A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

smorgs

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 10:19 am
@dagmaraka,
Hope all goes well.

x
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 10:40 am
@smorgs,
A smorgs sighting!! Smile
How have you been, Sarah? Did you ever make it out to our part of the world? I remember you wanted to!

8:40 in yet sunny again San Diego
Just had breakfast and in a while I'll go with my neighbors to the gym. Need a second cup of strong coffee beforehand....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 12:28 pm
10:27 in Vancouver Canada where we're practicing on the new espresso machine; a Christmas present.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 12:55 pm
@panzade,
You moved to Vancouver, panzade?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 02:12 pm
@msolga,
6.30am, just fed dogs and gave insulin lucky me, but she's worth it, my little 8 year old, female (one blue, one brown eyed) Husky... 2nd coffee on it's way..Although I love 8.30am when David makes me a real coffee when he gets up...

Quote:
I suspect the that dreaded disease, rip van winkleitis, is spreading across the continent, from Adelaide to Melbourne.

There is definately some sort of stupid bug going around down here, I've had it for 4 days, lose it late afternoon, whole body starts to feel weak and if I dare to lay down, I can't open my eyes again, like for 2 hrs... I'll accept it came from here over to you Smile

On another note, my little Pomeranian (dogs can't catch human illnesses I don't believe) also has been disorientated for two days, kept walking into walls and things, couldn't get off her bed, and now she's normal again? Well she's 16 maybe she just "lost it" for a couple of days.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 05:54 pm
Wow!

Smorgs and Dag sightings!

G'day y'all!

10.50am Friday 30th December.

Magnificent day in Kiama. Clear, sunny with a cool breeze. Out by 7am to walk and take photos - the town's almost deserted then - street cleaning machines and joggers mainly.

Now we've walked, breakfasted and cleaned up - what next. Pack a picnic and head out, I think. Rain expected tomorrow! Neutral
jcboy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 07:01 pm
@margo,
It's 7.59PM, I just cleaned the kitchen after Marco cooked, Antonio is getting ready for his bath then bed for him. We might watch a movie on PPV.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 07:34 pm
5:30 pm here,
We did a museum tour today - Diego Rivera exhibit was nice, not enough pictures though, I would have hoped for more paintings. Next stop Aerospace museum. Charles Lindbergh was a local boy, so naturally a big portion was devoted to him. We walked quite a bit and it seems, we have more than our share of tourists this time of the year. Balboa Park was packed, we parked quite a distance away from all and now my feet hurt like crazy.....
hamburgboy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 08:52 pm
@CalamityJane,
9:50 pm in eastern ontario
listening with one ear to CBC news : " the national " .
having a little healthy snack - will go on the crosstrainer shortly - and read a book at the same time - just doing nothing but the crosstrainer is booooring - the book helps me pedal along .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 09:38 pm
9:37PM in Houston area. Just drank my cocoa and am contemplating. preparing for bed.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 10:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
6:50 p.m. in Hilo, HI. Considering what to do about din-din.
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 02:40 am
@Lustig Andrei,
7.08 pm Friday.

Just downed a pasta, chicken and pesto salad.

A zillion calories no doubt, but I just got home and was very hungry.

Hadn't managed to make time for lunch.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 07:40 am
12:40 am, Friday 31st December, Melbourne:

Just got back after a late-ish visit to a nearby friend .... I was feeling a bit cooped up & restless ...
She made us frothy a cappuccino each & we sat outside & chatted for a couple of hours. Nice.
A beautiful, balmy night. 22 C degrees now.
Predicted top temperature later on today: 32 C degrees.

The streets were deserted on my drive back just now.
I had the roads all to myself.
Love this lazy time of year in the city, when so many have left for their holiday destinations. Best time to be here, I reckon.

I should head off to bed soon, I guess, but I'm feeling very wide awake.

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 07:54 am
@msolga,
12.19 am Saturday here.

I fell asleep again after dinner and am now also reasonably wide awake. Missed my bloody walk!

Managed to get most of the things I need for tonight....just need to hope I can get some good crusty bread tomorrow.

It's supposed to be 39C today......a nasty day. I foresee time spent inside.

The friends with whom I am spending this evening have a huge spa with jets you can swim against and really exercise.....I have a date with those jets!
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 08:14 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
12.19 am Saturday here.

Whoops!
The time of my post should have read:
12:40 am Saturday 31st, not Friday ...

Quote:
The friends with whom I am spending this evening have a huge spa with jets you can swim against and really exercise.....I have a date with those jets!

Can't think of a better way to spend a scorching hot new year's eve, Deb.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 01:07 pm
9:04 a.m. Friday, 30 Dec. 2011

Just to give you an ida of the vagaries of Hawaii weather this time of year, I'm wearing a pair of khaki cargo shorts because I know it will turn quite warm later in the day and because I like having the extra pockets on the shorts. Why do I want extra pockets? Well, because later in the day I'll have to empty the pockets of the heavy tweed jacket I'm also wearing because it was quite chilly at 7 a.m. when I left the house!
Dutchy

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 01:22 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
6am. Saturday morning, 31st Dec. Going to be an extremely hot day. About to head to my neighbours for breakfast, will be an extended one with plenty of Champagne and other goodies. Yearly event, we all get along super.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 01:33 pm
@CalamityJane,
Noooo...just a visit with Dad and Sis.
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 03:44 pm
@panzade,
8.10 am Saturday........managed to ignore cats' attempts to wake me and woke up when I was ready.

Settled in for a bit of a read before I make coffee and start thinking about making place look decent to welcome the new year and water my poor plants before the heat zaps them.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 04:14 pm
Note to residents of Hawaii and Australia:

You're making me crazy.

I did some trail running through the Middlesex Fells (a local conservation
area) and had to be careful of ice. Ice. You know, that stuff you put in
your drinks. I'm indoors and wearing a sweater. Enough already with
the warm weather chatter.