Mental Disorder; Escaping this reality

William

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 09:37 am
Mental Illness: Escaping this reality

What if there are other realities that offer more than what this reality offers that only the disturbed mind can access for what is truly disturbing is this reality and what it takes from us and that mind that is seeking escape. I think there is ample evidence to suggest it should be considered evident in the billions and billions of "dollars" we spend on those elixirs/potions/drugs/medicines/tonics we consume that keep us from being "so disturbed".

Case in point. Many of this forum know of my daughters "disturbed" state and mine as well......to an extent; of which I survived (as I know, others may differ, Ha) but my daughter has not.........yet and it may very well be she will not. To reiterate for those who are not familiar, my daughter is diagnosed to be suffering from a "schizoaffective personality disorder", IMO an extreme case of ADD and ADHD, and my diagnosis could be wrong. Though I may very be, as this link clearly illustrates the professional medical community of "this reality" doesn't have a clue as to what it is.

My, so disturbed daughter, maintains and has maintained for the past 5 years she is in the company of an old boyfriend whom she thinks was killed in the 9ll attack. That has never been verified for we cannot locate this individual though he in fact "did" exist.

I have two daughters and the "other" daughter tired something, just yesterday as a matter of a fact, and held up 3 fingers in such a way her sister could not observe them, though someone else in the room could if they were indeed there. Her sister replied immediately 3. Then she held displayed 4 fingers on one hand and 2 on the other of which her sisters reply was immediately 6. Then she said her "friend" didn't want to play "this game" anymore.

What I am saying could this be a true "sign" of the state of affairs of this reality and what it is becoming? I am not saying whether or not this other reality is a good thing or a bad thing, only to illustrate the enormous amounts of "money" we are spending to maintain equilibrium in this reality as you take note of those elixers/tonics/potions/drugs/medicines you yourself are taking.

Thank you so very much for your comments.

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,423 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Elmud

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:00 am
@William,
I am reminded of my late uncle who passed away few years back from alzheimers desease. As a young man,,,he was discharged from the Navy due to being diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. As a child,,I am told he had to live with his aunt and uncle for a while for some reason. While there,,his uncle would punish him by grabbing him by his feet,,and holding him upside down,,,and hanging his head into a well,,,while telling him that the monsters in the well were going to come up and bite his head off. Wonder what type of reality uncle Hubert was trying to escape.
rhinogrey

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:05 am
@William,
There are energies which interact with the physical realm in ways that our conscious awareness is not given access to.

Perhaps madness is a release from those normal thought-patterns which allocate that which is subconsciously processed, and that which is consciously experienced.

I believe this is the explanation, to varying degrees, for madness and savants, etc.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:10 am
@William,
william, i am going to email you something on dr john weir perry. he ran an experimental clinic for schizophrenics called diabasis in california. i am very much interested in these ideas. stanislov grof is another person and carl rogers, the latter wrote a book called On Personal Power which i have some excerpts saved i will also email to you. i would just as soon not get into this on the forum because it is highly controversial. i think it has great potential for autism as well-i think i shared with you the problems i had with my son and how i worked with him for years to try and get him to join this world. sometimes i wonder if i should have left him alone...

also there are other forums and support groups for people who have loved ones in these conditions. i think we are delving into something that needs more than philosophizing...we need practical application, help, the benefit of other experimental techniques, etc.
0 Replies

William

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:14 am
@Elmud,
Elmud;88288 wrote:
Wonder what type of reality uncle Hubert was trying to escape.

Interesting. Might I offer he was very much a part of "this" reality and he was not mentally disturbed by this realities definitions and was the very reason "why" your deceased uncle "did" escape" and ventured into those "other" realities because he was so disturbed by this one, huh?

William
richrf

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:15 am
@William,
William;88280 wrote:
Mental Illness: Escaping this reality

What if there are other realities that offer more than what this reality offers that only the disturbed mind can access for what is truly disturbing is this reality and what it takes from us and that mind that is seeking escape.

William

Hi William,

Interesting story and ideas.

