Not solving the problem = Not understanding language

richrf

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 12:36 pm
@Hermes,
Hermes;90149 wrote:
It has occurred to me that when I am older, I shall possibly lose my desire to find answers to this, and other, issues Surprised...

I think it happens to lots of people. Their interests just change as they get older. For me, not only did I begin to develop a more spiritual outlook on life (it made more sense to me), but also became more active in trying out new things.

Hermes;90149 wrote:
As for making a living from it, I'm quite against the idea. There is too much "research" that amounts to nothing more than a wordy post one could make on a forum (like I do from time to time). Academia is now a business that wants to burn through as many trees as possible to solidify their income and power; copyrighted knowledge produced within their walls.

I don't begrudge anyone from making a living in anyway they can. It is certainly a big part of life.

Hermes;90149 wrote:
But I can't imagine settling for something other than... reality. If a computational mind was developed in your lifetime, would you not wish to embrace that knowledge and observe the impact on pre-existing theories? If that knowledge is desirous, for whatever reason, why not actively seek it now?

I've had many thoughts in my life, and they always change. I think it is healthier to allow for change. I have observed that the way one observes life does very much manifest in the body. For example, a stiff mind may well manifest in a stiff and unhealthy body. So, I try to maintain flexibility in mind and body.

Rich
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 12:39 pm
@Hermes,
I don't think I could make a living from it, it wouldn't feel right.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 05:47 pm
@Hermes,
And doesn't it lose it's purpose?
0 Replies