When does consciousness begin?

HexHammer

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 04:58 am
@Smiley451,
Smiley451;70234 wrote:
I've been wondering when a human becomes self-aware. Are the egg and sperm aware of themselves? Is the zygote? Is the fetus? Is the infant?
I'm not sure if this question has been scientifically answered, but please clue me in on it.
Thanks.
Don't think a sperm has any selfawareness, just celluar instructions/memory. Awareness imo are the seed of will which involves desition taking.

Surely babies in the woom have consiousness, but when they achive the state may only be evolved after some months.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 06:00 am
@Smiley451,
I believe it's in slaughter house five, not sure ,that Vonnegut's character gives a specific memory of his peephole opening.
My own memory is not that good, but it poses an interesting question about the involvment of memory with conciousness don't you think?
HexHammer

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:31 am
@wayne,
wayne;140521 wrote:
I believe it's in slaughter house five, not sure ,that Vonnegut's character gives a specific memory of his peephole opening.
Excuse you? :whoa-dude:
wayne

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 03:48 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;140561 wrote:
Excuse you? :whoa-dude:

I know your spellings bad but surely you jest Laughing
0 Replies

pondfish

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 05:00 pm
@Smiley451,
There is nothing called consciousness. It is human way of manifesting a belief. A unknown answer. It is easy to have an answer for everything than no answer at all.

Humans are hopeless fools.
0 Replies