Is it rational to assume this will be our only life?

validity

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 09:57 pm
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00 wrote:
See what I mean about nit-picking details? Can't we just focus on the ideas being discussed? What good does it do anyone involved in this conversation to point out how light has varying speeds in different substances? It is completely irrelevant.
Yes I see.

I think the answer to Is it rational to assume it couldn't happen again? would be I think its irrational to think either way without knowing how it has previously happened.

Evidence of occuring once does not necessarily equate to guaranteed reoccurance. Comments?
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 01:01 am
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00;60355 wrote:
See what I mean about nit-picking details? Can't we just focus on the ideas being discussed? What good does it do anyone involved in this conversation to point out how light has varying speeds in different substances? It is completely irrelevant.

It's only irrelevent to someone that doesn't care for accuracy and reality. (For want of a nail, the war was lost.)
When an error is presented (especially on a public 'philosophy' forum), no matter how small, it is the job of philosophy to examine, isolate and correct it. If you cant stand the heat...
0 Replies

Bones-O

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 04:45 am
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00 wrote:
No, you ate that bagel at a different time. It was made at a different time from a different initial state. That was a different bagel. I don't really know what Mk II is, but let me go ahead and deliver my argument.

Mk II = second 'version', here I meant embodiment. If my life occurs again, it too will occur at a different time. If you are suggesting that we exactly will occur again in the same initial state, formed of the same configuration of molecules in a part of the universe identical to this one, via the exact same evolutionary chain, then you are simply reciting Nietzsche's cyclic universe idea that everything that has happened has happened before and will happen again eternally. If not, then you cannot say that a given person, who will be differently configured at some level, is equivilent to someone alive today.

If this future universe is exactly the same as this one, from star and planet formation, via evolution and resources, to exact individuals, objects and events, then it is the same universe and the same chronology, not this one 'happening again'. Two different things cannnot be identical by definition. If X is identical to Y, then X=Y. One life only.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
If the universe is part of an infinite process, or an infinite cycle, life will form on earth again in a future universal creation process. If we assume infinite trials, evolution will lead to the development of humans, and to another world where, physically at least, all people are the people that are today.

Even if the universe is cyclic, there is infinite room for difference between cycles. It is not necessary that life form each cycle, let alone human life. However, if the universe is exactly periodic in every detail, it isn't periodic at all for reasons stated above.

We have good grounds for saying the universe isn't cyclic: the universe is expanding and the rate of expansion is increasing. To the best of our knowledge, this means the universe can't get back to a big-bang era state (i.e. a singularity).

etcetcetc00 wrote:
Now, will these people be the same as the people alive today? This comes down to the hard problem of consciousness. Consciousness probably didn't develop in humans until around the time of the ancient greeks, and if anyone would like to read up on where I got this idea, you can check out The Origin Of Counsciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind by Julian Jaynes. Jaynes contends that until then, man did his decision making subconsciously, and communicated his thoughts between the two hemispheres of the brain via hallucinations. Jaynes contends that consciousness itself is an evolutionary development the brain uses to relate sensory input and memories. Consciousness could be viewed as the association of senses and memory.

Anyone else know about this? Sounds pretty wrong to me. What does Jaynes cite as being the trigger for consciousness? Does he explain how we went from being totally unconscious to being amazing philosophers in the same era without any inbetween transitional phase of thinking? Did we go from no thought to 'What is ethics, really?' From no speech to The Iliad? What's the physical basis of this? Any evidence of evolution of the human brain just prior to the era of the ancient greeks?

Why did consciousness evolve so late if all it requires to work with is sensory input and memory, features that can be associated with all mammals, most birds, fish, etc, etc, and with humans from the get-go?
0 Replies

hue-man

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 07:59 am
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00 wrote:
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AFTERLIFE
Please read the posts in this thread before you add your 2 cents.

