Women (Women Join us please)

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 10:57 am
Why is it that some men regardless of their social, economic, or any sort of apparant material deficency can get the vast majority of women? And some men regardless of the same set of material deficencys or assets can get no women regardless of effort? This is a dilema it seems that I fall into the second category and I am wondering How it is that I can move into the first. If there are any women here please Enlighten me and us men in general.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,944 • Replies: 56
No top replies

GoshisDead

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 11:03 am
@vajrasattva,
The simple answer from a male perspective is, Confidence.
0 Replies

RDanneskjld

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 11:20 am
@vajrasattva,
Gosh got it in one confidence is the most important thing when it comes to meeting women. Confidence and a good smile will get you a long way. Where do you normally go to meet women? I know this sounds odd but I've never been convinced with most of the advice about women that has been passed onto me by women as it seems to me be quite idealized rather than what actually gets results.
0 Replies

vajrasattva

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 11:27 am
@vajrasattva,
I go here and there but I am very confident in myself (as stated by the majority of my friends and aquantences) but still none the less I find myself without mostly due to the fact that I am poor. This might be the source of the apparant unconfidence within myself. I feel that due to lack of insight in society the only way the we as people feel that love can be expressed is through the aquistion of goods and services. It is unfortuneate because I am an artist and a philosophile which as we know is not high on the GDP list. But i remain confident that some of the women on the planet are not as ignorant of truth and love as the majority rule.
William

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 11:33 am
@vajrasattva,
Please if you don't mind, what do you mean by "........get women?", I don't understand? Are they like some product on the market that you need that you can own? Just curious, is all?

Thank You.
William
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 11:57 am
@vajrasattva,
I like men who are smart, gentle and whitty and tough, strong minded.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 01:33 pm
@Caroline,
William;90954 wrote:
Please if you don't mind, what do you mean by "........get women?", I don't understand? Are they like some product on the market that you need that you can own? Just curious, is all?

Thank You.
William

My guess is that the phrase has something to do with getting a date, having some companionship, and hopefully, to bed 'em.

At least that's what I mean when I use the phrase.

Hey, Caroline - you busy this Saturday? :flowers:
William

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 01:46 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;90998 wrote:
My guess is that the phrase has something to do with getting a date, having some companionship, and hopefully, to bed 'em.

At least that's what I mean when I use the phrase.

Hey, Caroline - you busy this Saturday? :flowers:

I know DT, it was his choice of words is all. I just thought he could have chosen better one's that would have been better; "....too get" just doesn't fit, IMO. No offense meant whatsoever, vaj.. Oh, and by the way as far as Caroline is concerned; if you could be so lucky! Ha!

William
0 Replies

vajrasattva

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 02:01 pm
@vajrasattva,
smart gentle and witty... i try
I guess i jsut have bad taste in women
But bed, companionship, relationship etc. all what I want
Love women to death and they arent objects but they confuse the **** out of me.
Se la Vie
Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 02:06 pm
@vajrasattva,
William;91002 wrote:
Oh, and by the way as far as Caroline is concerned; if you could be so lucky! Ha!

Too true, sir, too true.

vajrasattva;91003 wrote:

But bed, companionship, relationship etc. all what I want

At least you've got the order down.

vajrasattva;91003 wrote:
Love women to death and they arent objects but they confuse the **** out of me.
Se la Vie

And they mean to confuse you - it's all part of the plan.

But we try to confuse them, too, right? It's all part of those little games we play with each other. For example, when you first meet a woman, you can't act like she's the only one you're talking to, even if she is the only one around. You gotta ham it up a bit. They do the same.

