I am not a happy camper today

dadpad

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 07:32 am
They are using you Mame. Dont put up with it. Negotiate a breakfast time and put it on the table. If they arnt there.... tough. Theres your breakfast eat or dont.
Mame

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 09:07 am
@dadpad,
Yeah, when I got feisty with him he looked shocked and the next day they showed up on time, but given what happened yesterday (all the breakdowns), the day drillers didn't show up for breakfast so I went back to my trailer. I left the bacon and fried potatoes on the table. When I came back at 8:30 to do my baking, the bacon was gone, so they got up and ate something.

My tarte au sucre looks divine, the brownies look good, and the choc chip cookies are soft and chewy. My borscht also looks tasty. It's salmon again tonight...

Thanks for your support, dadpad.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 09:52 am
@Mame,
1 stick = 8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup = 1/4 pound
DrewDad

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 09:53 am
@DrewDad,
Interesting (to me) is that this is a conversion that Google won't do automatically.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 10:04 am
@Mame,
Oh that salmon salad sounds so divine too, I'll try that - thank you Mame.

I am glad you put your foot down - those guys should kiss your feet for cooking
such excellent meals for them. All they need to do is show up on time and if they don't they have to see what's left over.
Mame

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2010 11:45 am
@CalamityJane,
It doesn't work that way, sadly. I put the last guys' (the day drillers) food aside - they've been working 12 hours and deserve to eat. Otherwise, fend for yourself but I really hear about it if there isn't enough.

Another guy just showed up to work but did anyone think to tell the cook? no! So, the head geo is going to have to share his salmon. snicker.

Drewdad - I tried that, too... you'd think if it was such a common phrase/measurement it would be in there. But thank you - I'm going to have to write that down.
Mame

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 05:54 pm
@Mame,
Well, we're out of here the end of the month. Might be back in September. These little shitty flies are driving me crazier than the mosquitoes did! They like to land on you and buzz around you... boy, I tell ya, if I had me some Raid... RAID???????!!!! (bugs all die)

Anyhoo, gonna see my daughter and granddaughters in a few days, what a treat Smile Am flying in through TO but not long enough to visit my new Ontarioan friends, Set, ehBethie and JoeBlow, unfortunately... I had a great visit with them (hope they feel likewise, otherwise it's all one-sided) lol... but it's not to be this time... love to visit JoeBlow at their cabin, though! Hopefully without all these shitty, buggy, flies!.... aaack!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 06:44 pm
@Mame,
Mame,

Bookmark this site:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking.htm

It has conversion charts for:

Quote:
Common Cooking Conversions: Many common volume conversions found in the kitchen. Cups, teaspoons, tablespoons, pints, quarts, and many more.

Weight to Volume Cooking Conversions: Convert between weight and volume for many common cooking ingredients. Have a recipe in grams and need cups? You'll find that here.

Butter Conversions: Convert between sticks of butter and grams, cups, tablespoons, and more.

Oven Temperature Conversions: Convert between gas mark and electric oven temperatures.
Mame

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 07:26 pm
@Butrflynet,
Bookmarked - thank you, BFN!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 09:06 pm
@Mame,
That's a good site. I use it for all sorts of conversions (especially kilometers and miles, which I never seem to be able to memorize from one day to the next).
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:36 am
Well, folks, I've done my last 12 person dinner. Today everybody but Alex, me, and our driver, is leaving BEFORE dinner, so that means I just have two steaks to bbq tonight and one breakfast tomorrow Smile And a whole lotta packing and cleaning. They think we're coming back in Sept for more exploration work, but no drillers. Anyway, tomorrow night I'll be in London at my daughter's doing a whack of laundry, and in the morning I'll get to hug and kiss my granddaughters Smile Here they are:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/IMG_0866.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/IMG_0860.jpg
Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:39 am
This is a cute one of Camille:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/Camille.jpg
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:51 am
@Mame,
Quote:
...tomorrow night I'll be in London at my daughter's doing a whack of laundry, and in the morning I'll get to hug and kiss my granddaughters Smile

Smile
Enjoy!

Wonderful photographs, Mame.
Your daughter looks just like her mother. Smile

Now, put your feet up & relax!
Aaaaah, doesn't that feel good?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 08:52 am
@Mame,
aaawww, they look so great together. I agree, Denise looks more and more like you, Mame. Lucy has grown so much, how old is she now? Little Camille is just darling, and both girls look like Greg, don't they? How is Denise doing, by the way?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 09:43 am
You think Denise looks like me? This is another picture of her:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l67/WetCoast/IMG_2063.jpg

And Camille looks just like Denise when she was a baby. But Lucy is definitely from her father's side.

They're great, thanks, CJ.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 09:46 am
@Mame,
omistars!

Camille's expression is ALL you - that is definitely Mame, one adult beverage later, ready to ruffle Set
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:34 am
This is where we're going on Sunday.

http://www.greenviewaviariesparkandzoo.com/

Looks like fun Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 01:50 pm
@Mame,
Oh yes, Denise is definitely her monther's daughter and in this picture you
see it so clearly. I am glad they're doing great, she's been through a rough time....
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 02:05 pm
Well, I'll take your collective word on it. I am so excited to see them but I really, really would have liked to have seen the Ontarioans again, it's such a bummer - although... I am there all week... I could train or bus in... truly, I could (and would) ... thinkaboutit.

And CJ, really, she's over that. She's found a really lovely gentleman who adores her and is so great with her kids. She's GREAT.
0 Replies