Bits Of Wisdom Which Deserve Quotation

boagie

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 09:25 am
Hi Everyone!Very Happy

This is an idea that came to me as a result of the population at large believeing apparently, that you could not possiably have anything to say which could warrant a quotation unless you are already famous for some other accomplishment. So, if any of you out there have a real beauty, an unusual perspective which does warrant some public exposure, a little twist of wisdom, then, your time has arrived. Try to keep these bits of wisdom bits, right the novel later. Give us those bits of wisdom that we might quote you later. Funny ones are most acceptable and might serve to lighten the place up.

PS: Do not quote famous people and their quotations, but, if you have a way of stateing that same point in a different way------we are in business.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,383 • Replies: 57
No top replies

No0ne

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:23 pm
@boagie,
I have Thousand's of parable's and concept's that are absolute in presatation.

Look down -.-'
boagie

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 03:17 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
I have Thousand's of parable's and concept's that are absolute in presatation.

Look down -.-'

NoOne,

I must be missing something--------I do not get it.
boagie

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 08:23 pm
@boagie,
To travel, is to change ones mind. boagie
0 Replies

No0ne

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 12:40 am
@boagie,
(it) is what you say it is.. Hence it could be a car, yet it is only a car if you say (its) a car, therefore you make it a car, in more ways than one.

Its one of the thing's that applies to all thing's of thought through the mean's of communication.

So... For (the car) is what it is, for that is what i say it is, therefore making (the car )what it is, and thats what i say it is, and therefore I made (the car) what it is.

So my hand is only a hand because I say it is a hand, or that of another say's it is a hand, therefore it is a hand... You can call things what ever you want, but they are only what you say they are, and in doing so you have made them what they are to you, or another... throught the mean's of thought and communication.

Sig
0 Replies

No0ne

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 12:43 am
@boagie,
The reason why the car is what it is, is stated within the text.

Its mainly a tool to better understand people's perception of object's and see them how they see them, as if you were them, yet first one must understand the basic concept of what make's thing's what they are, and why they are what they are...

Yet this is not usable without my other's. Hence an Absolute concept, by its self only applie's to one field, and this one applie's to the field of thought and communication of perception of object's, which applies to all things within that..

But if you say you do not understand somthing..please say in detail what you dont understand, please do not give me a vauge answer -.-'
boagie

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 01:45 am
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
The reason why the car is what it is, is stated within the text.

Its mainly a tool to better understand people's perception of object's and see them how they see them, as if you were them, yet first one must understand the basic concept of what make's thing's what they are, and why they are what they are...

Yet this is not usable without my other's. Hence an Absolute concept, by its self only applie's to one field, and this one applie's to the field of thought and communication of perception of object's, which applies to all things within that..

But if you say you do not understand somthing..please say in detail what you dont understand, please do not give me a vauge answer -.-'

NoOne,

Ok, you are basically saying that we create our own reality--which I do not really have difficulty with.The fact that others see the same or a similar reality is due to having similar sensory equipment and powers of understanding-------that is my take on it at any rate.

Sorry for the displeasing response, must be something with this computer all I saw of your postings was one-----look down?
0 Replies

No0ne

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 11:09 am
@boagie,
Yes look down, at my signature thats what I meant, sorry for not just saying it like that
Doobah47

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 07:52 am
@No0ne,
Philosophy is ineffable.

Nothing is absolute.

Wisdom does not come through books.
boagie

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 08:08 am
@Doobah47,
Doobah47 wrote:
Philosophy is ineffable.

Nothing is absolute.

Doobah,Smile

True about philosophy, philosophies content makes it ineffable.

Nothing is absolute. Agreed!

More and more I think wisdom comes from a knowledge of people, and how one is to use knowledge in relation to them.

Thanks for your input Doobah, but it does not look like this idea is going to fly, perhaps that is why I have never seen such an approach before.
Khethil

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 06:59 am
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
This is an idea that came to me as a result of the population at large believeing apparently, that you could not possiably have anything to say which could warrant a quotation unless you are already famous for some other accomplishment...

