Mosque shooting in Quebec by bigots or paid off for propaganda purposes?

Lash

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:04 am
I've noted several faked attacks on Muslims (by Muslims) since Trump's elevation to power.

Following this story.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/01/30/quebec-mosque-attack-suspects-identified-alexandre-bissonnette-mohamed-el-khadir.html?via=mobile&source=copyurl
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,609 • Replies: 82

hightor

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:50 am
@Lash,
It could hardly be called "fake" with 6 dead and 8 injured. Are you saying the bodies were just manikins, that the injuries were phony? Maybe it didn't happen at all? Why do you think this?
Below viewing threshold (view)
maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 12:11 pm
@McGentrix,
The Alt-Right justifies the holocaust by saying that it was faked by the Jews. This is the same Alt-Right that is now well represented in the Trump administration.

Six innocent people were killed at a mosque, and they want to blame Muslims. Do these people have no shame?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 12:13 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix please.... I always look to you to be a possible conservative voice of reason.

Please?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 12:24 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
... but that the 2 gunmen were hired to shoot up a mosque to foment hatred towards Trump...

Then why do it in Canada, in French-speaking Quebec? Why kill six people if all that was needed was for someone to lob a few pork chops into the building. Why hire Muslims to do the deed when plenty of alt-right troglodytes would be happy to do it for free? And how would this foment hate toward Trump? Given the size of his landslide victory and the adulation of his supporters wouldn't this tend to increase his support?
George

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 12:42 pm
The only suspect is now Alexandre Bissonnette.
George

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 12:55 pm
One shooter, folks. One.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 01:07 pm
Some details about the suspected killer Alexandre Bissonnette (in French):

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/201701/30/01-5064465-le-suspect-connu-pour-ses-critiques-sur-facebook.php

Bits: a student in antropology, he posted links to the French Front National on his facebook page, was known as a troll ranting against foreigners and "femi-nazis" on message boards...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 01:53 pm
no history of radicalism... has a twin brother... surrendered because "he felt bad about what he did"...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:01 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
What does the Alt-Right have to do with any of this? I've yet to see blame thrown around and they have the 2 shooters in custody. Let's wait and see what happens before we start spreading these kinds of thing as Lash has started here.

The Alt-Right has everything to do with this. The purpose of this story is to dehumanize Muslims.

Blaming the Muslims for a mosque shooting that left several Muslims dead is straight from the Alt-Right playbook. Any portrayal of Muslims as human beings (let alone as victims of terrorism) goes against their narrative.

That is why people are spreading these awful stories... and why people are willing to accept them.

I assume that you, McGentrix, can admit that Muslims are human beings and that Muslims are being targeted for hate crimes.

It would sure be nice to hear you say so.

McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:11 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
What does the Alt-Right have to do with any of this? I've yet to see blame thrown around and they have the 2 shooters in custody. Let's wait and see what happens before we start spreading these kinds of thing as Lash has started here.

The Alt-Right has everything to do with this. The purpose of this story is to dehumanize Muslims.

Blaming the Muslims for a mosque shooting that left several Muslims dead is straight from the Alt-Right playbook. Any portrayal of Muslims as human beings (let alone as victims of terrorism) goes against their narrative.

That is why people are spreading these awful stories... and why people are willing to accept them.

I assume that you, McGentrix, can admit that Muslims are human beings and that Muslims are being targeted for hate crimes.

It would sure be nice to hear you say so.

You've got me confused. The lead article is a "what if" scenario and has nothing to do with actual events. The purpose of the story was to ask "what if the terrorists were plated to make Trump look bad" so the "terrorist" would have been hired by "anti-Trump" people.

I am not blaming anyone for this with the exception of the guy that has been arrested and charged with the crime. I, like a normal person, will wait for the investigation to run its course and let us know what actually happened.

Of course Muslim's are people and innocent people of any race, religion, sexual preference or whatever should never be targeted for any crime. Do I really need to express that?

Shouldn't that just be assumed?
Foofie

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:12 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The Alt-Right justifies the holocaust by saying that it was faked by the Jews. This is the same Alt-Right that is now well represented in the Trump administration...

1.Who in Trump's administration is an avowed Alt-Right, not just someone that the Alt-Right chooses to identify with due perhaps to a general concern about the U.S. place on the world stage?

2. Let's forget about Revisionist Historians and (Holocaust faked by "the Jews") let's be honest and admit that much of Europe either yawned or smiled when they heard the country was now bereft of Jews in 1945. I have heard comments from otherwise decent folk that the one thing that Hitler did that was positive was eliminating Jews from Europe. Focusing on Revisionist Historians is just letting the common European off the hook from intractable anti-Semitism. This was understood after WWII, and resulted in the State of Israel.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 02:42 pm
@McGentrix,
A story about how the Jewish victims of a killing in a religious place set up the killing themselves in order to gain sympathy for their ethnic group would be quite offensive.

Do you understand why? (I think Foofie will even understand this one).

There are stories like this blaming Jews for scheming their own persecution. The goal of these stories is to dehumanize the Jews and to prevent them from being seen as victims of violence.

These stories are despicable.

McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2017 06:15 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

A story about how the Jewish victims of a killing in a religious place set up the killing themselves in order to gain sympathy for their ethnic group would be quite offensive.

Do you understand why? (I think Foofie will even understand this one).

There are stories like this blaming Jews for scheming their own persecution. The goal of these stories is to dehumanize the Jews and to prevent them from being seen as victims of violence.

These stories are despicable.

Complain to Lash, this is her thread.

1. Forums
  2. » Mosque shooting in Quebec by bigots or paid off for propaganda purposes?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:28:15