A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Have a good trip, Tak.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:44 pm
@realjohnboy,
osso and john, Thanks. I always enjoy my trips.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:45 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
8:45 am, Saturday August 1st, Melbourne, Oz ..

First day of spring! Smile

Correction!:
That should have been Saturday September 1st! Not August.
Time is getting away from me!
Can you believe it's September already?

Good morning, c.i (have a great trip) ... good morning RJB. How are you?

10:45 am, Saturday.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 07:42 pm
@msolga,
By this time,
Quote:
10:45 am, Saturday,
I should be past Chicago.

Thanks for the good wishes.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 08:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Safe trip and enjoy "La Dolce Vita" CI.
msolga

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 05:20 pm
@Dutchy,
Monday, 3rd September, 9:20 am EST , Melbourne....
http://www.abc.net.au/weather/icons/77x70/mostly_sunny.png
Good morning!
Exquisite sunny morning here.
The weather bureau predicts a top of 20 C degrees.
Can't help but smile about that!
I have a big day ahead .... bundling up (almost!) a backyard-full of prunings, which my friend C & I created yesterday morning. We really got stuck into the job! Progress! Very Happy
Way too much for my green council bin ... I'm going to have to pay for it to be carted away.
But when it's all gone I can finally get stuck into what I'm itching to get stuck into ... gardening!
Soon I'll be planting my tomato plants & summer herbs & what ever else takes my fancy. Can't wait! Smile
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:21 pm
@msolga,
It's Sep 4, 6;20AM, here in Chianciano, Italy, our real first base from which we'll be traveling around Tuscany for 7 days. On our way from Rome yesterday, we stopped at Orvieto, a walled city on a hill. This was once one of three papal palaces outside of Rome, the other two being Viterbo and Avignon. I had lunch not far from Piazza della Repubica of spaghetti with cheese and pepper and their prized white wine. We're leaving for a local walking tour this morning at 9AM.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sounds mighty interesting CI, should you by any chance meet the Pope in Rome, tell him Dutchy sends his regards. Enjoy the rest of your stay.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 02:27 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Monday, I have a big day ahead .... bundling up (almost!) a backyard-full of prunings, which my friend C & I created yesterday morning. We really got stuck into the job! Progress! Very Happy
Way too much for my green council bin ... I'm going to have to pay for it to be carted away.
But when it's all gone I can finally get stuck into what I'm itching to get stuck into ... gardening!
Soon I'll be planting my tomato plants & summer herbs & what ever else takes my fancy. Can't wait! Smile

Sounds like it's been a monumental task getting it all done!

By the way, gardening, hmm, sounds like a good potential subject to talk about on FB, and share photos of the nice garden you have. Wink Laughing
msolga

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:58 pm
@Reyn,
You have no idea of what a monumental task it has been, Reyn!
And the gardening guy just chopped all the prunings up & took them away. All gone!
(I want a chainsaw for Christmas! Smile )
Gosh this feels good!

Quote:
By the way, gardening, hmm, sounds like a good potential subject to talk about on FB, and share photos of the nice garden you have. Wink Laughing

Ha. Point taken. Wink

10:oo am, Wednesday 5th September, Melbourne ...

Absolutely balmy day yesterday!
24 C degrees!
You could almost hear a collective sigh: "Ahhhhhhhhhhh" from all over Melbourne.
A bit cooler (but not much!) today ... sunny, with furious winds.
Back into the garden soon, to get some more done before the rain forecast for this afternoon sets in.
Spring is fantastic!
msolga

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 06:25 pm
@msolga,
[in Just-]

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and

the

goat-footed

balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee

E. E. Cummings

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuUqYXjzGlHeGU8Dt_PN2qgC4nH7GOzCEGBBYcf6V8ZWD_ULE9
jcboy

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 02:08 am
@msolga,
It’s 4:06 AM in St. Pete. A tree frog was croaking on my bedroom window most of the night so I couldn’t sleep so I got up and made a pot of coffee, having one now then will hit the gym by 5.
the prince

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 02:28 am
@jcboy,
1630 in Singapore. Preparing for another boring meeting.
Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 02:41 am
@the prince,
4:40 a.m. in NYC. Getting ready to do some work.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 02:43 am
@Roberta,
3:40 am on the prairie.

mowing all done, and my bed is calling.

(stinky is already there waiting...)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:15 am
6:05 a.m. Finished proofreading 20 pages. Working on a book about psychology. Discovered I fit into every group at the extreme ends. Every group? Is the possible? Extreme ends? OK. Let's face it. I'm nuts.

Gonna have a brownie and milk and go to sleep.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 06:28 am
8:27 a.m. Toronto
just off a longish phone call with someone I've got meetings with all afternoon
some weeks, a little bit of G goes a long way

need to drink my tea!
Dutchy

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 06:36 am
@ehBeth,
10.10pm Adelaide - South Australia. A cold night so sitting close to a cosy fire with a cappuccino doing my favourite crosswords. Barbers appointment in the morning to get my locks trimmed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 08:16 am
@Dutchy,
It's 4:13PM in Sorrento, Italy. A couple and I took the double-decker tour bus around this area,, then had lunch at a restaurant at porto watching the world go by. I had spaghetti with meat balls, because we're having dinner at a seafood restaurant tonight.

This country, Italy, still holds its fascination, and we've met many from the UK; we could tell by their accent. Mr. Green
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 03:56 pm
Its 5 pm here on Wednesday night. I just got home and took a shower, now I am going to relax and hope the tones don't go off tonite.