boagie

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:32 am
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean,

"The Truth is one,the sages speak of it by many names." Upanishads

I am afraid this kind of mentality you have embarked upon though admireable, will not fly with Christians-my personal experience.A universal, what are they going to do with that,it makes a lously political tool for ailenating others and enableling one's self to feel superior--most definately will NOT fly! Thanks though Pythagorean,I feel a little less alone now.

"Literalism kills." Joseph Campbell
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2007 01:43 pm
@de Silentio,
Pythagorean
thanks for the response, sorry I am some what busy on Mon's and Tue's.

If God has revealed himself to you, and I do presume that's true, then most assuredly He has got your attention. He has ways of doing that.
As far as nature and finding God no real disagreement there, but for the record I would say that witnessing the creation around oneself and the fact it is not your fault you are here, but yet it is your fault what you do while you are here, would be strong evidence that there must be a Living God. Also I would agree that anything one observes of His creation can be, and is use by Him to teach and or show, the knowledge, understanding, and wisdom that is His and of Him.
It is true that knowing the Living God is not exclusive to any one or creed or people or nation. It is even verified in scriptures. But if one has come to have a relationship with the Living God then one knows God through His Word and only through His Word and that would be by submitting oneself under the Word of God. Faith is not Faith without obedience. Though I prefer the word Trust, because of the what I see as misrepresentations of the true meaning of the word Faith in a lot of cases. If you don't Trust God's Word you will not respond to the Will of God that His Word has revealed. Therefore I believe that one would recognize the Word of one's own God.
What may be misunderstood is God choose Abraham to bring the Messiah to the flesh/world/earth through Abraham's children. And their history and the documentation thereof as a verification to the world that Jesus fulfills the requirements. But the Messiah is given to all, to restore all to the Father, not just the Hebrews. They where the ones intrusted to do all that they did, despite themselves. Knowing God is not exclusive to the Hebrews, only the giving of God's Word to the world is. And it is done.

Hope this helps in some way.

What do you mean by unaided soul?
"Because each man is born anew and he has before him the same possibility to establish himself as a child of the living God with his own unaided soul."
boagie

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 05:03 pm
@dpmartin,
Hi Y'all,

"I care less than nothing for Zeus,let him do as he will." Shelly's Prometheus Unbound.
One day his chains fell away of themselves and a new world eon was born.
Pythagorean

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 06:02 pm
@boagie,
Quote:
dpmartin: What do you mean by unaided soul?

I mean unaided by religious instruction. As in 'reason alone'.

--
0 Replies

dpmartin

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 06:51 pm
@de Silentio,
No offence there Pythgorean, still learning where some stand.
there are some strange ideas out there.

I wanted to mention if I may, this site is much improved since the last time I was here aprox. A year or so ago. There is civility and welcomed intelligence, people who pursue good reason for. At lest through out the philosophy of religion section. Enjoying it much.
0 Replies