Should prostitution be legal?

HexHammer

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:07 am
@Ergo phil,
Ergo;166495 wrote:
The latter type is usually what people are concerned about when thinking about legalizing prostitution.

Actually, keeping prostitution illegal is a manipulation in the sex market to keep the price of sex very high so that women benefit.
My deeper concern lies in the sex trade, too many politicians has a "problem with legal prostetution" because some mobster has him in his pocket.
0 Replies

blogbomber

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 02:03 pm
@hue-man,
Whats the difference between treating a girl out to a nice dinner and then sleeping with her vs Giving the girl the dinner money and then sleeping with her?

At least you don't have to play coy in the second scenario.
HexHammer

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 02:04 pm
@blogbomber,
blogbomber;166565 wrote:
Whats the difference between treating a girl out to a nice dinner and then sleeping with her vs Giving the girl the dinner money and then sleeping with her?

At least you don't have to play coy in the second scenario.
Many consider it a personal faliure.
blogbomber

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 02:16 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;166566 wrote:
Many consider it a personal faliure.

Personal failure or not, At night clubs you can do anything you want in the VIP with the girl so long as you buy the girl a drink and then it's considered a "date" and your paying $900 for some cheap $2 wine at the supermarket.
0 Replies

MoralPhilosopher23

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 08:20 am
@hue-man,
Hue-man, you present a compelling arguement and I wholeheartedly agree with your assertion that prostitution should be legal, but we also have to think of how the industry should run. In order for an industry of prostitution to work, there would have to be rules and regulations. Age for prostitution should be treated in the same way that we treat cigarettes or alcohol, in my view. Furthermore, there should be regulatory testing for STDs to ensure the safety of the customer as well as the prostitute. Are there any other serious points of view you would like to raise concerning this issue?

Good point

Take care
0 Replies

mikeymojo

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:01 am
@hue-man,
I agree prostitution should be legal. Two people are consenting to the act, so I don't see the problem. It should be somewhat regulated, mainly an age limit (obviously) and STD testing (though most probably do use safe sex). But, I also believe a marriage that ends in divorce due to one of the partners going to the prostitute, should get absolutely NOTHING in return from that divorce.

Good post
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:54 pm
@hue-man,
Many places, prostitution is legal. It happens in brothels where the girls are protected from both germs and jerks.

I don't know the current situation here in Norway, if it's unchanged in the last twenty years, it is legal to sell sex here, but illegal to buy it...
0 Replies