A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 03:00 am
@msolga,
Nah....it's just they're too polite to be a REAL country.

Except for weeeeee Bethie.
msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 03:04 am
@dlowan,
There's also Tai & dj & Ceili & intrepid & Mackenzie& JoeBlow & Mame & ....... (who have I missed?)
Lovely folk, all! Smile

0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 06:04 am
Greetings Deb and msolga! We Canucks are of course too good to be true Wink

It's 7:03 am here in Central Ontario and we're heading down to breakfast soon. Must have coffee .
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:27 am
@Tai Chi,
8:27 a.m.

waiting for Set to be ready for our trip to visit hamburgboy (who msO seems to have left off of her list)
Tai Chi

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:29 am
@ehBeth,
Wish him a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from me, ehBeth.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:44 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
(who msO seems to have left off of her list)

Surprised
You're right, ehBeth!
And I was just talking to him on this thread a few hours before!
Apologies, hamburger .... I just can't seem to get Canada right today.
<sigh>

12:40 am, Tuesday 27th December, Melbourne:

The idiots who have been letting off (very loud!) crackers for what feels like hours have finally stopped.
Thank heavens!
My poor cat has finally emerged from her hidey-hole behind the couch ...
And I am just about to head off to bed & continue reading the book I've been devouring for most of the afternoon.

Enjoy your visit with hamburger, ehBeth!
Please say hello from me, too!
dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 08:16 am
@msolga,
What book, Ms O?

I am joyfullyndevouring Kate Grenville's The Lieutenant.
dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 08:16 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

8:27 a.m.

waiting for Set to be ready for our trip to visit hamburgboy (who msO seems to have left off of her list)

Have fun!!!
Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 02:58 pm
@dlowan,
7.25am. Tuesday 27 December. Back home in good old Adelaide after the Christmas festivities. After X-mas sales are on so may sniff around for a bargain.
hamburgboy

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 04:06 pm
@Dutchy,
monday 26 - 5 pm in eastern ontario
ehbeth , john , bailey and cleo have just left for toronto

sad to see that cleo is almost blind - and she is beginning to loose weight too - but she still responds to voice and loves a good belly rub - a lovely old lady .

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 05:22 pm
3:20 pm here in sunny San Diego

Just got home from the office where I spent a few hours - everyone is off today so it was nice and quiet to do some year end paperwork. It's still nice outside so I guess Lilly will get a long walk this afternoon....
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 05:25 pm
@CalamityJane,
It's a coolish 54 degrees around here without any clouds in the sky; a nice sunny winter day.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 06:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
7:42 p.m. in Toronto

back from an afternoon with hamburgboy in Kingston. A little over a three and a half hour trip there, less than three hours coming back ( no highway stops as the dogs snoozed all the way back).
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 10:17 pm
Just back from a caravan ( two car) trip with family up to St Helena for a long afternoon lunch. A bit of traffic on the way back, but a very pleasant day. The new grandson (3+ months) cries vigorously and promptly to signal key bodily functions (eating, shitting and sleeping), but is otherwise alert & tranquil. It is fascinating watching them develop at that age (I wasn't so alert to it when mine were new).

I hope all the Aussies Canucks, San Diegans and others here had a most happy Christmas holiday. Best wishes to all.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 10:26 pm
8:22PM in the SF Bay area. We started the day at 2AM in Boston, MA.... Man and dog lounged most of the day on the couch after we landed in a thick fog bank at SFO...I worked on school stuff...eyes are so tired, they're stinging. Boring TV...wasting away a day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 10:31 pm
@msolga,
and then I recalled Neko - who lives in between the house I grew up in and where hamburgboy lives now (it's only a few minutes drive from one to the other)

I have a feeling more Canajuns will come to mind (there's also blatham, Canajun but currently living in the U.S.).

Then there's Panzade, American - but with a significant Canajun representation to his family.

oh oh Brenda Lynn and MAB who post occasionally

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 10:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Neko is Canadian. Surprised

Just thought of Chumly, too ....

Bet there'll be more yet!

3:40 pm, Tuesday 27th December, Melbourne:

Feeling very slow today, for some unknown reason ....
Not getting much done at all ....
Oh well, it's not painful or unpleasant, or anything like that ... I just feel rather slug-like today, that's all. Smile

About to wash dishes & take a walk to the shops for some essentials (like tea).
The rain has stopped, the sun is out, the sky is blue ....
I've just indulged in a slice of home-made plum pudding.
Things could be worse.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 10:48 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
What book, Ms O?

Highways to a War, written by Christopher J Koch, Deb ...
(He also wrote The Year of Living Dangerously. Great book!

Highways is not so much about the war in Vietnam & Cambodia, or just a "war book" .... much more to it than that. I'm engrossed. About 1/2 way through now.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/08/30/opinion/30iht-edbook.t.html

How's the Kate Grenville going?
dlowan

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 10:55 pm
@msolga,
Believe it or not, I've been SLEEPING most of the day!

Got into that zone I sometimes do when I begin to relax.

Gotta get moving soon...going out tonight.

Did go for a long walk last night....longer than I realized for this early in my getting back to exercise regime.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 11:09 pm
Reyn!

Well, it's 9:52 p.m. here. I'm doing nothing but relaxing. Have to gear up to read a good and rather horrifying book an a2ker sent me, re an extended family in the Bronx in (so far) the eighties, which I lived in myself for a moment in life in 1950, albeit in a good building. A childhood friend told me years later our area had turned (I forget her words, but very troubled, though I highly doubt as troubled as some areas. That was her take five years after my family moved to Chicago and then to LA and her family visited in LA). I keep reading it because I keep learning, and I already knew bunches of stuff.

I'm on only page 97, and I feel like it has taken me years. I'm a fast reader and somewhat fast forgetter, especially re data, except sometimes. Images hang in.
The story so far reminds me of a Richard Price novel, but this book is non-fiction.

Random Family, by Adrian Nicole LeBlanc.
http://www.amazon.com/Random-Family-Drugs-Trouble-Coming/dp/0743254430/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1324961932&sr=1-1