north

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 03:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Actually, humans created gods to control other humans. That's History 101.

Acually , you will find that these gods were not created

but were a real experience

delve into Ancient History to find the Truth of this
JLNobody

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 04:22 pm
@north,
People can "experience" their creations. In fact, to a large extent, the world that we experience is our society's cultural creation.
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 04:23 pm
JLNobody wrote:

People can "experience" their creations.

what do you mean by this ?
JLNobody

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 04:29 pm
@north,
Simply that our world as we perceive and understand it is to a considerable extent our (social-cultural) creation. Or as some sociologists say, We live not so much in situations but in our definitions of situations.
north

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 04:34 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Simply that our world as we perceive and understand it is to a considerable extent our (social-cultural) creation. Or as some sociologists say, We live not so much in situations but in our definitions of situations.

so what was written down by Sumer is a cultural thing ? nonsense

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:17 pm
@JLNobody,
JLN, I'm in total agreement with your thesis about human experience. We learn about our perceptions about life from our culture. That's the reason why people from different cultures believe in their "own" god, and experience their beliefs to be the correct one.
Man over thousands of years have created thousands of gods.
My god is a better and stronger god; so there!
north

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

JLN, I'm in total agreement with your thesis about human experience. We learn about our perceptions about life from our culture. That's the reason why people from different cultures believe in their "own" god, and experience their beliefs to be the correct one.m
Man over thousands of years have created thousands of gods.

Hmm... I disagree

you both discount experience and what is written down
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:25 pm
@north,
We have not discounted experience; that conclusion is solely yours.
north

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

then lets discuss their experience of the gods in Ancient History
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:29 pm
@north,
Human emotion is not always logical.
north

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Human emotion is not always logical.

sometimes it is

but what your point ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:38 pm
@north,
It's not necessary to look at ancient history to understand religion. Just observe the many conflicts found in all religions in the present. Human practice are similar, but religions also advocate hate and discrimination mixed in with their so-called morals from the same religion.

Religion is now being used in our politics to divide, and to take away equality.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
To profess religion is to profess against the lack of religion, to fight against it is to profess no religion.

Both are the avoidance of the possibility which is one's ownmost, the one possibility which cannot be spoken of, that of Be-ing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:46 pm
@north,
"Sometimes" it's okay to kill other humans. True morals is subjective depending on circumstances and situations. There are extremists in all religions; right and wrong cannot be delineated by anyone, because human perception is subjective to the individual.
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If there were such a 'thing' which could either be 'OK' or not(note this is pre-supposing the existence of 2 'things'). Then no it would nor should it ever be 'ok' to kill anyone else.

Giving validation to any particular action comes from trying to avoid being scolded, and being scolded exists only as an opposing force to those who validate. Both are phony.

Seriously dude, you're only re-hashing common bullshit with the last part of your post. Don't think for one second you've 'enlightened' anyone here with that rubbish.
0 Replies

north

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 05:55 pm

Quote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
then lets discuss their experience of the gods in Ancient History

Quote:
this what I thought we were going to discuss

but as usual people are very uncomfortable or afraid , of/with discussing our very Ancient past

its to bad really
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 08:48 pm
@north,
I'm not afraid about discussing most subjects, but as I have stated, it's not necessary to discuss ancient history to understand religion, and I have explained why. Not my problem that you failed to respond to my reasoning.
0 Replies

Solace015

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:04 pm
How about this? If I gave you a button and by pressing that button you would get 10 million dollars, would you press it?

Ok but what if I said that by pressing that button, someone somewhere across the world dies as a result of you pressing it? You still get your 10 million and there are no repercussions.

Ok, but now think that by pressing that button, you could have 10 million dollars, even though you have to kill one person somewhere around the world but that out of that 10 million, you could invest 1 million of that and save 1000 lives guaranteed, would you press it now?

Did you justify murder?

http://www.spreaker.com/user/solace015/e39a
JPLosman0711

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:20 pm
@Solace015,
I would press the button and not even think twice.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 May, 2012 09:29 pm
@Solace015,
That's an excellent example of moral choices; the subjectivity isn't clearcut from individual to individual, and it's the same whether one believes in a god or is non-religious.

Morals is in the eye of the beholder.
0 Replies