can i request for child support? do d baby inside me has the right

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 10:10 am
im a student 19 yrs old and im now going 4 months pregnant... i have discovered i was pregnant when it was going a month old... i told the father and ask help for abortion due to my age and was not attached to him anymore... i was asking for money for abortion , coz he's the one working already and beside its his child...he then said things like he doesnt want anything to do with the abortion, let the baby live, he has no money, he can help me borrow but i shud give something can be brought to pawnshop, he was barren, he's never sure of its his child, he doesnt care...... different statements...

im sure it his child ....

i was diagnose of having a hormonal imbalance and was taking my pills during january- march ... we met march... having hormonal imbalance is like being infertile... so it is like a 1 in a million chance for me to be pregnant...even if i was during pills and never skip a day i was able to conceive.... at first i was really dying to take the baby out... bcoz i cant support the baby as a single parent.. im still a student and lives at my parents house, my family is middle class YES my parents can support the baby but im embarrassd to my parents if i tell them im pregnant... the father of my baby has work and his family is well in life and able to support the baby if he will have initiation... but he wouldnt claim it's his... and until now im not telling it to my mom...

do i have the rights to claim my baby's rights?

i want him to support the child coz he can.... he has work...

pls tell me do my baby have a right?

djjd62

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 10:13 am
really the only thing to do is have a paternity test after the baby is born, to prove he's the father, if he is, the courts (in north america anyway) will mandate he support the child, right now, it's your word against his who the baby's father is
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 09:50 pm
@applelucillo,
it's a little bit more complicated but not much, you should go to your family services off (whatever it's called in your state) and apply for benefits immediately, you may be eligible for medicaid, Wic, Prenatal medical care , food stamps ect. family services will file for paternity regarding the expected child and will also have court ordered paternity tests if he denies. Any support ordered by the court will go to family services and will be credited against whatever benefits you receive. You will receive your eligible benefits regardless of what or how much he pays and the court will be responsible for collecting from him no matter where he goes though the Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement Agency.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 09:52 pm
@dyslexia,
if you don't file for or are not eligible for benefits then you're on your own and will need a attorney.
0 Replies

QueenCandy23

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:25 pm
@applelucillo,
"do d baby inside me has the right"...are you nigerian?
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 02:52 pm
@QueenCandy23,
QueenCandy23 wrote:
"do d baby inside me has the right"...are you nigerian?

That seems like an unkind thing to say. Someone such as yourself who comes to this forum seeking help and advice ought to mind their manners here, if they really want assistance.
0 Replies