• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,474 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 06:12 am
Re: Pan-Roasted Lamb Chops
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Thats 232 degrees C for those who use real temperatures.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 02:12 pm
Wilso, did you know Celsius had it backward? He originally wanted 0 to be boiling and 100 to be freezing...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 02:34 pm
Yes, I did know that. What we use is correctly called centigrade.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 02:50 pm
Maybe in Oz, but I was raised to call it Celsius... so I went and googled it and found:

Quote:
...When speaking of a Centigrade, did one mean the temperature scale or 1/100 of some degree measure? In order to remove this confusion, scientists agreed in 1948 that the temperature unit degree Centigrade would henceforth be called degree Celsius and the symbol would be °C.

But don't the lamb sound good? I've had single chops but never portions of a rack like that... next time I have a lot of money, I'll try it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 10:11 pm
recipe conversion tables
Recipe conversion tables:

http://bitsyskitchen.com/conversion.html
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 10:17 pm
Wy wrote:
Maybe in Oz, but I was raised to call it Celsius... so I went and googled it and found:

Quote:
...When speaking of a Centigrade, did one mean the temperature scale or 1/100 of some degree measure? In order to remove this confusion, scientists agreed in 1948 that the temperature unit degree Centigrade would henceforth be called degree Celsius and the symbol would be °C.

But don't the lamb sound good? I've had single chops but never portions of a rack like that... next time I have a lot of money, I'll try it.

I didn't think you learnt that in the US. I thought it was all imperial measures.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 02:36 am
No, imperial measures are Canadian... Us in US say Fahrenheit, and gallons contain eight pints rather than eight liters... altho our soft drinks do come in one and two liter bottles these days. I suppose we'll wise up sooner or later!

(Therefore, it's impossible to compare Canadian gas prices with US... not only is the dollar different, so is the gallon! Thank goodness I don't drive!)
0 Replies