The law of attraction eso & exoterics

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 11:20 am
How does the law of attraction work? How is it practiced?

Like attracts like. Birds of a feather flock together. So become like what you want. Easily said not so easily done. I don't want theory's I want experience with this. Time for the fall of sophistry. I've had and done enough. Here is my understanding of and the practices that I have found effective in the use of the law of attraction.

The way that I understand it, the law of attraction runs parralel with the theory's of monism. If you consider the fact that human consciousness can be lucidly recreated perfectly within the annals of human mind. What is it that separates the dream from the real apart from universal ojective consciousness?

I feel that regardless of the actual state of the body & mind, apart from theory, that the power of the mind, which is observable universaly, can not be lightly put aside. This leads me to believe, that whether or not Hegel, Descartes, or Hobbes what actually right, the power of the mind in itself is overwhelming to say the least.

So with that said, one must begin to wonder how it is that we, as humans, can use this faculty of the human being to our advantage as opposed to our detriment. Much has been said of the uses of the mantra and the meditative visualization. But what other eso & esoteric practices can one use to further ones advantage over the subjective.

Personally I have done much study and experimental practice and I have found these practices to be particularly effective.

1. Prior to the act of visualization to attempt to remove ones decerning mind from the emotional and instinctual aspect of the being
  2. To ground oneself to the present as frimly as one can
    • * I find that eastern methods of meditative concentration are most effective for this

3. Once in visualization to interact with the visualization as much as can be applying emotional content too the visualization itself.
    • *Someone once said do something in the story apart from the story

• *It is key here to use the negative emotions, if present, to ones advantage. If one can recreate reality one can change negative emotion. My personal take on this is that one must view the negative emotions as positive. This futrher removes the mind from the grip of the negative being and and changes ones thoughts on negativity thereby nutralizing and chaniging negative emotion.
    • * Emotions come from the unconsciouses role in the conscious and are a huge part of the minds fucntion if we use the power of the negative to influence the positive then we are more able to control our selves.

4. In mantra practice use positives and convince yourself of the reality of your statement
  5. Work with the univesal subjective mind more often then not
    • *if you ask and work for things others want you have much more mind power then if you go against the grain. And seeing this work allows one to believe it more easily then if one dosen't see it work ever. So then more unique or unorthodoxed requests come true over time with faith.

6. Write your wishes and mantras often and write thanks and requests for faith
  7. Dont think!!!!!!!!!!!
    • * as soon as you do positive or negative you distract the unconscious, 96% of the mind, from doing what you asked it to. And often we contradict it and give it B.S.

8. and do not tell anyone about what it is you are trying to get or do doubt in the universal mind is a very powerful negative thing
    • * all the mind of life is alot more mind then we as individuals have

Peace, Happiness, and Blessings to all.

Thanks
Alex
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 852 • Replies: 8
No top replies

nameless

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 12:31 pm
@vajrasattva,
vajrasattva;65114 wrote:
How does the law of attraction work?

It doesn't.
Placebo effect for the ego, at best.
0 Replies

vajrasattva

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:00 pm
@vajrasattva,
You feel that the mind has no influence over the outcomes of situations.

If so then why is it that humans, weakest, slowest, clumsiest and least stealthy of all beings are the top of the worlds food chain with no natural preditors? And why are you at the philosophy forum, at the philosophy of mind section I might add, if you don't value the mind?

You seem to be a philosophical heckler nameless, and synic. Correct me if I'm wrong.
However if I'm right I would apprecieate it if you would develop a more optimistic heckeling approach. It would mean better chi for you and everone else here.
Krumple

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 03:58 pm
@vajrasattva,
I think it is similar to humor vajra,

You can't really deduce what humor is or how to always know when or how to make something funny. Certain things work, and timing is important. There are times when it always works and moments when it would seem to work but fails horribly. So this sort of shakable uncertainty is almost ruined when you try to define it or mold it. If it is repeated to often it can become stale or even become repulsive. I can't really put it any other way...
0 Replies

vajrasattva

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 05:31 pm
@vajrasattva,
I agree that it can be over used. But only in the fact that one might use it untill one is in the negative side of their emotional side than in the positive.

In my first hand experience it works prety consistantly when properly applied. It is only when I find myself more wraped up in negativity like doubt, fear etc. that it does not.

However not everything works exactly as I planned it. It is not magic, it is science.

Hence the Law of Attraction.
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 03:54 am
@vajrasattva,
vajrasattva;65261 wrote:
You feel that the mind has no influence over the outcomes of situations.

Is this a question or a statement?
If a question, then I would respond in the affirmative. Yes, I do so 'feel'.
I do understand the Perspectives that 'disagree' with 'this' one as also 'valid' (in context and also ultimately).

