A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2013 12:54 pm
@George,
My business partner had a ford 150, used, natch. She usually had the camper shell on it, with weather tending to be brusque and oft windy in that area - and used to haul hay for her horse, dogs, tools, large miscellaneous items, and, sometimes, found roadside branches to make our gallery windows' floral displays. Sometimes they were floral, sometimes they were stark branches, sometimes they were leaf tied columns of cat tails, once in a while they were giant wreathes, sometimes cullings from her own great garden. If she ever stops with the bigger design work, she could make a living as a floral designer. In fact I think she did, back in an earlier life. Anyway, I think the majority of the population (I may be exaggerating) in that coastal humboldt county area had some kind of truck. The votes among my acquaintances were for fords.

My own nearing antique volvo station wagon ('91, great visual access out the windows for me) could be folded down to take a 4x 5 foot painting, which is pretty much what I care about, except for dog travel, and that works too. Not at the same time.

(Gooooooo, San Francisco!)
jcboy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 02:54 am
@ossobuco,
It’s 3:52 AM, I forgot to turn the heater on last night, its 68 in the house. Must be freezing outside.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 03:12 am
@jcboy,
It's now a little past 11pm, and I'm sitting at the dining table overlooking Waikiki from the 40th floor of my nephew's condo. We can get a clear view of Diamond Head from the roof of this building, and also see it from the con?do windows, with some blockage from other buildings.
I'll post some pictures after I return home.
The weather here has been very pleasant in the high 70's and low 80's.
George

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2013 06:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
At 7:50 EST, it's 18°F in here in Westford, but feels like 4°.
I'm defrosting.
jcboy

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 02:19 am
@George,
It’s 3:16 AM, I woke up because I heard something upstairs in Antonio’s room, he must have gotten up at some point and left all three of the dogs out of their crates, their all in his bed.
dlowan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 03:14 am
@jcboy,
Lovely!!!!!

It's 7.43 pm....just got home from work. Feel like a glass of Sauvignon blanc but can't cos I am on call.....

Sad
Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 08:45 am
@dlowan,
It's 9:45 am...62 deg, sunny but windy...having coffee and some cold oat cereal with blueberries. Listening to Buffalo Springfield vinyl album on my turntable 'Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing'
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 09:33 am
@Ragman,
I have that album, has been a saver.

It's 8:29 on Thursday morning. I'm drinking coffee, about to feed Sweet Pea her breakfast, and then consider my own, which will probably be some ricotta gnocchi and tomato sauce. Project for the morning is to finish making chinese bao (buns) with various stuffings. Should come out to 48, and then where will I put them? I may have to leave them on neighbors' doorsteps. (Kidding, I'll find room to store them somehow.)

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 10:38 am
@ossobuco,
Now I'm playing Buffalo Springfield's 'For What It's Worth'. Copyright on the album says 1966. I can't believe how playable and decent sounding it is. Also can't believe that it's about 47 yrs ago that this LP came out.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 10:41 am
@Ragman,
I saw them at the Troubadour.. same year.
Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 11:29 am
@ossobuco,
I envy you for seeing/hearing that concert. They're one of the super-groups..before they had such a term.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2013 11:46 am
@Ragman,
Happenstance re where I lived, as the Troubadour wasn't far away. Saw Neil Diamond there too, but, y'know, not quite the same memory.

Actually, it wasn't so much my going there as the interest and knowledge of a guy I dated in those years.. he knew what was happening first. Though I think I went with my smartass girlfriend group to the Diamond concert... and also with them one of the times I went to hear Gabor Szabo in Hollywood. But, usually it was guy friends who took me to jazz places and rock concerts and symphonies. Lucky woman, as LA was quite a music town in those years.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 01:43 pm
@ossobuco,
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 04:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
PST, 2:34PM. Ordered some printer ink on the net.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 05:11 pm
6:07p——-finally left school, headed home

(Snow days have postponed a formal observation a few days, so I had to fool around with that...). I love what we’re doing.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 11:12 pm
9:11 pm PST - came home from a meeting where one of the members brought a good bottle of red wine from his own vineyard that's between Tecate and Ensenada, Mexico. Napa Valley south so to speak.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 08:28 pm
1.25pm AEDT

A cloudy day with intermittent rain, but comfortable temperatures around the mid-20's (somewhere around 70F)

Just killing time as I await my appointment for a steroid injection into my shoulder. They say I'll have much less pain - which has to be good!

0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2018 09:29 pm
10:27 PM Eastern

Just finished putting temporary hooks on the mantle to hang Christmas stockings.
And so to bed.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 05:27 pm
3:25PM PST. Just finished a workout at the Gym and returned to find the house filled with the delightful smell of ginger cookies and cakes for the coming holiday. Sons, daughters and kids arriving over the weekend. I hit my left knee hard on a fall on the parallel bars at the gym and now it's swelling up & hurts like hell. Hope this doesn't last.
Lash

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 05:33 pm
@georgeob1,
George—Happy for holiday plans and familiar seasonal aromas.
Sorry for knee, and wishing healing.☺️🥧🍪🍪

Southeast, 6:33pm: It’s been dark for an hour, cold and excessively rainy. Since I get up at 5:30am, I’m already scrubbed and luxurious, wrapped up in robe, blankets and socks, settling in.
0 Replies