Do you believe in God?

manored

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 10:57 am
@grasshopper,
grasshopper wrote:
well, i think this 'being god' thing makes me a bit nervous because now i can no longer blame anotherthing (god) but now i'm responsible of everything Razz
Well, look on the bright side, now you dont have to sit and wait for some demanding god to do things for you Smile

And blaming everthing in yourself is a great way of pushing your spiritual growth forward

For example: If a meteor falls and blows up Texas, you can blame yourself for not having sensed the meteor and exploded it, so you can blame yourself for not being ready to sense and blow up meteors Smile
0 Replies

grasshopper

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:17 am
@Pythagorean,
but that will be a life of depression for me- now i'm responsbile of everything. why did people die in iraq, why was it that long? where were we to stop it?
noone did nothing. and another side of this, am i responsible of all good things happe too?
0 Replies

MJA

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 01:03 pm
@Majic,
Like a blade of grass to a grasshopper, the universe is to me.

=
MJA
Catchabula

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 02:54 pm
@MJA,
Catcha is an ass, obviously! He produces big belgian waffles of text, in the baddest ingles around. And what's even worse he's honest, inconsequent, all too human. "Do you believe in God?", just repeating the question to make sure I understood. The following text is about a year old and it is all too personal, so I expect you all to have a good laugh. So do I believe in God?

".
MJA

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:17 pm
@Catchabula,
Catchabula wrote:
Catcha is an ass, obviously! He produces big belgian waffles of text, in the baddest ingles around. And what's even worse he's honest, inconsequent, all too human. "Do you believe in God?", just repeating the question to make sure I understood. The following text is about a year old and it is all too personal, so I expect you all to have a good laugh. So do I believe in God?

".

God is everything, including you. And its OK to pray and have faith just make sure when your boat is stuck on the rocks that you paddle too!

=
MJA
0 Replies

manored

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 01:04 pm
@Pythagorean,
I think you need a soul exam, Catcha. Poor you Smile

Soul exam means self-examining yourself till you find out why you behave in a X manner, either because you suffer due to it or just dislike. Its a painfull experience because we learn disgusting and shaming things about ourselves, but its immensely enlighting too Smile

Basically then your thoughts wander into that zone about ourself that hurts and make then jolt back, shove then into instead.
Catchabula

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 01:54 pm
@manored,
I thought a long time about a short answer. Mano, you are telling me what I need and as such you are taking quite a superior position. You may be right but I think everybody would be helped by such a ruthless and critical self-examination, including you. But you must have done it yourself; nobody would give such kind of advice if he hadn't been there himself no? Did you do it and could you in humble and objective terms describe what you discovered about yourself? Just to make sure you're not playing "superior mind" here. Thanks for a little explanation.

P.S. Does not need to be here. This matter being obviously off-topic.
manored

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 09:44 am
@Catchabula,
Catchabula wrote:
I thought a long time about a short answer. Mano, you are telling me what I need and as such you are taking quite a superior position. You may be right but I think everybody would be helped by such a ruthless and critical self-examination, including you. But you must have done it yourself; nobody would give such kind of advice if he hadn't been there himself no? Did you do it and could you in humble and objective terms describe what you discovered about yourself? Just to make sure you're not playing "superior mind" here. Thanks for a little explanation.

P.S. Does not need to be here. This matter being obviously off-topic.
There is some advice that is good even if advicer is being hypocritical, but no, I am not being, I already had soul-exams Smile

I discovered that I am pathetic, and that other people are pathetic too, and its therefore very easy to find reasons to mock both other people and myself.

Im kinda generalizing cause Im not egocentric enough to write a book about myself Smile
MJA

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 10:42 am
@manored,
manored wrote:
There is some advice that is good even if advicer is being hypocritical, but no, I am not being, I already had soul-exams Smile

I discovered that I am pathetic, and that other people are pathetic too, and its therefore very easy to find reasons to mock both other people and myself.

Im kinda generalizing cause Im not egocentric enough to write a book about myself Smile

Regarding soul-exams and God:
I am, you are, all is, One.
Truly,

=
MJA
Pusyphus

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 10:54 am
@MJA,
MJA, where do you get that perspective, that god is everything? I've heard that said before. I'm just curious.

And, do you not worry about going straight to hell when you die, for saying it?
MJA

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 11:19 am
@Pusyphus,
I'm not the only One!

YouTube - Imagine - The Beatles - John Lennon

=
MJA

God is One!!!
0 Replies

gre107

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 01:42 pm
@Pythagorean,
There is nothing any Diety has ever said that man did not say first.

Man has created the gods. The gods did not create men.

If the argument for a god is presented it is just as valid for any god or gods that have been concieved by the mind of man before them.

To believe in nothing is to lie to yourself.
MJA

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 02:48 pm
@gre107,
God is Just or another name for Everything, for One or for All.
Equal is too!

=
MJA

Everything is a good thing to be part of, that's what makes us One.
gre107

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 02:54 pm
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
Equal is too!

=
MJA

So then God really is everything.

Why do we call it God then? Since it is everything then it is not a singular being?

Which God by the way are we talking about? Brahmin? Ra?

Why aren't there many God's?
Pusyphus

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 04:14 pm
@gre107,
Wait. I'm confused now.

I thought the jews said there was only one god, and it chose them.
MJA

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 10:53 pm
@gre107,
gre107 wrote:
So then God really is everything.

Why do we call it God then? Since it is everything then it is not a singular being?

Which God by the way are we talking about? Brahmin? Ra?

Why aren't there many God's?

The universe is singularly everything as God is the Oneness of all.

=
MJA
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:27 am
@MJA,
MJA wrote:
Equal is too!

=
MJA

Say, MJA

Would you consider yourself a pantheist, then?
William

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:14 am
@Catchabula,
Catchabula wrote:

Hello Catch,
MJA nailed it. In following your posts there is no doubt you are a very learned person. Perhaps too learned. IMO, someone with your mind would, by necessity, be compelled to seek answers. You are truly brilliant and considering the heart in which you related the tragedy that occurred in your country, a caring soul. As far as God is concerned, IMO, you have all you need to know. It's the fact that you can't "nail it down" is what, I think perplexes you. And every one else for that matter.

Trying to "figure things out" is mother's milk to you. If I am not mistaken your mind is always in "high gear". If you could just allow it to rest, slow down and do you utmost to focus on the present and stop digging, you might find some relief. Easier said than done? Sure it is. But it is possible. Trying to associate "God" with the reality we, "autonomous man", has created will drive you up the wall. I know. Been there. Done that. The only thing I do know for sure is the mind in it's natural, relaxed state will issue to you all you need to know and when you need to know it, if you can ever reach that state.

My two cents. For what it is worth.
William
0 Replies

Pusyphus

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:40 am
@Pusyphus,
Pusyphus wrote:
Wait. I'm confused now.

I thought the jews said there was only one god, and it chose them.

If that is the case, then what kind of a [EMAIL="f@#ked"]f@#ked[/EMAIL] up god would do something like that?

Can anybody tell me?
Majic

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 12:01 pm
@Pusyphus,
Catchabula, in answer to your question about the existence of a god, reread posts #271 and #360 for my answer. Let me know why you think?
Majic