And never forget the words of Robert Johnson:

"Every man like that game you call love,
but it don't mean no man no good"
0 Replies

salima

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 02:30 pm
@vajrasattva,
vajrasattva;90953 wrote:
I go here and there but I am very confident in myself (as stated by the majority of my friends and aquantences) but still none the less I find myself without mostly due to the fact that I am poor. This might be the source of the apparant unconfidence within myself. I feel that due to lack of insight in society the only way the we as people feel that love can be expressed is through the aquistion of goods and services. It is unfortuneate because I am an artist and a philosophile which as we know is not high on the GDP list. But i remain confident that some of the women on the planet are not as ignorant of truth and love as the majority rule.

there is a certain type of girl/woman who is attracted to artist/philosopher type guys, but of course they would be more rare. i am sure someone really special is out there waiting to meet you. my suggestion would be to try the internet rather than running around town looking. unless of course you are in a big hurry!

and i must admit that i always thought i knew what i wanted, but often we think we want, or know what we ought to want, and actually become attracted to someone entirely opposite. just as much a problem to us (me) as it is to you guys out there, i would say. and i think it would also apply to the men. maybye they think they want a girl with a great body and when they get one they find out what it is they wanted was someone to talk to-or the other way around.

isnt everybody poor these days?

if you want to match supply and demand, then men want physical attributes, and women want financial attributes-so poor men get the uglies, i guess. you probably wanted a particular kind of girl, right? Laughing

i mean i have to laugh because i remember the guys who would have danced with me when i was a kid in school-i ended up sitting it out. plenty of them there, but egads, not him!!! so maybe the girls are there but you just arent interested in the kind that are available?
Zetetic11235

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 02:59 pm
@salima,
I think you probably are hitting on some good points Salima. I know that there are girls out there I could start up a relationship with if I drop all of my filters, but then the problem is that I won't actually get what I was looking for. No one is just looking for 'a female' or 'a male' indiscriminately, otherwise this gal:http://www.imagevat.com/uploads/ugly_trailer_park_woman.jpg
would work out just fine. So we have a lower bound on the looks department, 'this far and no further'(not referring to the picture above). Similarly, what if you have a 'Barbie' girl that might score pretty well on looks but seems to be a few cards short of a full deck? You need to look at where you are and what you want to get out of a relationship. I'd prefer it if when I tell a joke my partner not look at me like a have two heads because they think I just put some random string of words together. I'd also like there to be some mutual interests. Maybe she could appreciate culture and enjoy learning. Both good things.

I think that to a large extent what we desire in a mate reflects us and our attributes heavily. If we are honest with ourselves, we will better know what we want, and once we have defined what we want we still don't necessarily know how to get it, but at least we have a direction to go in.

You say you want a girl who is artsy and intellectual (essentially). Ever go to art shows in Dallas? I don't know how old you are, but if you are at least college age there are all sorts of venues you could check out. Try going to art openings. Go to film and music festivals. That is where you will be most likely to find the type of person you are looking for.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 04:53 pm
@vajrasattva,
actually, i dont think vajra really specified what kind of women he was looking for, but by his description of himself i was thinking the more sophisticated and cerebral type would be attracted to him. and older women might be a good opportunity, if that is ok with him...

what do you think, V? my son has a thing going with a woman more than ten years older than him...the young ones are too tweety, you know? or were you thinking along the lines of a barbie doll? cause they definitely wants the money...
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 06:02 pm
@vajrasattva,
What about a woman who is educated free and intelligent and loves nature?

---------- Post added 09-17-2009 at 08:10 PM ----------

I also like tough, strong minded men too.
0 Replies

vajrasattva

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 10:07 am
@vajrasattva,
That is true the older women do tend to love the hell out of me. I dont know why but they do lately anyway. In high school I had a slew of interested women but now the young women seem nowhere to be found

I'm 5'11, 166lbs, blonde hair, blue green eyes with a quarter brown in my right eye, Medium build. Im 24 but i pass for 18 most of the time.

My IQ is 176, I love music (im a singer songwriter), phillosophy, psychology, poetry. And latey ive started a boxing club of sorts with some friends (its wicked fun). Amongst other things.

I have no serious preferences on women but I like smart, open minded, reasonably attractive young women [(5 or better for the guys here) i hate the scale but it works for discriptive pourposes]. I hate the 10 out of 10s they seem fake for the most part. I am shy I have panic disorder.

