Horselord

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 02:18 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Dang - never thought of that.
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 07:15 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Some say life is a search Lustig, and if the last place you look for life's meaningfulness is at death's door then it is cruel to think that life is a search.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:56 am
@Cyracuz,
I like the saying "Seeing is believing." I understand that to mean not only that seeing leads to believing--that too-- but that seeing is the actual experience of belief. One might also say that in that case "Believing is seeing." They are transient or interchangable.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:00 am
@JLNobody,
But it's the "seeing" that becomes subjective to the individual.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:04 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yes. Seeing is both perceptual and conceptual--and in the case of art and hallucination imaginative acts.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:34 am
@JLNobody,
That is a good point. Very often we see precisely what we expect to see. And it goes beyond sight. I have experienced pushing people away just because I was so sure they were slipping away from me. In my efforts to prevent that from happening I actually helped it happen faster. In other words, my fear became real only because I feared it. Makes me wonder what would happen if I had trusted instead of feared..
0 Replies

Horselord

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 04:16 pm
According to science, nature abhors a vacuum: it is inherently lazy and always trying to run down to entropy.
Yet animal reproduction seems so contrary to that nature. Nature seems obsessed with the continuence of life in some form or other. Life forms have been found in hot lava tubes and in pockets of cyanide.
Why?
Horselord

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 04:26 pm
Suppose Existentialism is true. So you go to your favorite bar. One visit may be assumed to be imaginary. But you find the same bar next week with your favorite brand of beer and the barmaid is still hot. A consistency.
Is consistency a proof of reality or just a reoccurring dream?
Keep taking the tablets, guys.
Horselord

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 04:35 pm
I am lazing at my poolside. An ant flounders in the water. I fish him out. He is brighter than the average ant and can write. He goes off crying "Ah testfah" and writes a bible. Does that make me a god? Does the fact that the ant is bright result in him coming to the wrong conclusion?. However the dumb ant would not make that mistake. So is being bright being dumb and visa-versa?
God - the voices: the voices!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 10:43 pm
@Horselord,
And there is evidence of what Nietzsche calls the Will to Power in all facets of Nature (expansion and growth, not mere survival). And is it not the latest observation that the universe is expanding at an ever increasing pace? That does not sound like entropy to me.
Horselord

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 01:34 am
@JLNobody,
When you pour out a Pepsi, it fizzes to the top and then rapidly subsides. From the Big Bang, we may still be in the fizz phase.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 02:44 am
@Horselord,
We may be, but I wouldn't actually bet on it.
0 Replies

Procrustes

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 08:02 am
@Horselord,
I would say it's proof of something persisting rather than consistence.
0 Replies

NoSuchThing

Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 04:32 pm
@Fido,
No, try again.
0 Replies

Musicgirl15sweet

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 02:17 pm
@TickTockMan,
Yes, there is a purpose we are here because god put us here to live life and live it to the fullest. So, i disgree with you 100%. Think about it why would god put us on this eatrh? hes the one who started this all and he wasnt board and decide to make Adam & Eve for the fun of it. He put life because he wants us to become something specil and be who we are.
Musicgirl15sweet

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 02:22 pm
@Victor Eremita,
there is something because having nothing means not liveing or having life on earth
0 Replies

jdjaime

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 04:28 pm
@Victor Eremita,
Prove to me that you are not figments of my imagination...

I don't have to prove anything, To be is to be perceived since you can perceived me I most exist .....
0 Replies

north

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 10:58 pm
@Musicgirl15sweet,
Musicgirl15sweet wrote:
Yes, there is a purpose we are here because god put us here to live life and live it to the fullest. So, i disgree with you 100%. Think about it why would god put us on this eatrh? hes the one who started this all and he wasnt board and decide to make Adam & Eve for the fun of it. He put life because he wants us to become something specil and be who we are.

god put us here to be slaves , if you really want to know

of course if you don't know Ancient History you have now idea what I'm talking about

but neither do most people

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 07:25 am
@north,
Actually, humans created gods to control other humans. That's History 101.
Procrustes

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 12:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think it may have started of as a delusion in which the believabilty of it spread. Coincedence is a funny thing...
0 Replies