Intelligent Design

xris

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 06:27 am
@Sound4People,
Sound4People wrote:
First of all Punctuated Equilibria is virtually entirely accepted now. Stephen Gould merely pointed out that evolution doesn't happen at one steady rate. It never needed to be saved. Einstein pointed out that Newton was wrong and Newton pointed out that Galleo was wrong and Galleo pointed out that Copernicus was wrong, but not a single one of these physicists was totally wrong on what they believed. Stephen Gould Merely did the same with Darwin. Never needed to be saved. There is enough empirical evidence for the TOE by means of natural selection, and Gould came up with his theory because the fossil record showed short bursts of evolution followed by slower peroids. Genetics shows this too. It is not untestable at all. He came up with it because the evidence fits.

I wasn't going to explain this but I guess I have to. Well whatever. The rate of change in diversity goes up over time, it also goes up during peroids after huge disasters as it is more difficult for a creature to survive. Anytime there is reproduction with environmental attrition and variation, evolution happens. More reproduction or environmental attrition or variation will result in a greater rate of evolution. Take fruit flies. Easy to evolve because their generation is about a day long meaning they can go through 200 generations in 200 days. It's the exact same with environmental attrition. You kill off a larger percentage of something by one means, they will grow more and more resistant to that one thing. And Animals developed at least 400 million years before the Cambrian explosion. Plants have a similar amount of time before the Cambrian explosion. That's a werid myth from creationists because I have no idea where it came from. Take any intro to bio class and they go over the developement of plant and animal life. And Punctuated equilbria deals with isolated population not the Cambrian explosion.

P.S. Einstein was not a theist. He said very clearly he believed in Spinoza's God. Spinoza is a pantheist. It logically follows, Einstein was a Pantheist. This isn't even close to theism.
Ive lost track of this post.Do you claim that evolution proves that we have not had intelligent design in evidence?
Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 09:47 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
Ive lost track of this post.Do you claim that evolution proves that we have not had intelligent design in evidence?

Hey xris how can we ever hope to dialogue with this higher form of sentient life, after all it seems to me he thinks he is here to show us all how ignorant and stupid we all are? :bigsmile:

We all just sprouting a whole lot of nonsense according to him :perplexed:

It must be very nice to be in his position of infinite knowledge!

I admit on many topics I have much to learn, even ignorant on some,:puzzled: and have yet to reach omniscience

Are we here to do this all the time :arguing: :poke-eye:

Or is it our aim to inform and teach each other in a polite adult manner like this :meeting:

Peace and light :bigsmile:

A picture paints a thousand words?
xris

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2009 09:51 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
Hey xris how can we ever hope to dialogue with this higher form of sentient life, after all it seems to me he thinks he is here to show us all how ignorant and stupid we all are? :bigsmile:

We all just sprouting a whole lot of nonsense according to him :perplexed:

It must be very nice to be in his position of infinite knowledge!

I admit on many topics I have much to learn, even ignorant on some,:puzzled: and have yet to reach omniscience

Are we here to do this all the time :arguing: :poke-eye:

Or is it our aim to inform and teach each other in a polite adult manner like this :meeting:

Peace and light :bigsmile:

A picture paints a thousand words?
I have not had the pleasure but im sure i shall.Ill put my anti dazzle goggles on..thanks xris.
0 Replies