Don't be so touchy. Maybe I misunderstood, but you're speaking of existence beyond death, correct? You said that anyone who believes that once their life is over there will never be anything more are limiting the capabilities of the universe. If you weren't speaking of the afterlife then I'm sure you can see why I thought that you were.
0 Replies

etcetcetc00

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 08:45 am
@etcetcetc00,
Jaynes actually cites the Iliad as evidence for his theory. He claims that it was literature written for a relatively unconscious people. You should read the book, I can't explan it all here. It's about 10% theory and 90% evidence. You'll actually probably get bored of all the evidence he proposes about halfway through the book. The prior brain model was a bicameral mind that was semi-conscious, but the two separate halves of the brain did not work together. The right half would control the "now" actions, such as movement, speech. Speech still existed. Speech does not require cosciousness. The left half of the brain handled lateral thinking, decision making, abstract reasoning, but did it all unconsciously. When the left half of the brain made a decision, it would communicate to the right half of the brain via visual and auditory hallucinations. This accounted for all the decision making in the iliad being done by gods. People didn't sit down and make their own decisions. He compared the bicameral mind to his work with schizophrenics and people who had had the commisures between the left and right hemisphere cut. It's a good 800 pages, if memory serves, so I really can't give you all the details.
Now, I didn't say all it required was input and memory. That's all it does is what I meant. Humans are the only animals we know of with the capability to recall things that happened to them. Consciousness as explained by Jaynes is basically a better system the brain developed in order to better associate memory and input. The space in our head where we believe we are, and our sense of "I" are fabrications of cousciousness.
As far as cyclical universes, there are still cyclic models that do not involve a crunch. See Roger Penrose's cyclical model, for instance. Cyclical or not, if another universe were to be created entirely and a person in this universe were created exactly the same in that one would relate the same memories and input all the same way. Memories nor consciousness exist in any one part of the brain. Which physical atoms make up the brain specifically have no meaning. As a matter of fact, if you look back at this time 10 years from now, you will have none of the same molecules in your body that you have now. Your body cycles through different cells regularly. "You" are not the atoms that make you. "You" are either a "soul", or the manifestation of the phenomena of your consciousness. I'd lean toward the latter. Now, what comprises consciousness? It is the minds association of all the events that happen to you with the events that already happened. That has no physical presence.

This doesn't require that every universe be like this one, only that the universe be an infinite process. Regardless of the number of outcomes, infinitew trials will yeild infinite occurrences of each.
Tonfish

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 01:37 am
@etcetcetc00,
Looks a bit off-topic for me :/ Cyclic universes, afterlife... altho I have some questions about this:

1. If "me" is cyclically reproducing itself (with a time difference), and the 2nd "me" is exactly the same as the 1st (events, decisions, environment). Does it mean that my consciousness will be the same? I mean, if the 1st and 2nd me is in the same environment, making the same decisions, it means that the thoughts and feelings are the same too or not?

-if yes, then it means that my life is cyclically reproducing itself. But it's still my ONLY life. Becoz when I die, everything goes back to the start. Starting from the beginning, and I won't be able to get memories from the 1st "me" in the past.

-if not, then it's purely not "me", because there's a difference (It can be one decision, one event in the environment, one CHANGE in my thoughts).

About this topic's title:
Either the case, our life will just reproduce itself from the beginning (thus the same things'll happen with "me" in every cyclically repeated universe). So it'll be the exactly SAME life happening again, and again, altho we couldn't be able to sense it in any way (maybe deja vou? bit it's a different topic).

But if you don't want to talk about afterlife (you made that clear XD). Then what do you exactly mean by "only life"?
etcetcetc00

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 09:22 am
@Tonfish,
Tonfish;60640 wrote:
Looks a bit off-topic for me :/ Cyclic universes, afterlife... altho I have some questions about this:

1. If "me" is cyclically reproducing itself (with a time difference), and the 2nd "me" is exactly the same as the 1st (events, decisions, environment). Does it mean that my consciousness will be the same? I mean, if the 1st and 2nd me is in the same environment, making the same decisions, it means that the thoughts and feelings are the same too or not?

-if yes, then it means that my life is cyclically reproducing itself. But it's still my ONLY life. Becoz when I die, everything goes back to the start. Starting from the beginning, and I won't be able to get memories from the 1st "me" in the past.

-if not, then it's purely not "me", because there's a difference (It can be one decision, one event in the environment, one CHANGE in my thoughts).

