The Gas Station

Aristoddler

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 02:48 pm
@Justin,
I stumbled across this a few minutes ago and immediately thought of this thread.
Quote:
cjames phil

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 02:03 pm
@Aristoddler,
Thanks for that story Aristoddler, it touched me, and I have learned something from it. Thank you!
Drew-22

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 01:30 am
@cjames phil,
$5.00? What a bargain!

It's funny that this came up! I'd like to share a string of random acts of kindness that have changed my life.

Laura, an old friend, called me out of the blue. I hadn't talked to her in years. We got the talking, mainly catching up, and we figured out we live within driving distance, so we met for coffee.

Sitting down with her was just like it had used to be, we were pretty close. We talked about the old days and what we would have been like if we'd stay in contact longer. Finally, I asked her why she had called me, not that I wasn't please, I was just curious. She responded by saying that Crystal, another friend we had lost contact with, had called her randomly and it was nice. So she decided pass that feeling on to someone else.

Me and Laura are dating now, we see each other almost daily. I'm so glad that she's back in my life. And it's all because Crystal decided to call Laura about nothing.

So I called Kevin.
Justin

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:24 am
@Drew-22,
Drew-22 wrote:
$5.00? What a bargain!

It's funny that this came up! I'd like to share a string of random acts of kindness that have changed my life.

Laura, an old friend, called me out of the blue. I hadn't talked to her in years. We got the talking, mainly catching up, and we figured out we live within driving distance, so we met for coffee.

Sitting down with her was just like it had used to be, we were pretty close. We talked about the old days and what we would have been like if we'd stay in contact longer. Finally, I asked her why she had called me, not that I wasn't please, I was just curious. She responded by saying that Crystal, another friend we had lost contact with, had called her randomly and it was nice. So she decided pass that feeling on to someone else.

Me and Laura are dating now, we see each other almost daily. I'm so glad that she's back in my life. And it's all because Crystal decided to call Laura about nothing.

So I called Kevin.

It just goes to show that there are no coincidences in life. The right people cross our paths only when we are ready. Congrats to you Drew on the renewed relationship!
0 Replies

Ecstasy

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:09 am
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
As I was driving down the road after leaving the station, I had this wonderful feeling of peace and joy I would have never had, had I not been willing to give a little something.

That is what it is; by helping others we are actually helping ourselves. As you mentioned the feeling afterwards is just wonderful.

I said to her if I gave you some money you wouldn't mind. She said no, may god bless you for that and I gave her a $10 bill and said there, you can go home now. God the look she had on her face/eyes were indescribable. Funny thing helping her made me feel warm and good inside. So again yes by helping others we are actually helping ourselves.Smile
0 Replies