Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 07:24 am
I received a ticket for reckless driving in Virginia. In case you haven't heard, getting this type of ticket is awful specifically in Virginia. I received this ticket for speeding and this reckless driving thing gives you a PERMANENT CRIMINAL RECORD! I have a career that requires me to apply for licensure every two years. With a criminal record I'm not sure I can get it. ANYWAY.....I hired an attorney to represent me since I live 6 hours from there. He assured me it would be reduce with no problem. He asked me to write a letter explaining what happened and asked for a copy of my driving record (no speeding tickets, no points ever). I lost the case and I don't think he presented my letter which was very important in my opinion. When I asked for copies of the records he said he lost the letter. He also told me he lost it once before the case and then said he found it. I feel that if all evidence was presented I would have had a better chance at winning. What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 830 • Replies: 2
No top replies

oolongteasup

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 07:54 am
@srtimpan,
take a course in safe driving
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2010 08:01 am