A beautiful mind.

Elmud

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 06:04 pm
I was thinking about that movie today. It was about a man named John who suffered from schizophrenia. He was also a college professor. I found it amazing that he could retain his cognitive abilities with all of those voices going on in his head. I've sort of flipped my lid a few times and I could not concentrate on anything. This guy was special.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,308 • Replies: 1
No top replies

KaseiJin

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 01:12 am
@Elmud,
Ah yes, I'm sure it is a good movie, and I'd love to see it; maybe I'll get around to renting the DVD some day. John Nash's brain, however, unlike many (actually most SZ patients) was able to rearrange itself, and it does appear that his constant self-thought writing on blackboards at Princeton (where he is now, it seems) helped a bit.

He did go through some rough times however, and while his cognitive loops lost inhibition for some while, he didn't really loose the overall ability--voices in the head are part of cognition mappings at work.
0 Replies