electrons firing from my head
searching for a place to rest,
discovering that each surface is a sponge
soaking up my wisdom
and failing to give any back.

if I lived alone for eons of time
with no stimulus, ideas, or impute,
how logical will my thinking become?
will there be defining limits on my thoughts?

or will my thoughts have the freedom
to explore within my own set of logic?
but can there be logic without defining rules?
if logic is used to find truth,
how can I find truth with no defined logic?

if there can't be logic without rules,
truth may not really exist.
truth, then,
will be defined only by my thoughts.
what I accept as truth will be my truth
and the world will function within it.

perhaps if I didn't create any truths
then reality would be unlimited -
with no truths
no reality
no existence.
do I need truths to create reality?

or, if by creating truths,
am I creating reality and therefore
creating the universe and all creation?
am I, then,
a god?
hirukai

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 08:20 pm
@Pythagorean,
rules are already written, defined.

find them...

Carpe Diem et Memento Mori
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 09:05 pm
@Majic,
Who cares??? Does God believe in me??? I care...
0 Replies

Pathfinder

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 10:14 pm
@Pythagorean,
Magic,

Logic is not really defined IMO. It is understood and recognized.

I think that it can only be recognized and understood by those who have been enlightened by an evolution of their life force that has gained an enhanced knowledge and intellect.

Therefore in a way your poetic thoughts are somewhat correct. We are creating our own existence by becoming what we make of ourselves.
Majic

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 10:31 pm
@Pathfinder,
Thanks for your reinforcing my observations, Pathfinder. I feel we have, collectively created this world we live in. And, hirukai, I feel we, collectively, have made our own rules, and we didn't do a very good job of it. And I think it is possible for us, collectively, to define new rules and create a more peaceful life for us all. We are responsible, not some outside, invisible, force.
Majic
Pathfinder

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 10:38 pm
@Majic,
Majic wrote:
Thanks for your reinforcing my observations, Pathfinder. I feel we have, collectively created this world we live in. And, hirukai, I feel we, collectively, have made our own rules, and we didn't do a very good job of it. And I think it is possible for us, collectively, to define new rules and create a more peaceful life for us all. We are responsible, not some outside, invisible, force.
Majic

Of course,

we are what we allow ourselves to become. And existence becomes what we cause it to become with us in it as we are.
0 Replies

hirukai

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:08 pm
@Pythagorean,
what do you think about this rules?
do not hurt anyone, keep in mind that nobody is guilty, and let God be free.
do you want to explore each of them, they are sane, them free of any contradiction.
Reasoning needs no contradiction.
nobody can deny God, that's mind.
Mind is what coordinates reasoning, and reason has the task to organize thoughts into coherent ideas.
what do you think is the purpose of that thing conceptualized as mind? nothing? or simply as what makes one to think.
how could you reasoning without an order? if there is consciousness, there is order, consciousness doesn't
rise if it do not have a north point.
That is consciusness evolution. However, think what you want to think, it is your ego, is your free will.
I cannot go beyond from what is letting me.

virus is espreading again.

0 Replies

manored

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 10:23 am
@hirukai,
hirukai wrote:

Time isn't relative, perception of time is the relative thing, that's the reason why only perception is relative, you could perceive time slow or faster, but time is always the same, that fact is confirmed because after death there is no time, perception of motion has stopped.
I agree, then I said time was perceived I actually meant is speed may vary according to the point of view, but I now see that I expressed myself utterly bad on the matter.

That is an very interesting view Magic, and I agree that thoughs can modify reality. Im not sure if we can be blamed for what the world was like then we entered it, but we probally can for what it is now.
0 Replies

Allen phil

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 06:17 pm
@Pythagorean,
I have more evidence for Santa Claus.
Majic

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 11:49 pm
@Allen phil,
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Hirukai, what do you think of the above rules, as supposedly handed down by God? In my opinion these rules are one of the biggest causes of the destruction of our environment. We are to be 'fruitful and multiply' - one of the biggest causes of our degrading world is that it's over populated. Next we are told to subdue it, or control it. That is another egotistic rule that has contributed to environmental destruction. Then we are told to have control over every creature on Earth. Does this give us the right to kill and used nature as we wish? IMO all life is equal, and has a right to experience. Our control of things have caused extinction etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that we (People) have invented rules to live by, and we can reinvent the rules for a saner world. I'm sure we can do better than the destructive rules from the Bible.
Majic
Theaetetus

