Decoupage and photos

quinn1

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:15 pm
Actually mixing in the water was to give a texture to the paper....I really should photograph that to help explain it. With the high water content crumbling up the paper, then soaking it in the poly basically broke the edges and made creases and wrinkles...I got lazy in one area and didnt crumble before soaking...it shows that area is more of a smooth look...ah well, only I can see it really.
And that was the whole idea, so thats why I went the more expensive water based poly. I suppose now, thinking of that using a regular poly and straight kraft paper it could look like a nice smooth suede..as lond as you didnt crease or wrinkle it in the process.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:46 pm
Sounds cool and I (along with several others, it seems) would love to see it. I have sort an image in my head, being somewhat addicted to decorator TV shows. Here's one by Lynette Jennings:Brown Bag Wall (Gilded).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 09:54 pm
Oh man. I used to be addicted to Lynette Jennings. I used to know every time she was on the t.v. schedule.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2003 10:39 pm
Lynette Jennings started selling some kind of mattress line on info-commercials this summer. I was disappointed in her choice, but she must need the money. I like Christopher Lowell... seven layers of design makes sense to me.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 12:26 pm
Piffka...thats an interesting technique also..thanks for sharing..yep, there was atime I watched Lynette and Christopher as well...great ideas all of them.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 02:47 pm
A little late, but I read that it should be a color lasar copy - other kinds of copies might run.

I wanted to decoupage a thing or two, but I've never done it so I was afraid I'd screw it up and never bothered.

Maybe we could have a craft night or something. I guess I'm just suggesting that I'll come over and make a hell of a mess at your apartment instead of my house. Or maybe we could do it at my house - I've got all kinds of glues and varnishes and sanding stuff. Because right now I'm thinking "cheap Christmas presents".
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 02:53 pm
Really...coming over to mess the place up eh?

You're always welcome..mess or no mess..could be scary when you get there so, doesnt matter to me Smile

humm...havent done it yet??? YOU MUST TRY!

OH...you have varnishes??? hummm theres a thought--a trade perhaps? Some crafting lessons perhaps?

The Cheap Christmas presents I could show you dahling..you just dont know.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 02:54 pm
You wouldnt happen to have a color laser copier would ya? Wink
Since Kinko's moved out o the big city Im just a at loss here.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:27 pm
I could hook that one up to my computer (haven't fixed the "family computer" yet). Got a scanner too so I could do them all right there.

I have a DuraBright printer - supposed to be waterproof ink. Had it 4 months and it busted! Got to get that fixed. Either printer would work I think.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:55 pm
I think you have enough problems there gal....I can figure somethign out..but, hey...thanks for the offer Smile
Get that stuff fixed..would ya?
Wink
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 07:56 pm
Sooo..I tested the photo theory to some degree. I tried printing on my HP onto both photo paper and regular copy/printer paper. The photo paper one worked fabulous, took up a whole heck of alot of "modpodge" in the process. The regular paper..yep..bled ink all over the place.

Ive decided to not decoupage the tops.

Ah well...it was a good thought and something to consider for other projects in the future perhaps.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and advice!
0 Replies