I hate playing games I love the truth. You were talking about haming it up i feel dishonest with myself when i do that i get annoyed. I would love a long term relationship with or with out sex (I was raised catholic and see the value in thoes morals) need affection though. The relationship thing is due to my love of people and their inner workings.

i dont know what the deal is I seem valualble to myself. ive chalked it up to a GOD thing.
salima

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 10:38 am
@vajrasattva,
vajrasattva;91283 wrote:
That is true the older women do tend to love the hell out of me. I dont know why but they do lately anyway. In high school I had a slew of interested women but now the young women seem nowhere to be found

I'm 5'11, 166lbs, blonde hair, blue green eyes with a quarter brown in my right eye, Medium build. Im 24 but i pass for 18 most of the time.

My IQ is 176, I love music (im a singer songwriter), phillosophy, psychology, poetry. And latey ive started a boxing club of sorts with some friends (its wicked fun). Amongst other things.

I have no serious preferences on women but I like smart, open minded, reasonably attractive young women [(5 or better for the guys here) i hate the scale but it works for discriptive pourposes]. I hate the 10 out of 10s they seem fake for the most part. I am shy I have panic disorder.

I hate playing games I love the truth. You were talking about haming it up i feel dishonest with myself when i do that i get annoyed. I would love a long term relationship with or with out sex (I was raised catholic and see the value in thoes morals) need affection though. The relationship thing is due to my love of people and their inner workings.

i dont know what the deal is I seem valualble to myself. ive chalked it up to a GOD thing.

that is always my explanation, allah hates me. i think one of the problems is in value-ing truth-that is the rarity. i cannot stand head-games. this is also my son's problem i think-he was born with this 'truth' gene. i mean he learned to overcome it and play the game when it is forced on him but he hates it and no relationship will survive with him because when he is lied to in any way, it is over.

wah! deja vu, the yogi thread and the tool song...
0 Replies

vajrasattva

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 10:58 am
@vajrasattva,
i dont mind being lied to all that much. I mean... humans will be humans... i just hate lieing it makes me feel worthless. I feel like if i tell the truth people will know me for who i realy am and will be able to make a decision as to weather or not my presence will be beneficial to them. I have plenty of friends but the women i think feel like i am more of a sounding board then a worthy mate. I'm tend to be the friend. Older women do love me calling me touching me complementing me etc. I just noticed that when you said it. I think its time for a change of taste
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 11:55 am
@vajrasattva,
Are you really free V? though I mean really and what will she do once you get older, huh?
Thanks.

---------- Post added 09-18-2009 at 01:00 PM ----------

Go for a younger woman? Change your tastes and how do you propose how to get a younger woman, truly? Entice her with money? Brute force?
0 Replies

vajrasattva

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 01:01 pm
@vajrasattva,
if i knew how to properly entice younger women then I wouldnt have made this thread.

I am free, and when i mean change tastes its older women i intend to go for. Considering they dont tuck tail and run at the change in affections.

Right now the impression that i get is that their is entirely to much game playing and superficiality amongst the women (and men for that matter) in the dating scene. It seems that a lasting realitionship is built upon lies, ego, and personal gain. This is depressing. What happend to love and relationship basied upon truth, hamony, and good sense. I feel sorry for women my age because the common consensus is that the mentality needed to be in a relationship now has been laid down by our forfather Dr. Dre "Btches aint shi* but hoes and tricks" Somthing about falaico "Get the F*!# out after your done" etc. This is an atrocity in my eyes and an insult to the very existence of love. I pity the children of this age because their parents do not value eachother.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2009 01:05 pm
@vajrasattva,
There is no way to properly entice a younger woman other than with love, it's called ethics/it's ethical.
Thanks.

Im sure not everyone, (including men), likes the attitude and language portrayed in a lot of Rap music these days, it's set us women back and is frustrating for us who are trying to liberalise women as equals and partners, forming bonds of trust and mutual respect so we can live in harmony together, man woman, what ever floats your boat.
0 Replies