Mosaic Cultural Report: Comedy in the Arab World

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 01:04 am
This report looks at how Arab comedy shows spoof and make light of political and cultural realities on the ground. By using humor, Arab TV shows have more leeway to speak truth in a region of limited free speech.

More...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,130 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Wizzy

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 06:57 am
@Article bot,
Whow, I watched that video and I have to say that it is impressive..

Never even thought about if they have TV-stations at all, even less if they have humor with political satire on their TV-networks.. As I said: Impressive..

And I think ultimatly, it's a good thing because if you can make fun of something and everybody laugh at it, everybody feels better and more positive about it.. Like the political joke they did about democracy comming to the middle-east and how it was impossible for the genie to make it happend.. Or that they made fun of George Bush, also a good thing, we should all laugh at him..

Hope they keep it up and expand it! Might be a solution to the racism and discrimination they have down there, not to mention the fighting everybody seems to be doing..
0 Replies