thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,238 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2003 07:00 pm
I knew a guy who devcoupaged a Karman Ghia with Calvin and Hobbes comics. it was kinda neat and you could always read the comics while you were standing there. He used a decoupage glue which was something like Elmers, as i recall.

If you have something neat to decoupage like a Buick, or a house, I think that would be a noble calling, otherwise , forgewt it. Most decoupage isnt really creative, it just looks like somebody glued newspapers all over everything.

my wife once made a decoupage series of trays with those kleeban Cats and footprints all over. They were kind of interesting because the kleeban Cats are really kind of pathetic looking, so it was humorous. outside of that, thats about all i know about the subject.
Oh yeh, you have to coat everything with a varnish so the decoupage doesnt wash off.

pS, ive always meant to ask, is your avatar a futomaki roll or a watermelon tourmaline/
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 02:49 pm
art
There you are, Farmerman, splashing reality on everything. BTW, thanks for getting rid of that obnoxious Tiger skull.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 02:57 pm
where you been jL, I was about to put an APB out on the calls and codes.

i let the cat go , it was scaring the children. Like cavfanciers clown suit
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 07:53 pm
watermelon tourmaline...I like that much better than pizza

its my body art colorized

thanks for the whats up on the decoupage..yeah, sometimes it just looks wierd...I would think a buick would be interesting..had a guy with an old station wagon in the town I grew up in that covered the whole thing in stickers from different places..I guess thats a turn on decoupage but..interesting someone would want to drive around like that.
0 Replies