About this topic's title:
Either the case, our life will just reproduce itself from the beginning (thus the same things'll happen with "me" in every cyclically repeated universe). So it'll be the exactly SAME life happening again, and again, altho we couldn't be able to sense it in any way (maybe deja vou? bit it's a different topic).

But if you don't want to talk about afterlife (you made that clear XD). Then what do you exactly mean by "only life"?

That probably was poor word choice. It's because the fundamental question I'm trying to ask is if we have any reason to believe the universe can't do what it did again. It's a separate occurrence of the same event.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2009 03:39 pm
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00 wrote:
Jaynes actually cites the Iliad as evidence for his theory. He claims that it was literature written for a relatively unconscious people. You should read the book, I can't explan it all here. It's about 10% theory and 90% evidence. You'll actually probably get bored of all the evidence he proposes about halfway through the book. The prior brain model was a bicameral mind that was semi-conscious, but the two separate halves of the brain did not work together. The right half would control the "now" actions, such as movement, speech. Speech still existed. Speech does not require cosciousness. The left half of the brain handled lateral thinking, decision making, abstract reasoning, but did it all unconsciously. When the left half of the brain made a decision, it would communicate to the right half of the brain via visual and auditory hallucinations. This accounted for all the decision making in the iliad being done by gods. People didn't sit down and make their own decisions. He compared the bicameral mind to his work with schizophrenics and people who had had the commisures between the left and right hemisphere cut. It's a good 800 pages, if memory serves, so I really can't give you all the details.
Now, I didn't say all it required was input and memory. That's all it does is what I meant. Humans are the only animals we know of with the capability to recall things that happened to them. Consciousness as explained by Jaynes is basically a better system the brain developed in order to better associate memory and input. The space in our head where we believe we are, and our sense of "I" are fabrications of cousciousness.
As far as cyclical universes, there are still cyclic models that do not involve a crunch. See Roger Penrose's cyclical model, for instance. Cyclical or not, if another universe were to be created entirely and a person in this universe were created exactly the same in that one would relate the same memories and input all the same way. Memories nor consciousness exist in any one part of the brain. Which physical atoms make up the brain specifically have no meaning. As a matter of fact, if you look back at this time 10 years from now, you will have none of the same molecules in your body that you have now. Your body cycles through different cells regularly. "You" are not the atoms that make you. "You" are either a "soul", or the manifestation of the phenomena of your consciousness. I'd lean toward the latter. Now, what comprises consciousness? It is the minds association of all the events that happen to you with the events that already happened. That has no physical presence.

This doesn't require that every universe be like this one, only that the universe be an infinite process. Regardless of the number of outcomes, infinitew trials will yeild infinite occurrences of each.

I like that book, and still have after thirty years...And he is right, not so much about primitive people's unconsciousness...They were not particularly good at asbtracting moral qualities, like life, or justice... They were not unconscious, exactly, but more unconscious of being conscious..
0 Replies

Bones-O

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 12:21 pm
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00 wrote:
Jaynes actually cites the Iliad as evidence for his theory. He claims that it was literature written for a relatively unconscious people.

Really? The Iliad? Not The DaVinci Code?

etcetcetc00 wrote:
You should read the book, I can't explan it all here.

Hmm. You haven't sold me. It sounds really balls.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
Speech still existed. Speech does not require cosciousness.

It makes me wonder what definition of consciousness is being used here. It sounds more like self-awareness. I can see the argument saying that, say, when a meercat spots danger and squeeks, the whole process can occur automaticaly without the meercat being conscious that it itself is in danger, i.e. reflexively. But to write an epic poem without consciousness...? I'd wager that whatever mental faculties you can render subconscious in poem-writing will leave nothing left for us modern conscious types to lay claim to.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
When the left half of the brain made a decision, it would communicate to the right half of the brain via visual and auditory hallucinations. This accounted for all the decision making in the iliad being done by gods.

So would induced creationism and the recognition that, while the determinism necessary for teleological thinking seems present and correct, stuff still happens that foils you. And, hey, what do you know, auditory hallucinations or no auditory hallucinations, THAT'S STILL TRUE! So no need for a theory of auditory hallucinations.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
People didn't sit down and make their own decisions.

