"GOD's Unfailing Love"

soullight

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 11:20 am
@Israelite007,
The bible is a collection of writings written thousands of years ago by people just like me and you. They are merely descriptions of encountered personal experience. It is truth in a sense for those who follow its principles, but is by no means ultimate truth. Ultimate truth is beyond human comprehension, and in no way can it be compressed into a book. We can experience a certain amount truth through learning the laws of human nature, and how they correlate to something else.

If you perceive the Bible to be ultimate truth, relying on second hand experience, rather, then seeking, and defining truth through your own faculties; it will only cause emotional confusion. In addition, you are depending on someone's ability to accurately convey their feelings and perceptions of God.

I can't imagine a God who is resigned to the same emotional strings as a human being. A God who gets angry and jealous just because we wish to explore our humanity, and when we step out of his protective Love, a Satan is waiting to spit roast us on his fork, condemned and doomed to eternal hellfire. What we choose now dictates whether we experience heaven or hell.These two words are only relative to human experience. If we are happy and imbued with joy heaven resides, if we are depressed and gloomily sad hell resides. They are simply words created to define two different states, but have been misused over the centuries to instil fear of banishment from God.
boagie

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 12:08 pm
@Dustin phil,
"GOD's Unfailing Love" Duh!---------after much thought--DUH!:p

Ain't philosophy great!!!! :p:rolleyes:SurprisedSad
0 Replies

Solace

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 07:59 pm
@soullight,
Quote:

Ultimate truth is beyond human comprehension,

On what do you base such an assertion?
Aedes

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 08:01 pm
@Solace,
Solace wrote:
On what do you base such an assertion?
The human mind has a finite capacity. To know ultimate truth would require infinite knowledge, especially since technically everything in the universe interacts.
Solace

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 05:12 am
@Aedes,
I guess a better question I could have asked was, what do we mean by ultimate truth? Does it mean the truth of everything? Does it mean an indisputable truth? Does it mean a final revelation, of sorts?

But I suppose this is all way off base from the thread topic.
Aedes

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 06:05 am
@Solace,
The word 'ultimate' is a superlative that means 'final', and this is true of the etymology of the word and its cognates in other languages. To know the 'final truth' as I conceive it excludes the possibility of not having infinite knowledge.
0 Replies

soullight

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:05 pm
@Solace,
There are many who believe that their religious books contain the ultimate truth, and anything else that does not fall within the parameters of what they believe is concidered to be invalid.
Ultimate truth to me, would mean having a definitive complete understanding of all the natural physical laws that govern this universe, and beyond. In addition, also, in how these creational laws interconnect with other laws of creation to make something else possible to exist. I dont believe their is a final truth, except only in the sense of individual choice of perception; In what we choose to ascribe as being truth. I personally percieve truth as only being expediant to anthropogenic existence, I inderstand it to be merely a concept, which allows us to define the accuracy of feeling and thought, concerning how we connect to physical reality and so enabling us to prepare for the next stage in our metal, emotional, and physical development in what so ever we choose to experience.
Dustin phil

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 12:59 pm
@soullight,
soullight wrote:
There are many who believe that their religious books contain the ultimate truth, and anything else that does not fall within the parameters of what they believe is concidered to be invalid.

There is no truth in books where there is no life. Truth only comes from and to life which is known in ourselves.
0 Replies