I first came across a similar concept while watching an old interview of Itzhak Bentov. In the interview, Bentov suggested that we are all evolving and the most evolved people would be considered by normal people to be mentally ill, since they were so evolved, and saw so much more, that they could not function in the normal reality that most people live in.

And then there is not notion of escape that you bring up. It is a fascinating idea, and yes maybe people are trying to escape - or maybe it is a natural part of evolution for some to see more than others see.

I think it is an idea worth pondering. How does one relate to someone who is in another reality whether it be self-imposed with drugs or part of some natural evolutionary process?

Rich

Rich

---------- Post added 09-05-2009 at 11:17 AM ----------

Elmud;88288 wrote:
I am reminded of my late uncle who passed away few years back from alzheimers desease.

My father also had Alzheimers before he passed away. One day, almost instantaneously, he flipped into another reality, where he was seeing things like my mother under his bed. At the time it was heartbreaking to witness and I felt quite helpless. In retrospect --- what happened????!!

Rich
0 Replies

salima

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:18 am
@Elmud,
Elmud;88288 wrote:
I am reminded of my late uncle who passed away few years back from alzheimers desease. As a young man,,,he was discharged from the Navy due to being diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. As a child,,I am told he had to live with his aunt and uncle for a while for some reason. While there,,his uncle would punish him by grabbing him by his feet,,and holding him upside down,,,and hanging his head into a well,,,while telling him that the monsters in the well were going to come up and bite his head off. Wonder what type of reality uncle Hubert was trying to escape.

how typical-and how very sad. we are often medicating and diagnosing the wrong people.
0 Replies

William

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 10:32 am
@William,
William;88296 wrote:
Interesting. Might I offer he was very much a part of "this" reality and he was not mentally disturbed by this realities definitions and was the very reason "why" your deceased uncle "did" escape" and ventured into those "other" realities because he was so disturbed by this one, huh?

William

Elmud, I am assuming your Uncle Hubert was the "sane" one doing the banging of the head on the wall, right?

---------- Post added 09-05-2009 at 12:04 PM ----------

salima;88299 wrote:
how typical-and how very sad. we are often medicating and diagnosing the wrong people.

Absolutely brilliant statement.:a-ok:

---------- Post added 09-05-2009 at 01:03 PM ----------

richrf;88297 wrote:
Hi William,

Interesting story and ideas.

I first came across a similar concept while watching an old interview of Itzhak Bentov. In the interview, Bentov suggested that we are all evolving and the most evolved people would be considered by normal people to be mentally ill,....

If you will please consider my signature I am of the opinion they are "the oldest people", or at least those who are causing the most "disturbance"?

richrf;88297 wrote:
......since they were so evolved, and saw so much more, that they could not function in the normal reality that most people live in.

.....that they caused, these so very "old" ones. Could his name be "cain", you think..... (There is a truth in all that comes from the mind of man; you just have to be guided where and how to look as the mind can do if it is not "disturbed")....., such as might be derived from those imposed on "Captain Queeg" as his crew escaped his paranoia aboard the CAINE,

richrf;88297 wrote:
......And then there is no notion of escape that you bring up. It is a fascinating idea, and yes maybe people are trying to escape - or maybe it is a natural part of evolution for some to see more than others see.

As you relate to "a notion" that would imply "a thought" and in so doing would offer a solution and a control. I am of the opinion the truly innocent have no idea of why this reality is the way it is and cannot conceive of such a thought that might explain it for it is so "absurd" to them and the mind "automatically" provides the egress whether they want it or not. It is for their own well being, not those who are striving to survive in it. They are the burden or karma we must endure to survive amidst as their numbers escalate exponentially such as might be understood my some as the "end times" as we know it and the creation of a "new reality" for that God whom created us new all along this was the course we were destined to take.

richrf;88297 wrote:
I think it is an idea worth pondering. How does one relate to someone who is in another reality whether it be self-imposed with drugs or part of some natural evolutionary process?

Bingo! Now we can discuss that, huh? First we must reach an understanding of what "share and share alike truly means in every sense of the word. It's a give/give ideal we were created for. IMMHO.

William
0 Replies