Terminal Illness

HexHammer

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 04:21 am
@richrf,
Terminal ill should be allowed to commit suicide, if they are in incurable pain and suffering. If an animal was in the same suffering, the owner would be charged for animal molesation.

richrf;69545 wrote:
1) I don't believe in terminal illness. No such thing. People survive from all types of illness. A friend of mine was diagnosed with brain cancer and was told that she had a few months to live. That was 20 years ago.
Some has very different immune system, some are immune to different kinds of illnesses, just because your friends had a good immune system which could fight cancer, doesn't mean the rest of us can.

Your simple approach to such things, is very dangerous, hop you don' thave any influence on anything.

richrf;69545 wrote:
2) As far as I am concerned, a person can do what they want with their lives. Heck, if the government can put someone else to death, why shouldn't a person be allowed to decide if she or he had enough of life. However, I certainly hope the decision is not made based upon some prognosis of a physician.
Most people can't control themselfs, alcoholics, smokers, ludomaniacs ..etc, the same goes for suicide Imo, since some want to commit suicide over insignificant things, such as breakups, or other situations where terminal illness isn't included.
0 Replies