I understand. Homer didn't decide to write The Iliad, an auditory hallucination told him to do it. Sure.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
It's a good 800 pages, if memory serves, so I really can't give you all the details.

Tch. Shame.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
Humans are the only animals we know of with the capability to recall things that happened to them.

I very much doubt this. I should think any animal with a temporal lobe would have access to past experiences. Any animal psychologists out there to confirm this?

etcetcetc00 wrote:
Consciousness as explained by Jaynes is basically a better system the brain developed in order to better associate memory and input. The space in our head where we believe we are, and our sense of "I" are fabrications of cousciousness.

You mean couscousness?

etcetcetc00 wrote:
Cyclical or not, if another universe were to be created entirely and a person in this universe were created exactly the same in that one would relate the same memories and input all the same way.

I get what you're saying. If a person in other/future universe has the same composition and experiences, they will have the same psychology. But since there is no continuity, it cannot be said to be 'our' life. It is still his/her life; it's just equivilent to ours in every detail.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
Memories nor consciousness exist in any one part of the brain. Which physical atoms make up the brain specifically have no meaning. As a matter of fact, if you look back at this time 10 years from now, you will have none of the same molecules in your body that you have now. Your body cycles through different cells regularly.

What difference does that make. I am not the same consciousness now as I was before either. I know new things, I think differently, I think of myself differently... I'll grant a little degree of freedom, but essentially a brain differently constituted to mine will behave differently.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
"You" are not the atoms that make you. "You" are either a "soul", or the manifestation of the phenomena of your consciousness. I'd lean toward the latter. Now, what comprises consciousness? It is the minds association of all the events that happen to you with the events that already happened. That has no physical presence.

Information, both past (memory) and present (stimuli) are physically encoded in the brain. Different network of neurons = different past/present experiences.

etcetcetc00 wrote:

No, that's not right. If there are infinite permutations of possible universes then we can have an infinite number of universes without ever getting the same one twice.
0 Replies

etcetcetc00

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 10:03 am
@etcetcetc00,
1. Not the DaVinci Code. That is an asinine comment.
2. I'm not trying to sell you the book.
3. If you have a problem with his ideas, or can't fully understand them, you're not going to solve that problem be trying to make me look like a jerk. I'm trying to sum up his ideas to fit them into this thread. I can't explain them like he did. If you want further clarification, you have to read the book, but it is a serious book that got alot of acclaim in the psychological community. Whether or not you take my idea seriously, you shouldn't try to demean his work.
4. How is continuity essential to consciousness? Can you define consciousness so specifically that it outlines such a requirement? I'd like to hear that.
5. If you define consciousness as information physically encoded in the brain, then another brain encoding the same stimulus would produce the same consciousness. This is the same stimulus and same network of neurons we're talking about here.
6. Maybe a mathematical model might help, but I'm having trouble imagining any set of outcomes of the same process not being repeated under infinite trials. How could an outcome be achieved only once with infinite trials? Whatever is preventing it from repeating under infinite trials ought to have prevented it from happening in the first place.
7. Most animals lack the ability for recall. Dogs, for instance, can't do it. This is why they are always excited to see their masters come home whether they'd been gone 2 hours or 2 weeks. Don't get confused about the difference between recognition and recall. They can recognize you without having to remember the last time they saw you. I'm sure you can recognize an apple without having to thing back to the last time you saw one.
8. If you're going to be cynical, why waste both our time? If you perceive my thread to be some kind of joke, why spend so much time and effort replying to this thread? I'm not trying to waste your time, please don't try to waste mine.
deadcolor

