DO THAY CELEBRATE PEARL HARBOR DAY IN JAPAN??

failures art

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:28 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You've proven my point David. If someone hoping to slur a Japanese person could as easily say "We don't serve Japanese here," then the choice to use "jap" is intentional to that purpose.

Dispassionate, perhaps, but objectivity requires taking in all available information. You are resistant to information and context outside of your experience, so you aren't trying that hard to be objective here.

"Negro" is the Spanish (perhaps other languages as well) word for the color black. Calling someone a "Negro" and then arguing that there's nothing insulting about speaking Spanish is non-sequitur. You've attempted to do similar in this thread by repeating that "jap" is an abbreviation and abbreviation are not insulting. You're simply missing the point.

A
R
T
failures art

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:53 pm
@failures art,
Thanks for the chat David, but I don't really have anything else to say about this topic. Having the knowledge that the word will offend some, I hope you factor this information in when you choose to use it, or (hopefully) not use it in the future.

A
R
T
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:14 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
Thanks for the chat David, but I don't really have anything else to say about this topic. Having the knowledge that the word will offend some, I hope you factor this information in when you choose to use it, or (hopefully) not use it in the future.

A
R
T
Yes, I was thinking that we had exhausted the logic of the subject
and we 've fallen into redundancy.

David

0 Replies

westerndoc

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:34 pm
@failures art,
You don't like being called "Japs?" Well, we Americans (many of us had relatives butchered by your thug soldiers) - HATE THE FACT that the Japanese government NEVER apologized for starting WW II with the United States!
westerndoc

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:36 pm
@Bella Dea,
And many of us still use it today! Or have you forgotten history? The rape of Manilla, The rape of Nanking, the Bataan death march...go read your bloody history! Never forget, never forgive...is the battle cry of many a WW II American vets that I have interviewed.
westerndoc

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 11:39 pm
@engineer,
Actually, there are many Japanese citizens who DO CELEBRATE Pearl Harbor Day! They talk about the cowardice of American soldiers who surrendered, rather than die for their country. Japanese still talk about the bravery and honor of those pilots who strafed and killed American sailors who died at Pearl Harbor. And if you read "Japanese revisionist history,"...then you learn that the U.S. supposedly started WW II with Japan. Yes...my ignorant friend...many a Japanese celebrate Pearl Harbor Day as a day when the "toothless tiger U.S. government" fell prey to Imperial Japan! Banzai!!!
Nakazaboy

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 02:26 pm
@westerndoc,
U sir are an ignorant ass hole. Japan didn't randomly decide to attack Pearl Harbor for the sake of killing thousands. There was some provocation by president Roosevelt as well as other political factors in making that decision.
Nakazaboy

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 02:29 pm
@westerndoc,
As for Japan celebrating Pearl Harbor, u can't blame the entire Japanese race for a couple people's actions. That's like calling every German a Nazi.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 03:21 pm
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkgGQFRUgP0OjfoMtUv4w5wQvJY2HYvrIpi-KJtlAGCKuGc_WL

There are some Americans who still celebrate a treacherous attack on America.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 08:56 pm
@westerndoc,
westerndoc wrote:
Yes...my ignorant friend...many a Japanese celebrate Pearl Harbor Day as a day
when the "toothless tiger U.S. government" fell prey to Imperial Japan! Banzai!!!
Do thay also celebrate August 6th with that rationale ?

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 09:02 pm
@Nakazaboy,
Nakazaboy wrote:

There was some provocation by president Roosevelt
as well as other political factors in making that decision.
Yes; true, but the Japs attacked in PEACETIME
on a Sunday morning; (below the belt; dishonorable).

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 09:07 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkgGQFRUgP0OjfoMtUv4w5wQvJY2HYvrIpi-KJtlAGCKuGc_WL

There are some Americans who still celebrate a treacherous attack on America.
Is there a REASON
that thay shud not exercise their 10th Amendment right to withdraw??
Did thay promise not to?? How ??

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 09:13 pm
@Nakazaboy,
Nakazaboy wrote:

U sir are an ignorant ass hole. Japan didn't randomly decide to attack Pearl Harbor for the sake of killing thousands. There was some provocation by president Roosevelt as well as other political factors in making that decision.

Aha! Some provocation and political factors. Good post. That surely corrects any previous misunderstandings about the war in the Pacific.
Nakazaboy

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 01:17 pm
@roger,
I didn't feel like getting in to it at the moment but if it pleases His Majesty then I shall. Roosevelt wanted to stop Japan's advance into China due to public unrest in the States (which is understandable, almost expected due to events like the Rape of Nanking and Bataan Death March) so he stopped all oil exports to Japan, and eventually froze all Japanese assets in the US and all trade with Japan. Japan didn't want to stop their advance into China, as it would give them a major military advantage, they looked to alternative ways to get oil. One was Indonesia, which had US outposts in it, and had to bomb Pearl Harbor in order to prevent an American counter attack.
Nakazaboy

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 01:22 pm
An interesting tidbit I forgot to mention earlier is that the US government was aware of the "surprise "attack but decided not to warn Hawaii. This was because Roosevelt wanted to get involved in WWII but needed an excuse that the people would accept, and getting bombed is a pretty damn good excuse.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 02:50 pm
@Nakazaboy,
Nakazaboy wrote:
An interesting tidbit I forgot to mention earlier is that the US government was aware of the "surprise "attack but decided not to warn Hawaii. This was because Roosevelt wanted to get involved in WWII but needed an excuse that the people would accept, and getting bombed is a pretty damn good excuse.
YES. He wanted a backdoor into the war in Europe.
Hypocritically, he campaigned against that in 1940.

In retrospect, I cannot condemn him.

WELCOME to the forum.
If u feel like telling us about yourself, your interests etc.,
u can write out a profile.

David
roger

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 04:14 pm
@Nakazaboy,
Nakazaboy wrote:

I didn't feel like getting in to it at the moment but if it pleases His Majesty then I shall. Roosevelt wanted to stop Japan's advance into China due to public unrest in the States (which is understandable, almost expected due to events like the Rape of Nanking and Bataan Death March) so he stopped all oil exports to Japan, and eventually froze all Japanese assets in the US and all trade with Japan. Japan didn't want to stop their advance into China, as it would give them a major military advantage, they looked to alternative ways to get oil. One was Indonesia, which had US outposts in it, and had to bomb Pearl Harbor in order to prevent an American counter attack.

Roosevelt wanted war with Japan because of the Bataan Death March? Well, okay, we do like presidents that are concerned with the future. Didn't know he had the Sight, but probably well he did.
roger

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 04:14 pm
@Nakazaboy,
Gosharootie! I never heard that theory before -- much.
0 Replies

Nakazaboy

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 05:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Sorry I just made this account yesterday and haven't gotten around to making my profile yet.
0 Replies

Nakazaboy

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 05:10 pm
@roger,
That wasn't the only reason of course but that and acts of cruelty like it played a role in getting the US involved. Also the US's main concern was Nazi Germany, not Japan.