What brings true happiness?

DrFunk

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 03:39 pm
@Yogi DMT,
I believe happiness is a very individualistic term also. However, I think most people will agree that in order to reach some sort of permanent "happy" or "satisfied" state of mind, one must feel like he has accomplished what he had set himself to. Once you feel like you have reached the goal you set yourself back when you were just a dreamer, I believe you can consider your life as "successful" and comes with that a certain form of accomplishment which leads to lasting "happiness". Everyone's goals can be different, and everyone's meaning of self accomplishment can also be. I think from the moment you feel proud about what you've given to the world and the things you have done, you will feel a constant state of happiness.

The problem is too many people don't reach that point in their lives where they can really be happy about what they've done or they don't realize the magnitude of what they've accomplished and therefore never feel this everlasting peace of mind.

Can anyone see where I'm getting?
0 Replies

Cybermint

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 07:15 pm
@Yogi DMT,
I believe the path to true happiness is different for each person therefore I agree along to the statement that it is individualistic. I can understand that people often feel the need to achieve something in order to obtain what we so call "true happiness" hence why some people set the standards very high while others necessitate but the simplest of simplicity.

Why do we associate so closely the terms "true" and "eternal"? Whether it's everlasting or not doesn't change the fact that it's real.
We often consider the hardest and most complex path as the one that will lead us to happiness. Quite sincerely, I have a high regard for those individuals who take the simplest trail and savor true bliss within their grasp. Who are we to judge if that joy they are feeling is true or not? Either ways, we would only be comparing it to our own expectations thus proving nothing but our own opinion.
0 Replies