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 12:58 pm
@etcetcetc00,
Light Speed: no, however there is light for you to bend and change at siting position called the new meditation.
0 Replies

firavia

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 01:08 pm
@etcetcetc00,
random creation or whatever you call , we are allife and we exist .
if man is an irrational being then all his mental outcomes are considered irrational to .
we can study the case of afterlife from 2 omniscient prespective
the first:
-If man is a "darwanian" being we can conclude that humanity has no need for the idea of afterlife in order to prevail or tu sruvive .
the first concept can be counter-argumented simply by showing the complexity of human mental structure which is the most essential element of his prevalence and survival specifically speaking it is "intellegence" .
and one of the most complicated compound of intellegence is "imagination" , so a darwanian being called human can reach the idea of afterlife where no other creatures had reached it before .
in a darwanian perspective we can justify the idea of afterlife by the need of humanity to feel un-anxious .
Our perception is very sophisticated and as a form of this sophistication we've mutated into delicate anxious beings through evolution.
-if man is a an exitentialist being then , the idea of afterlife is implemented in our heads since the begining for an exitentialist reason or a motive for belief .
so the rationality of afterlife depends on how much do we believe in the darwanian theology , which personally I find it absurd.
0 Replies

etcetcetc00

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 09:34 pm
@etcetcetc00,
This thread is not pertaining to afterlife. My idea is completely compatible with the theory of evolution. Simply put for anyone who still doesn't get this.
I'm not talking about an immortal soul
I'm not talking about any form of life that comes immediately after the death of any given person
I'm talking about whether or not we should assume the events that took place to lead to this day can happen again, and whether or not a repeat will result in the lives of everyone who lives, will live, or ever has lived being repeated exactly as they were.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

One more note. Darwinian Theology? What are you talking about? The theory of evolution does not invoke the use of any god.
validity

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 03:14 am
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00 wrote:
The theory of evolution does not invoke the use of any god.
I think thats a good state to evolve into, so maybe there is room, not yet though :shifty:
0 Replies

Bones-O

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 02:58 pm
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00 wrote:
1. Not the DaVinci Code. That is an asinine comment.

It was clearly a joke. I'm not saying 'Laugh!' but it worries me that you could even be bothered to critique it.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
3. If you have a problem with his ideas, or can't fully understand them, you're not going to solve that problem be trying to make me look like a jerk. I'm trying to sum up his ideas to fit them into this thread. I can't explain them like he did. If you want further clarification, you have to read the book, but it is a serious book that got alot of acclaim in the psychological community. Whether or not you take my idea seriously, you shouldn't try to demean his work.

See my last paragraph about this.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
4. How is continuity essential to consciousness? Can you define consciousness so specifically that it outlines such a requirement? I'd like to hear that.

Well this is precisely the problem with your argument. In this universe there is a consciousness X. In some future universe there is consciousness Y. Your postulate is that Y may be the same as X. This is a continuity you are imposing, a continuity of identity. So I'm afraid responding that I can't say any consciousness has continuity doesn't do much for your argument.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
5. If you define consciousness as information physically encoded in the brain, then another brain encoding the same stimulus would produce the same consciousness. This is the same stimulus and same network of neurons we're talking about here.

I wasn't claiming consciousness is simply the physical encoding of information. You claimed that the relation of past experiences has no physicality. I am simply refuting that argument. The organisation of memories does have a physical component.

It isn't enough to be subject to the same stimulus. The brain as it was just prior to the stimulus would also have to be identical. This means that the two people must always have been biologically identical, have the same personal history and been subject to the same accidents they weren't conscious of (e.g. accidents in information encoding). This means an identical local environment at the very least. If these two universes were identical only in the region of that consciousness, then its still two different consciousnesses in the same way that two bagels are two different bagels. If the entire universe is identical in every way, it isn't a second different universe: it's the same universe considered twice.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
6. Maybe a mathematical model might help, but I'm having trouble imagining any set of outcomes of the same process not being repeated under infinite trials. How could an outcome be achieved only once with infinite trials? Whatever is preventing it from repeating under infinite trials ought to have prevented it from happening in the first place.

There's nothing 'prevented'. I've already said: if there are an infinite number of different possible universes, we could get one of each and never get the same one twice. You'd still have an infinite number of universes, and no repetition.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
7. Most animals lack the ability for recall. Dogs, for instance, can't do it. This is why they are always excited to see their masters come home whether they'd been gone 2 hours or 2 weeks. Don't get confused about the difference between recognition and recall. They can recognize you without having to remember the last time they saw you. I'm sure you can recognize an apple without having to thing back to the last time you saw one.