Ugh, oh, cringe, fidget... I intensely dislike views like this (that no one could possibly have anything to say of worth to others). Although I could buy the possibility that I might not have any original thought (that others haven't expressed), but that those couldn't have any "worth" bothers me. But I guess that's a topic for another thread. Anyway...

This feels really egotistical, but I pulled these from a collections of what I've discovered to be "Truisms" that I believe I've learned:

- Luck doesn't care what kind of Luck you've just had

- Procreation is the closest thing you'll ever experience to Real Divinity

- Love doesn't Make the World go Around, Money does. Love only makes the world a place worth being in

- The ability to become and remain inspired; truly inspired about anything, is the key to being happy

- Everyone uses everyone else. We are a species of perceived necessity
boagie

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 07:18 am
@Khethil,
Khethil,Smile

:)Excellent Khethil, that gives us all a few things to consider. I wouldn't worry about the egotistical thing. There is something wrong I think when average folks are so inhibited by authority and/or famous people that they feel they cannot express their own creative energies. Wisdom comes sometimes from the most unexpected places.

"Procreation is the closest thing you'll ever experience to Real Divinity"

SmileI was particularly struck by this statement, I had one almost identical which stated that love of another, whether marriage or another form of relationship, being one of the best opportunities for a spiritual experience---where the two become one so to speak. I think lovers can make this a reality but, it takes focus and determination but, that brass ring is there for those who would grasp it.
Quatl

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:02 am
@boagie,
Wisdom is in the eye of the beholder

We are not as smart as we think we are

Intelligence is much more something one does than something one is

Listen for what the speaker means rather than merely to what they have said

Plausibility is an intellectual trap

Violence is the root of all evil

Always embrace the full extent of your own guilt. But no more.

It is better to be publicly wrong than to be right in silence

Error is the foundation of truth

Embracing the manner in which others define you is hazardous

Don't wait until you know before you try.

Strive to minimize your own evil.

The universe is cannibalistic.

Salmon have a hard life, but the clearest water is far upstream. Should you choose to follow the salmon beware of the bears.

You have no right to the respect of others.

The more plausible it sounds the less likely the idea will be thoroughly examined.

Truth is not contagious, but falsehood usually is.

Quotation is the act of substituting beauty for understanding.
Khethil

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:19 am
@Quatl,
Quatl wrote:
It is better to be publicly wrong than to be right in silence

This one struck me interestingly. It has the same elements of another I've always liked, though from the opposite direction (and apologies in advance if someone knows the proper wording of this and I dork it up as I'm wont to do): Old Chinese Proverb - It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones' mouth and remove all doubt
boagie

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:52 am
@Khethil,
Quat,Smile

"The more plausible it sounds the less likely the idea will be thoroughly examined."

:)That which is not lost, can be most difficult to find. boagie
raven phil

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 02:16 pm
@boagie,
wisdom is within and cannot be taught.
intelligence can be learned , but it is rare to find wisdom and intelligence present in one person.
some falsely believe if they are intelligent they must also possess wisdom
i know many intelligent people none of them have wisdom
so how do each of you define your selves with regarding your own meaning for wisdom vs intelligence ?
much peace:)
0 Replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 02:27 pm
@boagie,
Time is the only actual of reality.
raven phil

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 02:51 pm
@boagie,
definition of a psycologist went to college read the books .............missed the point
raven phil

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 02:53 pm
@raven phil,
what we focus on grows
much peace

( oops have i messed up here i thought this thread was adding your own pearls of wisdom not quote the famous , forgive me i am very new to this )
0 Replies

raven phil

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 04:10 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
Quat,Smile

"The more plausible it sounds the less likely the idea will be thoroughly examined."

:)That which is not lost, can be most difficult to find. boagie

put more simply dont look for that which is not lost ,
saves on headaches tablets
0 Replies