AVG Computer Security

gollum

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 08:08 pm
I purchased and received a disk from AVG for computer security. I placed it in the disk receptacle.

How do I cause it to download and/or run and thus provide me with protection?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,770 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 10:10 am
@gollum,
I think what you're asking is how to install and then execute it?

The process is not much different than installing any other program -- after you load the program in the CD drive, you should get a pop-up window..where it provides your some choices of action.

You'll see menu that asks if you want install the program (.exe.) file. At that point, follow the program dialogue and it will ask you were you want to install the program. take the defaults and then run the AVG program. Most questions can be answered by reading the help files or "Read me" file that are installed.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 10:22 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

I purchased and received a disk from AVG for computer security. I placed it in the disk receptacle.

How do I cause it to download and/or run and thus provide me with protection?

If nothing happens after you place the disc in the CD/DVD drive, it's possible that AutoRun is disabled on your computer.

To run the CD manually, you can just locate the drive (on my computer it's the 'D' drive) and double click it.
0 Replies

Carlow Olson

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 10:04 am
@gollum,
AVG is an umbrella term for a range of anti-virus and internet security software for the Microsoft Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD computing platforms, developed by AVG Technologhy.

Best regards
Carlow Olson
0 Replies

knowantivirus

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 11:28 pm
@gollum,
hi,Just put the CD into drive and go to my computer and open it and you will get a pop up just click on it and in that .exe file will be there just double click on that
and follow the steps AVG will be installed...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 06:54 am
Take the disk, and throw it away. AVG is no longer a reliable anti-virus solution.

Instead, go to google, type in "MS Security Essentials" and download the program. Run the program you download.
0 Replies