Cats build amazingly large mental maps.

etcetcetc00 wrote:
8. If you're going to be cynical, why waste both our time? If you perceive my thread to be some kind of joke, why spend so much time and effort replying to this thread? I'm not trying to waste your time, please don't try to waste mine.

If I was just being cynical and not offering a counter-argument, I could see your point. Don't confuse me having a laugh with not taking you seriously. I have responded with valid arguments, so I don't think I'm time-wasting. I apologise for my tone, I should use smilies more often, but there was a point to it. You're using a text as evidence for your argument, failing to convey what the text says, failing to address my problems with it, then telling me I should read the 800 pages of it to make up your argument for you. That just pushes my sarcasm buttons. The theory sounds ridiculous to me, and I convey that by ridicule (of the theory, not of you). But I asked valid questions too. I notice that this theory was never published in a psychology journal but as a popular science book, and popular science books are just overpriced and not very comfortable toilet paper imo. To be honest, I need to see something more compelling before I'd even bother looking into this. What you've presented is a huge turn off for me. Why don't you tell me what you find so compelling about it?
0 Replies

Riordan

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 04:25 pm
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00 wrote:
My argument is very simple, and based on no currently established forms of religion of which I am aware.

Anyone who contends that once their life is over, they'll never be anything more is attempting to limit the capabilities of the Universe.

Regardless of what happened to bring the Universe and all of us into existence, it happened, and is certainly possible. Is it rational to assume it couldn't happen again?

Who we are as individuals is based upon our experiences and ideas of who or what others think we are and our interpretation of that information. Once death has occurred, who and what you are as a biological system as halted. Even if our 'soul', given that you believe in one, were to be reincarnated, you will not remember or acknowledge your future/past existences as made evident by your lack of knowing in this life.

So, for all intents and purposes, death of an individual is truly the end of that person. However, I'd like to end this on a more positive note by mentioning an individual is nothing but an idea, an abstract construct which does not truly exist outside of chemical impulses in your brain. If 'you' does not exist, there is no loss in death.
0 Replies

Yogi DMT

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 05:00 pm
@etcetcetc00,
There is no way to prove that there is reincarnation is not real but because nothing in our universe would make sense if an idea did not have to be backed up with facts first, until then is the idea proven. So considering thats of course we have no evidence whatsoever to support the idea of having another life after this, i tend to lead more to the false side.
0 Replies

glasstrees

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 02:30 pm
@etcetcetc00,
etcetcetc00;59995 wrote:
My argument is very simple, and based on no currently established forms of religion of which I am aware.

Anyone who contends that once their life is over, they'll never be anything more is attempting to limit the capabilities of the Universe.

Regardless of what happened to bring the Universe and all of us into existence, it happened, and is certainly possible. Is it rational to assume it couldn't happen again?

Think about the multiverse concept.

If there is an infinite number of universes then once your consciousness has been taken from this particular dimension or universe I dont see a reason why It shouldnt be focused on one of the other infinite number of your exact duplicates.

Also i would like to add.

What can we rationally assume? Really?

All we can assume is this very second. We cant asume anything about the structure outside our perception. Or even what our memories hold. We cant even assume that our past happend. It could just be implanted in this very moment, and this moment is all that ever was.
0 Replies

sarathustrah

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 04:13 pm
@etcetcetc00,
well just to jump in and answer the main question in a simple way

im aware of all types of possibilities but the thing is you HAVE to admit its just theory, no matter what your logic or teachings or philosophies include:

i think its wise to live and experience as if its your one and only shot.
glasstrees

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 04:26 pm
@sarathustrah,
sarathustrah;71508 wrote:
well just to jump in and answer the main question in a simple way

im aware of all types of possibilities but the thing is you HAVE to admit its just theory, no matter what your logic or teachings or philosophies include:

i think its wise to live and experience as if its your one and only shot.

Shot at what?

We need to define what it is first to decide its are only shot at it.

If you think of it in terms of physics.
There really is no such thing as time. Time is an illusion.
to this logic the whole idea of you having one shot seems silly.