From Brain to Consciousness to Mind--the biological basis

xris

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 05:22 am
@wayne,
I understand now. The brain could be giving us the ability to express how consciousness in this reality. Yes exactly what I thought could be possible. Thanks xris.
wayne

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 05:48 am
@xris,
xris wrote:

I understand now. The brain could be giving us the ability to express how consciousness in this reality. Yes exactly what I thought could be possible. Thanks xris.

Yeah, you got it exactly. So far I am not aware of any science that explains away this possibility. I am agnostic by nature and believe that any objective investigation into the question of the origin of consciousness must hold both possibilities in abeyance.
It sounds like Kaseijin wants to do that and only makes the assumption of consciouness as a means to expedite the discussion. I hope that's the case.
If not, then I will need to see some proof of science' ability to distinguish the expression of consciousness from consciousness. That appears no easy task, but doesn't require us to explain Qualia to make that distinction.
That said, I don't believe the distinction can be made from our side of the looking glass, therefore my argument for abeyance.
xris

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 06:12 am
@wayne,
I dont doubt evolution created our human consciousness and the ability to express it comes from a biological source. BUT like you I'm an agnostic and it takes more than poking about into the brains ability to convince me it gives the complete answer. Why did evolution wake us up, so to speak, what reasoning gave us this ability.
0 Replies

KaseiJin

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:29 am
Well, the busy season has kind of faded...to some degree, and I'll pick up here again. I do apologize for not being able to keep it up (although I had forewarned about such...I just get these 'can't let up for other stuff, much, periods)

Xris, being around, or not will still be my present drive. I will also answer to others too. Apologies. KJ
xris

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 06:54 am
@KaseiJin,
you might notice our little chat has been eliminated.
KaseiJin

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 08:04 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:

you might notice our little chat has been eliminated.

Not quite sure of what you are talking about... Are you referring to the flow we've had up to now, here in this thread? I will pick up where I have left off at, at your post after I had just mentioned I'd be too busy, for a while...and go from there...the chat is continuing, I do believe.

Otherwise, I cannot understand what 'chat' you may be talking about (any other chats we've been having are still there). Please drop by here, from time to time, (of course if you still have interest) xris.
xris

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 03:03 am
@KaseiJin,
the thread that has disappeared, you questioned me about it.
Caroline

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 03:09 am
@xris,
Well hello stranger! Good to see ya mate. How ya been doing?
xris

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 07:02 am
@Caroline,
Im fine but I wont be here much longer. You OK? cant pm its not allowed.
Caroline

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 07:09 am
@xris,
Yeah I'm enjoying it here, please stay,Sad Robert has a lot on but will enable our pm's as soon as he can. Be here buddy, don't go off, I miss you.
xris

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 08:06 am
@Caroline,
sorry but I dont like the underhand way certain of my friends were treated. I will stay till they grow bored with my complaining and ban me but I will not be involved in debate. I cant help but rebel, its my nature to stand up for certain truths and remind others of their responsibilities in life. Its a philosophers employment. I have enjoyed the company but you might have noticed only a few remain from those good ol days. Its never the location but the company you keep. Dont be so naive as to think the PM is a technical problem. All the best Xris.
Caroline

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 08:12 am
@xris,
They treated Robert in a underhanded way, do you know exactly what happened, be careful where your loyalties lie xris.
xris

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 09:57 am
@Caroline,
I know exactly what happened and the refusal of Robert to discuss the issue. The claims and the facts dont add up but I am prepared to give all a chance to give their opinions. Something Robert appears unwilling to do. Till it is aired in open, it will not be resolved. Its not me that is afraid of open discussion. Obviously by the disappearance of many old posters they have come to the same conclusion. Its not about loyalty, its about abuse of power.
Caroline

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 10:02 am
@xris,
Ok they pretended to help Robert only to steal ideas from him and steal members by massive spamming via pm's, he's really pissed, they were underhand, those are the facts and I expect all the other posters are waiting for the new philforum to be set up because the one Vid is setting up is sure going to be **** comparing to this and I might I add Xris I had your back when Salima was gunning for you, I had to chastise you in public to shut her up, remember where your loyalties are Xris.
xris

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:41 pm
@Caroline,
Pretend to help Robert? Salima was no expert, how could she help Robert? Steal members, what do you think we are products to be bought and sold? Massive spamming , how did they obtain the addresses for every member? Salima has fallen out with me, so did you, if you remember. You chastised me for no reason. This is not about characters, its about the truth...How many massive spams did you receive ? I received one personal message about the idea that they might being organising a new forum. No new forum has developed, they are just discontent with being bought and sold like bleeding cattle.
Caroline

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 09:17 am
@xris,
I didn't chastise you for no reason, I was forced it was that or infractions. It's your decision.
xris

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:11 am
@Caroline,
I dont really care Caroline, you think what you like. That for me is history and of no consequence, its this recent injustice and your naivety on the subject that worries me. Why dont you think the mods or Robert wont come out and debate the subject? they erase anything poignant to it. I expect this will soon be erased but you just stay and enjoy the forum, Caroline, I see you appear at home, now.
Caroline

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 10:14 am
@xris,
They did come out and debate it once which was enough, did you miss it? It's in the philforum check in thread. Good luck in whatever you do.
xris

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:14 pm
@Caroline,
they did not debate it, they made unsubstantiated accusations with those banned not there to defend themselves. I can see you have chosen with prejudice, so I will leave you to your certainties.Nice knowing you chick and the very best to you. I hope you have chosen wisely. Bye bye xris.
Caroline

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 12:52 pm
@xris,
Dont go mate.Sad
0 Replies