xris

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 05:38 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
XIS

I am changing nothing read what my post says before commenting on it

I said, "it is my guess"

No one knows for sure if the universe is finite or infinite.

How could a finite universe ever begin to evolve if it is caught up n the infinite gravity of a singularity that stops time, how?
How does it stop time? your speculating , it might slow down time ? From nothing came this universe thats what we know at this moment.If your speculating i could say the creator who lives outside of time created time for us to live in .I cold speculate its all wrong and we are on the otherside of a black hole .We vibrated into this universe by god blowing his horn .Knowledge at the moment tells us time started with the BB.With that in mind the universe is finite in time and size.
0 Replies

paulhanke

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:16 pm
@Whoever,
... I'm not quite sure I understand ... if a system of categories is an inventory of all that "is", and what is prior to space and time does not fall within a category, doesn't that amount to saying that what is prior to space and time is not*? ... and if so, is that truly an assertion that what is prior is not, or is it just a negative comment on the logical viability of existing systems of categories? ... and what of dynamic categories (process metaphysics) which seem to be able to avoid certain problems that appear to be inherent to substance categories?

(* I hesitate to call it "nothing", as some might consider that a category!) ...
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 01:19 pm
@paulhanke,
paulhanke wrote:
... I'm not quite sure I understand ... if a system of categories is an inventory of all that "is", and what is prior to space and time does not fall within a category, doesn't that amount to saying that what is prior to space and time is not*? ... and if so, is that truly an assertion that what is prior is not, or is it just a negative comment on the logical viability of existing systems of categories? ... and what of dynamic categories (process metaphysics) which seem to be able to avoid certain problems that appear to be inherent to substance categories?

(* I hesitate to call it "nothing", as some might consider that a category!) ...
Its our old problem,comprehending nothing .Its where the gods live ,where our feeble minds crumble and disintegrate..Can we ever measure outside of our universe the great unknown..If we only had time..
paulhanke

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 02:31 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
..If we only had time..

... nice and on-topic ... the true "Nature of Time" is that we just don't have enough of it! Wink
xris

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 03:38 pm
@paulhanke,
paulhanke wrote:
... nice and on-topic ... the true "Nature of Time" is that we just don't have enough of it! Wink
Its getting less by the day ,the years are like hours . Oh dear.Smile
0 Replies