http://www.bmj.com/content/vol317/issue7174/images/large/hasm19nv.f1r.jpeg

Agreed BrightNoon

-BaC
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:33 am
@BrightNoon,
BrightNoon;31500 wrote:
As for your ideas about motion, if you would like me, or anyone, to accept that view,

Oh no no no no! I don't want anyone to 'accept' anything. I am just offering food for thought. Some find meaning, others do not. I'm selling nothing! I couldn't care less what you 'accept', if anything. I would rather see 'thought' than 'acceptance'. I don't attempt to 'change' minds, just 'jumpstart' them.

Quote:
please provide a verbal explanation; I refuse to read a mathematical proof, especially one involving calculus...shudder.

Physicists Who Know That Nothing Can Move in Spacetime
Nasty Little Truth About Spacetime Physics
Nothing Can Move in Spacetime! By Definition!

Zeno demonstrated such quite simply, that the shortest journey is impossible.
A Planck moment (of existence), the basic moment of which our notion of 'time' is built, for definition, has no temporal qualities. No 'time' for 'motion', nothing changes, all quanta of moments are synchronously existent. Not a thing moves, not a thing changes. This truth is reached from so many diverse directions and disciplines.
If you are really interested, read some links and do some research and learn some science. This is neither the time nor place for a formal, beginning to end, dissertation on the impossibility of 'motion' and 'change', and the non-existence of sufficient 'time' enough for anything to change..
'Motion' is merely a relic of Perspective and memory; a very local phenomenon (in mind).
There is no 'causation/action' or 'effect/reaction', there are "mutually arising features of the same event"; synchronously, all at once; Now!
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:48 am
@BrightNoon,
Eremmmm.. Look out, you just proved his point sorry to say ;{

^
|
|
|
Tic-Toc

From your description I take it you don't believe what you stating, just my presumption.. hehe

-BaC
0 Replies

JoseyDaisyChains

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:55 am
@BrightNoon,
'death is only the beginning'
i hope!
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 03:58 am
@JoseyDaisyChains,
Ditto..Kidding aside....

Well sorry to say this..but of course I have to!
My mother, smartest woman I ever met in my life!!

A plasmid biologist by trade say there is nothing after...<--nope not Blood:P

Man I hope she is wrong for once! If she could be wrong on one thing! PLEEEAAAASEEEE give me this one GoD!

I could say see I was right for once!..lol

-BaC
JoseyDaisyChains wrote:
'death is only the beginning'
i hope!
xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 04:22 am
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
Ditto..Kidding aside....

Well sorry to say this..but of course I have to!
My mother, smartest woman I ever met in my life!!

A plasmid biologist by trade say there is nothing after...<--nope not Blood:P

Man I hope she is wrong for once! If she could be wrong on one thing! PLEEEAAAASEEEE give me this one GoD!

I could say see I was right for once!..lol

-BaC
Yes but if she is right she cant say i told you so...can she..
0 Replies

paulhanke

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:47 pm
@BrightNoon,
BrightNoon wrote:
As for the eight ball question raised by someone on the previous page, I forget who; memory and learning are functions of reaction. Memory is a name for an extremely delayed reaction. The brain is a kind of rube goldberg machine, which delays reactions so that one affects another; all one's previous reactions affect the current reaction; this allows for adaptability, learning. In that sense, an 8-ball has the same properties, just on a very small scale.

... so if consciousness can be reduced to prediction, and prediction can be reduced to learning, and learning can be reduced to memory, and memory can be reduced to reaction, then an 8-ball is conscious, yes? ...
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:45 pm
@BrightNoon,
I highly doubt its that easy..hehe

There is indeed more too it, as you already know:)

-BaC
paulhanke

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:07 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
I highly doubt its that easy..hehe

There is indeed more too it, as you already know:)

-BaC

... busted! Smile ...
xris

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:15 pm
@paulhanke,
I have every faith in the possibility of another dimension we may find ourselves in when this mortal robe falls from us...or is wishful thinking:perplexed:
paulhanke

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:54 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
I have every faith in the possibility of another dimension we may find ourselves in when this mortal robe falls from us...or is wishful thinking:perplexed:

... my own intuition is that we have so privileged reductive description that we tend to deny what is in plain view ... temperature, pressure, liquid, solid, chemistry, and so on - just because these phenomena cannot be fully described at an atomic level, should we deny their existence? ... or should we accept their existence and extrapolate from there that there is no inherently privileged level of description? ... for example, to say that "atoms have no purpose and the universe is made up of atoms and therefore the universe has no purpose and therefore human purpose is illusion" is logic based upon a privileged level of description ... change the level of description that is so privileged and you can end up with an entirely different logical conclusion, e.g. "human purpose is real and humans are part of the universe and therefore the universe is full of purpose" ... no hidden dimensions necessary! Wink
BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:54 pm
@xris,
Thy's Robe will never FALL!

-TRoN

"Product" "of" nature by "nature" in nature "among" the "stars!"
-Di Vinci

xris wrote:
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:57 pm
@paulhanke,
Amen my brother!

Breath!!!!!

-Marc

Oh, tonight began with anything.
Shaft of a light. A warm breath and a scream.
Ah, yeah.
Oh, tamper if you like between the doors.
Oh yeah. Huh. Huh.
Oh, can't expect to go out, to go out with anything, anything more.

Oh reach the door. A breath and a...
Oh reach the door. And a la la la la yeah.
Life ain't what it's worth.
A breath and a... Oh reach the door.

All these reaching hands out grabbing things. Grabbing me.
Day in day out accumulating. Ah yeah.
Whoa. I suggest you step out on your porch.
Oh yeah. Huh. huh. Huh huh, yeah.
Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.

Oh reach the door. A breath and a...
Oh reach the door. Oha and a la la la la yeah.
Life ain't what it's worth.
A breath and a... Oh reach the door.

Come. Here it comes. There it goes. When it comes.
Where it goes. Where it comes.
Can't see through the faith. Woah.
Ooh. Come. Here it comes. There it goes.
Grasp what you can.
Don't you know there's something inside your head, yeah.

Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there but there's much more than this.

Ooh. Whoa, much more than this. Woh see the world. Much more than...
Oh, much more than. Why?

-TRoN
Poet in motion......Oha and a la la la la yeah.

paulhanke wrote:
... my own intuition is that we have so privileged reductive description that we tend to deny what is in plain view ... temperature, pressure, liquid, solid, chemistry, and so on - just because these phenomena cannot be fully described at an atomic level, should we deny their existence? ... or should we accept their existence and extrapolate from there that there is no inherently privileged level of description? ... for example, to say that "atoms have no purpose and the universe is made up of atoms and therefore the universe has no purpose and therefore human purpose is illusion" is logic based upon a privileged level of description ... change the level of description that is so privileged and you can end up with an entirely different logical conclusion, e.g. "human purpose is real and humans are part of the universe and therefore the universe is full of purpose" ... no hidden dimensions necessary! Wink
0 Replies