The Ultimate Guilt Trip

William

Reply Wed 21 Oct, 2009 04:35 am
Who is not so guilty? Don't you know that will kill you! Why do you keep digging it up? To share it? Why? So others can feel guilty with you? What if they don't want it? Then what are you going to do? Forget it, and on to better things? Now your talking. :a-ok:

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 778 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Fido

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:11 pm
@William,
Love beats guilt with the soft end of the broom while no one is watching....
William

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:40 am
@Fido,
Fido;99357 wrote:
Love beats guilt with the soft end of the broom while no one is watching....

You mean like a "clean sweep"? That works for me. :a-ok:
Thanks,
William
0 Replies

Faithfulskeptic

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 02:36 pm
@William,
Agreed, guilt is relevant, but no so that it prevents continuing to live and enjoy the new and irreplaceable.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 04:31 pm
@William,
I don't mean to crash this course; but what is guilt that it results in good or makes one an outcast in society... No one would associate with Hitler because of his guilt... Perhaps they would feel that even by being polite they were some how countinencing his behavior, and yet, because they presume it is their jobs, some of the media might interview him outside of a death camp, and give him equal time with the survivors... Does doing what you do for money, or following orders give any, and I mean ANY reduction of responsibility; which should equate with guilt...

Here is a thought: I was raised Catholic, and they style themselves a community, and perhaps they are... There is a big deal about reconciliation in the church...It is a sort of self informing/ self criticism that the church uses to police itself...On the other hand, if one thinks of guilt as this barrior to communication, and to community then it is best to purge all of that... Guilt does not as often cause a person to rectify their path as it causes them through the means of self affirmation to repeat the guilty act... This can go on indefinitely, of sin guilt, sin again and guilt again...It is not that people sin to be forgiven...People seek forgiveness in order to change behavior... People justify themselves by sin, or crime, but then they must assert themselves again to deny the power of society through guilt... It becomes a cycle...
0 Replies