feel free to continue this discussion in a new thread, but play nice.

Thanks.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 09:16 am
@richrf,
The kind of bickering, personal insults and attacks, and snide remarks into which some Members have turned this thread has caused it to be closed, unfortunately preventing other Members who might wish to make positive contributions from doing so.

Such personal attacks are in violation of Forum Rules, the spirit of this philosophical community, and just plain good manners; these will not be tolerated here, and further outbreaks of this kind will result in immediate and permanent banning of those involved. Period.

John
Forum Administrator

0 Replies