Quote:
If so then why is it that humans, weakest, slowest, clumsiest and least stealthy of all beings are the top of the worlds food chain with no natural preditors?

I'll play the 'why game' for a moment. Let's eliminate the 'human' from the equation for a moment. For arguments sake, lets assume that the lion is now top gun in the schoolyard. Obviously 'because' he thinks his way there? Because he makes plans an attempts to carry them out? If successful he takes credit, and if not casts blame and makes excuses, and revises his plans?
Now, lets eliminate the lion, and the next and the next and so on and so forth, now the bacteria and viri are the top of the chain. Does your theory still hold?
I find the question faulty in a number of ways, but that is one.
The 'assumption' of 'causality' is another.

Quote:
And why are you at the philosophy forum, at the philosophy of mind section I might add, if you don't value the mind?

Really? Is there some requirement here that I, and everyone else that might post here, "value (whatever that might mean to you; I'm sure that it will mean different things to different people, but, shall I accept you as arbiter?) the mind"? If the discussion is about 'mind' then as far as I can see, to stay on topic is the only 'loose' requirement. Perhaps only people who agree with you are welcome on 'your' threads?
I offer food for thought. Not everyone finds them 'palatable'...

Quote:
You seem to be a philosophical heckler nameless, and synic.

Hahahahaha!
Thank you!
Are your thoughts and notions so seldomly challenged?
Are you so unused to critical examination of what you present?
Do you expect us to accept what you say simply because it is (drumroll) 'you' who are presenting it?
Especially on a PHILOSOPHY site?
Philosophy is primarily the critically thoughtful examination of assumptions, taking nothing on anyone's say-so.
So, brother, if you cannot handle the heat of the critical scrutiny of your words, what are you doing on a philosophy site?
Just come to 'teach' us all?
"Those who dare teach must never cease to learn!"

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong.
However if I'm right I would apprecieate it if you would develop a more optimistic heckeling approach. It would mean better chi for you and everone else here.

Oh my gawd! One of 'them'...
"Niceness is next to dogliness..."
Perhaps we'll achieve mediocricy someday...
Are you so unused to straight respectful honesty? Are you so used to the disrespect of 'nice lies'? "No dear, that dress doesn't make you look like a kielbasa!"
And now you speak for "everyone else here", to bolster your own flaccid ego!
I hope that contact with my words hasn't bruised you too much.
I'll leave you to lick your wounds.
Perhaps it would be wise to ignore me if my words disturb you so? Put me on your ignore list. Then you don't even have to read em!
But I shall respond to what and where I do.
Unsubscribing from thread.... Now!
(Please don't stalk me.)
nameless out
vajrasattva

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 02:06 pm
@nameless,
First of all, the Idea here for me was to further my own understanding and ability to use the law of attraction as a system. Not to get into an agrument.

Second, I am confused as to why the statement, "It doesn't.
Placebo effect for the ego, at best"
(and I quote) is a critical examination of my presentation.

Foruth, I am confused as to why you think that the lions intelectual prowess is what would lead it to dominon over the earth. As opposed to its strength or other other more evolved and domination quality.

Fitfth, The mission statement at this web site states that:

"The goal of the Philosophy forum is to build a supportive community of users around the world that will strengthen and enrich its members guests through open communication debate and disscussion on the topics of philosophy and other general disscussion."

I gather from the MISSION STATEMENT that this is a supportive community designed to enrich its members.

(pessimisim - an inclination to emphasize the adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities, to expect the worst out come) -websters

Your pessimism may be enriching it may not even be pessimism. But you have not stated your views at all. By that I mean that you have not communicated, debated, or disscussed your views on this particular therad. And so have not enriched the community. I am open to you thoughts pro or con but state them so I Can be taught by YOU:a-ok:. I'm sorry if i attacked you that goes against the rules. Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

P.S. gRammar wasn,t my ebst usbjec't,
0 Replies

Kielicious

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 02:14 pm
@vajrasattva,
vajrasattva;65261 wrote:
You seem to be a philosophical heckler nameless, and synic. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Its ok vajrasattva, nameless' approach to philosophical dialogue is equivalent to an arrogant heckler. (You hit the nail on the head) And yet, when his own viewpoints are questioned he turns and runs, hypocritical would be an understatement. His social skills dont seem to be up-to-par with the rest of us, but dont fret, there are more intellectually mature people on here for quality discussion.
0 Replies

vajrasattva

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 10:12 am
@vajrasattva,
i hope regarless of his views he comes to enlarge upon them for us so we can see what they are.
0 Replies