Toy troubles

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 04:55 pm
Sounds like Little Mo has already had $10 worth of fun!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 05:02 pm
It does!

I was gonna ask about the film. She's not mouthy at all (any more), but that is a consideration.

Are there any dangers with just regular skin contact, or is it just mouth/ eyes to worry about?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 05:18 pm
Aside from the fact that no given toy has a more than fighting chance to interest AND survive a two-year old, this sounds like fun.

I would definitely go the digital route with the cheapest available. If Mo is interested and learns the basics of switching it on and off, what can you lose? Think of all the film you won't be paying for.

Go for it!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 05:37 pm
i-Zone Holiday Ornament

http://www.i-zone.com/media/com/images/ideas/ii153_lrg_33cd.jpgsupplies and instructions
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 07:16 pm
That's what I'll probably do, Tomkitten!

Despite all the warnings about caustic glue we didn't have any glue problems at all. (It does say to avoid contact with skin, clothing, furniture.) It takes quite a tug to get the film strip out of the camera and he had to have help so I don't think he'll have a chance to get too gluey. The prints develop like SX-70 prints so you get that magic thing!

Mo's mom and dad came by tonight for a visit so we decided to load some film and let him go. Out of a 12 shot roll we got 5 pretty good shots (he actually has pretty good aim), one shot of the dog's but as she ran away, four shots of the carpet (ummm, about that aim....) and one of something I can't figure out.

He's really played with the camera a lot today. He took it on our daily excursion around the block even!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 08:54 pm
Sounds great!

Definitely $10 worth already. (The dog's butt has to be worth at least $5. Very Happy)

How much does the film cost?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:19 pm
The film is expensive - which is why I'll probably look into digital if the infatuation hold. At Target, I found three rolls of twelve shots for $15.00.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:22 pm
Ooh. Five bucks a roll. Spendy indeed.

Hmm, yeah, I'd want to be willing to go the digital route if I get the cheap one I think. Would be hard to deny her if she really gets into it, but that could add up but quick.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:32 pm
Yes, I've read somewhere about that guy.

I was going to mention the darkroom. What an addictive place, ne'er mind the toxic fluids.

Hmm, three... well you have plenty of time to introduce him to unique shots...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 08:07 am
Yes osso. Working in a darkroom is a great meditation.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 05:47 pm
I just ordered some film from ebay - a six pack for $10.

The film is expired so I thought I'd start with a small order. I've used lots of expired film in my day and never had any problems but I'm not familiar with Poloroid's stability.

I suppose you can tell by the fact I'm looking for cheap film that the camera is still interesting to Little Mo!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:51 pm
Dog butt photos are great!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:20 pm
Want to see some insane cool Poloroids?

My hero, Mary Ellen Mark, has a new book out featuring 20x24 Poloroids.

Of twins! A subject that is near and dear to my heart.

Check out my hero: www.maryellenmark.com

Click on the twins book cover (or any of the book covers) to get a good look at her work.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:44 pm
Very interesting!
I wonder how far Twinsburg is from Columbus.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:45 pm
Linda and Brenda on page 6 are interesting.
0 Replies

HoneyBises

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 02:28 pm
Good idea
I'm sure anyone who has read your post can just picture little Mo going around and snapping pictures like a pro. How adorable! Very Happy
I think the cheap digital camera sounds like a good idea since he doesn't care so much about the results. I'm sure they have kid ones. A few years ago my mom bought my little sister a Barbie Digital Camera. I'd suggest that except it's definately girly looking.
I found this site Child Digital Camera. In the search description it said it would be great for children and beginners and it's not too costly; it's about $35.

Good luck!
0 Replies