Husband or wife?

wombus

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 02:27 pm
I am fortunate enough to have been given a home on a lake after the death of my dad. im finding I can't keep up with everything and it is becoming more of a burden than a Godsend. Unmarried but could be I wonder what my other options are as far as someone to repair, upgrade, etc. Suggestions greatly appreciated Crying or Very sad Embarrassed Embarrassed Cool Cool Shocked Evil or Very Mad Smile Sad Surprised
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 912 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 02:44 pm
Hi, wombus. Welcome to A2K. I am not certain that this is still a viable option, but a tenant might be the answer. Exactly what do you mean by husband or wife?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 02:50 pm
wombus- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

I certainly would not marry someone just to get a handyman or housekeeper. You could hire someone to care for the house, if you have the means to do so.

Do you live there all the time, or do you have another place of residence? If it becoming too much of a burden, why don't you sell it?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 04:25 pm
You could lease the property. Many companies and families would love to have a summer place on the lake, but you would still retain ownership and in the leasing contract you could stipulate they pay for the maintenance.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 10:51 pm
You could lease it out as Ceili states, you wouldn't have to makes his meals or polish his boots ... just be there when he pays you the rent. Hold on to the property, because it will only increase in value!

Good luck!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 11:01 pm
Someone once told me to never sell property and that turned out to be a smart statement.

Tell us more, we are just guessing re your circumstances here....

(and welcome to A2K)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 01:47 am
Bookmark
0 Replies