0
   

A very sad death

 
 
jeeprs
 
Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 09:01 pm
There is a story in the Sydney Morning Herald about a 'top South Korean model', Daul Kim, found dead (subsequent reports say hanging) in a hotel room in Paris, where she had been working at Paris Fashion Week.

Age only 20, world at her feet, you would have thought. But her blog fomr 30 Oct said she felt "mad, depressed and overworked", and in another entry "the more i gain the more lonely it is ... i know i'm like a ghost."

it is dreadfully sad, and a sad commentary on this empty, meaningless, vain culture of celebrity and appearance that we have created and in which so many loose their souls.

Peace be to her, and say a prayer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,673 • Replies: 8
No top replies

 
me2lord
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 09:56 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;104769 wrote:
There is a story in the Sydney Morning Herald about a 'top South Korean model', Daul Kim, found dead (subsequent reports say hanging) in a hotel room in Paris, where she had been working at Paris Fashion Week.

Age only 20, world at her feet, you would have thought. But her blog fomr 30 Oct said she felt "mad, depressed and overworked", and in another entry "the more i gain the more lonely it is ... i know i'm like a ghost."

it is dreadfully sad, and a sad commentary on this empty, meaningless, vain culture of celebrity and appearance that we have created and in which so many loose their souls.

Peace be to her, and say a prayer.

It is sad, beyond understanding in some ways, To end life at such a young age. I know at one time in my life, I wanted to commit suicide. My reason was because I was abused by my mother and it was more than I could handle. Things turned out okay for me...see I am still here!!!!!lol
0 Replies
 
Fido
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 11:35 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;104769 wrote:
There is a story in the Sydney Morning Herald about a 'top South Korean model', Daul Kim, found dead (subsequent reports say hanging) in a hotel room in Paris, where she had been working at Paris Fashion Week.

Age only 20, world at her feet, you would have thought. But her blog fomr 30 Oct said she felt "mad, depressed and overworked", and in another entry "the more i gain the more lonely it is ... i know i'm like a ghost."

it is dreadfully sad, and a sad commentary on this empty, meaningless, vain culture of celebrity and appearance that we have created and in which so many loose their souls.

Peace be to her, and say a prayer.


It sounds like she was so hungry that she turned herself into meat..
0 Replies
 
jeeprs
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 11:36 pm
@jeeprs,
me2lord;104773 wrote:
It is sad, beyond understanding in some ways, To end life at such a young age. I know at one time in my life, I wanted to commit suicide. My reason was because I was abused by my mother and it was more than I could handle. Things turned out okay for me...see I am still here!!!!!lol


That is very sad but at least you have come through, so hang in, and be thankful. I am sure life is a precious opportunity no matter how hard it seems. We are here to learn something, something very special, which only we can learn.
Fido
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 11:37 pm
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;104782 wrote:
That is very sad but at least you hav come through, so hang in, and be thankful. I am sure life is a precious opportunity no matter how hard it seems. We are here to learn something, something very special, which only we can learn.

Most people are learning to be astronauts... They are taking up space...
me2lord
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 02:24 pm
@Fido,
Fido;104783 wrote:
Most people are learning to be astronauts... They are taking up space...
That's cute....

A time to laugh a time to play and a time to die......then what?
Leonard
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 02:36 pm
@jeeprs,
That's a terrible way to end one's life, and not even have lived long enough to see all the highs and lows of it. Modern life has become so different with technology and media influence yet much harder with stress; it doesn't surprise me that the pressure gets to people and it's frustrating to not be able to stop it.
0 Replies
 
Fido
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 04:44 pm
@me2lord,
me2lord;104955 wrote:
That's cute....

A time to laugh a time to play and a time to die......then what?

A time to get over it???

---------- Post added 11-21-2009 at 05:45 PM ----------

Leonard;104958 wrote:
That's a terrible way to end one's life, and not even have lived long enough to see all the highs and lows of it. Modern life has become so different with technology and media influence yet much harder with stress; it doesn't surprise me that the pressure gets to people and it's frustrating to not be able to stop it.

They are all terrible, and that is what makes life so wonderful...If you try to show me a good death I will show you a head full of butter....
me2lord
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 05:10 pm
@Fido,
Fido;104981 wrote:
A time to get over it???

---------- Post added 11-21-2009 at 05:45 PM ----------


They are all terrible, and that is what makes life so wonderful...If you try to show me a good death I will show you a head full of butter....


Very Happy that would be funny to look at! lol

I was close to death once and the fleeing was very comforting, very wonderful....I was ready to head back to it....but life held on to me and here
I am still today....lol
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Stargazing! - Discussion by tsarstepan
Why are people so star struck? - Discussion by motherof4
Fun pictures of celebrities as dweeby teens - Discussion by plainoldme
Live and Learn - Discussion by Merry Andrew
Paris was in town - Discussion by cjhsa
anyone up for a celeb. game of smash or pass - Discussion by kaylie-the-cutter
Alex Trebek - message on his health - Discussion by edgarblythe
How often do celebrities read their fan mail? - Question by singlesucks13
People's Choice Awards - Question by adria72
 
  1. Forums
  2. » A very sad death
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/15/2019 at 05:27:57