Holiday20310401

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 01:11 pm
@Sir Neuron,
Sir Neuron wrote:

Is there consciousness in all matter?

If a single atom had consciousness then how do you define it's awareness.:Not-Impressed:
Sir Neuron

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:05 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
If a single atom had consciousness then how do you define it's awareness.:Not-Impressed:

Consciousness can be defined, but propabily it is unable to be detected.

Consciousness may be present in an atom, being aware of the atom's activities and has no influence upon it.
Holiday20310401

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 10:14 pm
@Sir Neuron,
So.... not having consciousness is asymptotical? I dunno, this just seems like if the entity has potential then it has consciousness. It's silly to care for this depth in awareness.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:43 am
:DRUNK:
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 07:02 am
The best argument against consciousness is perhaps an argument against intention, on which intention emerges as a result of the actual dynamics of a system or what a system needs to do at any instant of its state of affairs...thus an argument in favour of an axis of functionality that responds to several layers of inputs either top down or down up according to a multi system emergent primary order goal that frames the whole sequence of dynamics...but on which never decision making imply s a free choice but rather a necessary outcome given the state of information it computes with its interfaces at a given space/time frame...

For instance a car would not just be a collection of parts but a collection of dynamics including some of its reacting interfaces like the road and the driver as the whole physic forces vectors and reactions in place from which specific needed decisions must emerge given the whole state of information in the system at one point...

...thus the recurring most needed distinction of awareness from free choice...on which awareness computes explanations for natural emergent choice making in the system instead of being its motor...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 07:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
...if for instance it sounds natural to reason that I avoided the car due to my awareness of its incoming trajectory that doesn't render my decision of self preservation any more free but rather an emergent feature of my actual state of affairs...meaning that at a given instant self preservation was computed as a needed primary goal while on some other instance it might not...nothing in my choosing either way was at any time free or at my discretion but such choice was always the necessary result of a logical outcome given the state of affairs of the whole functioning dynamic system from which the background, the car, the road, my body, and emergent awareness computed for a given end of avoiding, if and only preservation was primarily necessary at that point of my history...
north

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 05:55 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Is it possible that water , has at least some part to do with memory in the brain etc.

It seems that water has memory .

There have been many investigations into water having a memory . It seems that it does . go on to you tube .

Assuming water has memory and the fats in the brain are both , hydrophilic and hydrophobic .

One can imagine the hydrophilic membrane , transferring information from water into the cell .
roger

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 07:35 pm
@north,
Yes. In my experience, water always remembers that it is supposed to run downhill.
north

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2016 07:55 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Yes. In my experience, water always remembers that it is supposed to run downhill.

LOL .

water is much , much , much more than just fluid gravity flow .

view you tube videos , I watched a few of them .

Science shows that water has memory . It does so within the molecule . Within the molecule it has a shape , corresponding to the energy , frequency .

0 Replies