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 12:47 am
@Pythagorean,
I don't believe in God, but I don't deny that there could be a God. I have more important concerns to think about like urban environmental change, social justice, biological anthropology, being the best person I can be, and writing my satirical horoscopes. When I die, if I am force to face God and he asked why I never fully believe I will tell him/her that I tried to be the best person I could be, and if they really wanted me to believe in them, they would have left better evidence.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 09:33 am
@Pythagorean,
A lot of people read the above, as many do, as encouraging irresponsibility... However, if you read the story of Noah, the last man to walk with God; there God demands an accounting for every death... Speaking from memory, as I have not read Genesis for many years...
0 Replies

hirukai

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 05:48 pm
@Pythagorean,
0 Replies

Majic

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:42 pm
@Pythagorean,
hirukai, you must be a highly evolved philosopher, because I can't understand anything you are saying. Because you're talking way above my head, I'm leaving this discussion to those who are wiser than I.
Majic
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 06:49 pm
@Majic,
Majic wrote:
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Hirukai, what do you think of the above rules, as supposedly handed down by God? In my opinion these rules are one of the biggest causes of the destruction of our environment. We are to be 'fruitful and multiply' - one of the biggest causes of our degrading world is that it's over populated. Next we are told to subdue it, or control it. That is another egotistic rule that has contributed to environmental destruction. Then we are told to have control over every creature on Earth. Does this give us the right to kill and used nature as we wish? IMO all life is equal, and has a right to experience. Our control of things have caused extinction etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that we (People) have invented rules to live by, and we can reinvent the rules for a saner world. I'm sure we can do better than the destructive rules from the Bible.
Majic
As far as I know to have dominion is not to destroy, but to possess control upon. There more control we have upon the planet, greater our ability to work towards whatever ideal view of it we may have at the moment, so I dont see how that instruction is destructive.

If you filter out all the arrogance, hirukai's last post was quite wise and i agree with it. Except for the part of god's existence being indiscutible.
Majic

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 07:12 pm
@manored,
Manored wrote, "As far as I know to have dominion is not to destroy, but to possess control upon. There more control we have upon the planet, greater our ability to work towards whatever ideal view of it we may have at the moment, so I dont see how that instruction is destructive."

Throughout history man has been trying to control everything; countries, people, women, animals and almost every other thing. In doing so he has destroyed many things. Controlling countries results in wars, controlling people results in slaves (and wars), controlling women creates sexual abuse, controlling animals results in extinctions.
We have to learn to work together, to cooperate, not control, to create a peaceful world.
Majic
0 Replies

manored

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 07:27 pm
@Pythagorean,
Destruction and extinctions are natural, and I dont see reasons to not destroy and extinct other than that things are beautifull and animals are cool.

The instruction doesnt mentions men having dominion upon other men. Well, men are part of "ever living thing that moves upon earth", but I dont think that statement included men.
Majic

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 07:46 pm
@manored,
manored wrote, "Destruction and extinctions are natural, and I dont see reasons to not destroy and extinct other than that things are beautifull and animals are cool."

I slant more towards environmental philosophy instead of concurring for greed. Here is an observation:
Darwin's theory of evolution is based on survival of the fittest. That means there are winners and losers. Lipton's book, 'The Biology of Belief, Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, and Miracles', and the new science of Epigenetics, has discovered evolution is a result of cooperation among the species, not competition. When we, as a society, reject the idea of rivalry and begin working with each other then we will experience a new world. While we are all responsible for our personal direction in life, we are also responsible to each other. We are in this together. The world will only advance when we begin to cooperate and look out for each other.

He also wrote: "The instruction doesnt mentions men having dominion upon other men. Well, men are part of "ever living thing that moves upon earth", but I dont think that statement included men."

The statement might not have included men, but men have been trying to dominate men since the beginning of time. It is time to wake up and put all of our childish squabbles aside and begin to cooperate and create a peaceful world.
Majic
hirukai

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 08:00 pm
@Pythagorean,
0 Replies

Pathfinder

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2009 08:21 pm
@Pythagorean,
I am not shocked by what I am hearing, just unpleasantly reminded of the mindset of man.

Destruction and War are not natural and never have been. They are the choices of men in a position power to manipulate them. There is nothing natural about it. There is always a motive.

There has never been a need for war except to either conquer or defend from one who wishes to conquer. The need to conquer is not natural, but a thirst for more than one already has acquired.

When man can begin to thirst for the needs of his neighbors instead of luxuries for himself, peace will be discovered and our true nature revealed. This communal attitude and love for our fellowmen is the goal that we all strive for, mostly subdued by the confusion of our daily struggle, but it is what the majority of mankind seeks after.

What seems like man's natural tendency toward war and barbarism is not really the majority, it just appears that way because the majority are ruled by powerful components of their societies that can manipulate them and control them. Most of us go to war because we have to follow the leader, or because the leader of some other people is making them attack us under much the same auspices.
0 Replies