Windows Media Player

William

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 07:35 pm
How do I download a song to my library from a CD I am playing on my computer. I know it is probably very simple, I just can't seem to figure it out, duh! Help?:perplexed:

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 589 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 07:38 pm
@William,
you have to use a program that can read the cd and save the data to mp3 format. You can get a free version going to download.com and type in something like CD ripper into the search field.
William

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 07:41 pm
@William,
Doesn't the wmp have those capabilities built into it?

---------- Post added 09-11-2009 at 09:14 PM ----------

I mean it used to, in that I have music that I have down loaded before that did not require a separate download. Now that I have the upgraded version, it seems not to have those same features?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 07:51 pm
@William,
To be honest, I don't know that much about windows media player to say if it can rip the music from cds or not. I don't use the program. However; looking on their website I get this:

Can I rip music from my CDs and convert the music into MP3 format?A. Yes, if you upgrade to Windows Media Player 10 or later. For Windows Media Player 9 Series, you can rip to the MP3 format by obtaining an MP3 encoder pack. To get the encoder pack, see MP3 Creation Plug-ins. (If you experience trouble ripping to MP3 format, check for an updated version of the MP3 encoder pack from the same Web page.)
0 Replies

William

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 08:44 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;89732 wrote:
you have to use a program that can read the cd and save the data to mp3 format. You can get a free version going to download.com and type in something like CD ripper into the search field.

Thank you. I did and it's working great. I appreciate you're help. Ha! Just kidding, I mean "your" help. Hope you laughed.:bigsmile:

William

---------- Post added 09-11-2009 at 10:16 PM ----------

Krumple;89745 wrote:
To be honest, I don't know that much about windows media player to say if it can rip the music from cds or not. I don't use the program. However; looking on their website I get this:

Can I rip music from my CDs and convert the music into MP3 format?A. Yes, if you upgrade to Windows Media Player 10 or later. For Windows Media Player 9 Series, you can rip to the MP3 format by obtaining an MP3 encoder pack. To get the encoder pack, see MP3 Creation Plug-ins. (If you experience trouble ripping to MP3 format, check for an updated version of the MP3 encoder pack from the same Web page.)

I went with your first suggestion and got "Express Rip". It't doing just great.
William
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:04 pm
@William,
You are now considered by the music industry as a pirate.
0 Replies