Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 06:56 pm
Anyone watch House on fox regularly, if so anyone see that last episode, woah! that was weird, he is in a mental institution now? I'm interested in seeing where the series is going next.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,331 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Elmud

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:04 pm
@Yogi DMT,
I think I caught a minute or two of that one once. That fella has a strange voice.
0 Replies

Yogi DMT

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:05 pm
@Yogi DMT,
Yea, he is actually british and does a very good american accent for the show Smile
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 10:25 am
@Yogi DMT,
I have actually never watched the show. I have had some friends recommend it, but I never got around to checking it out.
0 Replies

Yogi DMT

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 05:42 pm
@Yogi DMT,
hulu.com is a great site to watch tons of TV series and movies
0 Replies

Oribe

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:41 pm
@Yogi DMT,
I downloaded all the seasons of House as a segue way for the next season. I couldn't not after the season finale, the last two episodes were such a crazy trip. It kind of reminded me of the movie "The Game" in the way that it was just like "GUESS WHAT?!" over and over again. I hope they didn't fire any of their writers over the break because they seem to have a fairly well working oiled machine in operation.

Who else was surprised to find out that Hugh Laurie is masking his British accent with an American one? Bravo Hugh, bravo.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 03:52 pm
@Yogi DMT,
Well as he's British I already knew and I don't like his American accent because it sounds so false, I think I'm used to his British accent.
Yogi DMT

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 08:57 pm
@Caroline,
Caroline;87897 wrote:
Well as he's British I already knew and I don't like his American accent because it sounds so false, I think I'm used to his British accent.

Really? After only being accustomed to his English accent I've come to only see him in that light. Personally, think his English accent is better than any other native English speaking person. When he speaks with his British accent it sounds so weird.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:00 pm
@Yogi DMT,
So many patients of mine have asked if I watch it and I just can't. Wish I could. The thought process in medicine differs a lot from how they portray it in the show, and that's what gets me. I'd imagine it's the same way that a forensic scientist would react to CSI.
Yogi DMT

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:07 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;87955 wrote:
So many patients of mine have asked if I watch it and I just can't. Wish I could. The thought process in medicine differs a lot from how they portray it in the show, and that's what gets me. I'd imagine it's the same way that a forensic scientist would react to CSI.

Thought process yes but the actually medical information i hear is surprisingly accurate. One of the most realist "doctor shows" on TV, in terms of the medicine and diagnosis, ect.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:13 pm
@Yogi DMT,
It probably is, though the focus is of course on the obscure and unusual.

The most likely thing you'll encounter in medicine is a common presentation of a common illness, and the next most likely is an uncommon presentation of a common illness. We do see weird things, but they're rare and to get there we need to rule out the common stuff first.

I always found the most accurate portrayal of medicine was Scrubs, more for the working environment than for the medicine itself.

If you're interested in accurate, fascinating medical detective stories, you might check out the wonderful books by Berton Roueche.
0 Replies

Leonard

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:40 pm
@Yogi DMT,
I love the show, I don't get around to watching it though. Your thread prompted me to keep watching though, i've almost entirely forgot.
0 Replies