rice milk

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:12 am
the only "milk" product we keep on hand is half/half or heavy cream, about 1 gallon per week. both lady diane and meself use it for coffee and whatever. Lady Diane's son is here visiting and he's a semi-vegan. yesterday they (lady diane and her son) went to the market. I got up early as usual and made coffee, when I opened the fridge to get some cream for my coffee I found ONLY rice milk. I am drinking my morning coffee with rice milk. It's gawdawful.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 3,819 • Replies: 32
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:19 am
Quote:
It's gawdawful.

Yes. but if you add thickend cream to the rice milk its not so bad.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:20 am
@dadpad,
there is no cream in the house.
dadpad

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:23 am
@dyslexia,
Get some.

do I have to do every damn thing around here?
dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:27 am
@dadpad,
yes
dadpad

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:33 am
@dyslexia,
but its dark out there, and i need to go to bed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:38 am
I have never tried rice milk, soy milk, goat milk or even sheep milk. For me it has always been 100% cow.
djjd62

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:53 am
@edgarblythe,
i don't mind soy milk
dyslexia

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 07:55 am
@djjd62,
well yeah but you're an idiot.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 08:04 am
@dyslexia,
Razz
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 08:16 am
you go through a gallon of 1/2 and 1/2 in a week?

almond milk is too sweet for my taste, maybe it would be good in your coffee.

I like unsweetened soy milk, but not in my coffee. I take that black.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 08:46 am
i tried ricemilk in my coffee too.
Jillian cant drink regular cow milk and , well, im not a big fan either. For her cereal and my cooking its rice milk.

but in my coffee, it was like grains of sand and fake sugar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 08:52 am
I generally have milk with my breakfast, but never use it for anything else.
High Seas

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 09:18 am
@dyslexia,
How about you throw out this vile concoction and drink your coffee black? Got to be an improvement over milk of any kind!
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 09:36 am
dys - I kind of figured you'd be the type to take your coffee black. I'm surprised you want cream at all.

Perhaps you like your coffee like your women...

A
R
T
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 09:46 am
Try soy milk CREAMER (Silk brand is good.) -- it's less awful. Give it a week. Rice milk is not a good creamer taste-substitute in my coffee. FWIW, I got away from half and half and dairy. It's a poisoned source unless you buy organic dairy products. I also add soy milk to my cereal. It is fine there.

I've earnestly tried coffee black. I do it once in a while, but it's not my preference. To me it's a different drink when it's black. What I do is grind my own beans. so it's super fresh and aromatic. Then add a pinch of salt in the grounds and this reduced the bitterness. I find coffee more enjoyable to drink black that way.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 10:13 am
@edgarblythe,
Oh yeah.
When i was little, breakfast was 2 eggs, one piece of toast , a little butter if i was lucky and a glass of cold milk .
Even to this day , having eggs with toast just feels like it is missing something with out the milk. Its as if that is the only way to eat that combination.
I have just lost my taste for it some where along the way. I have tried it, attempting to recreate that familiar breakfast flavor combination.. but.. nope. No such luck
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 10:15 am
@Ragman,
I am a lover of the black coffee now .

Never heard of the salt trick though.

But I think it really depends on the coffee you get. Cheap coffee, from the regular grocery store tastes acidic to me. really nasty black. You need to have cream and something else to cover that flavor.

My one splurge is good coffee. I get it from central market, 29.99 a lb.
Freaking love it. And it is ONLY good black. No acid taste, no harsh flavors at all actually. I look forward to my coffee every morning Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 10:16 am
@shewolfnm,
Oddly, I never did it that way. We ate boiled rice, with sugar and a dollop of margerine. These days, I don't feel like cooking so I eat a bowl of organic cold cereal, with a heap of walnuts and milk. Sundays, we have eggs and sausage, but no milk. As for coffee, I like it medium strength, plain.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 10:22 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

To me it's a different drink when it's black.

Oh yeah, totally different.

On the very odd occassion I put anything in my coffee, it makes it a dessert type food for me.

Never, NEVER creamer or anything like it in my morning coffee....or sweetener.

Once, when I had slept somewhere other than my home, my host asked me how I liked my coffee, and I said black. He/she (can't remember) brought a cup, I took one sip and Shocked Shocked
They had put sugar in it.

Black coffee with sugar/sweetener = Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

actually coffee with creamer + sweetener is pretty bad too.

0 Replies